Assetto Corsa Round 2 Road America

Discussion in 'RSS GT1 Series Closed' started by John vd Geest, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Darrel their are a few open cars ,all the rest are assigned to players, Have a look HERE for what cars will be available on the server & when you join select one of the type that are open ..I believe both Ferraris and one shadow are available ..I will get you assigned a car for next round ..

2. Pasha Paterson

Pasha Paterson Pro Driver Broadcaster

I've been procrastinating terribly about practicing for this race, and I'm still terrible, but with Jeroen's tips from Friday, the car is way better to drive, so many, many thanks for that, Jeroen! I think I'll probably be solidly at the back, but at least I don't hate driving the thing anymore, so I think I might give it a go this time. See you all there! (hopefully somewhere closer to the pace by the time we start!)

3. Yusuf Macit

Yusuf Macit Pro Driver

It is not possible we could make these races one hour earlier, right? 20.20 GMT is a bit too late for my time (11:20pm / 23:20)... :(

4. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

I'm really sorry @John vd Geest, I can't make this one today.
    Have fun, guys !!

5. Reinhard Berger

Reinhard Berger Pro Driver

i did a few laps offline racepace testing in racesession against 1 ai driver, after 5-6 laps i got screen freeze a lot, around 5-6 times a lap and each was around under 1 sec., perhaps 0.5 sec. or lower time, i have no idea how this come now suddently, as i am not expert in AC and i not read so much in forums like racedepartment about AC problems and so on.
    i did reduce my grafic settings, hope this helps.

racepace is 2.05.xxx, i am not sure about tyres, as already (i think) in lap 7, i got yellow tyres in grafic in left front and rear, so no idea how long they hold (probably they have to hold 22 laps). fuel looks closer too, i do have no installed ptracker now, so i do nowhere see my fuel/a lap and i do not even see how much fuel i have in tank, only in basic app there is a unexactly grafic for watch, so i have to trust the garage and calcualte the fuel from what garage says (hope the do not trick me, like this was in gtr2 for example a problem).

servus

edit. i was is server and it was even more bad with screen freeze.
    actual not possible to race, each 10-15 sec. a got a freeze (incl. sound freeze, which is was dump).
    i do not make computer off for any minutes and loading new, and then i hope it works again, never had this in AC before (or i can not remember).

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
  6. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

This is strange as I'm getting screen freezes with AC now to ! 1 sec frame drops ..o_O changing gpx settings does not effect it .. I get them about 4 - 5 times a lap ..:(

7. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Sorry, I can't change the schedule. Other people are depending on it.

8. Pasha Paterson

Pasha Paterson Pro Driver Broadcaster

Compounding the fact that I'm just not that good at this, I've discovered that my pedals registered full-on at about 85% travel. A recalibration has helped a bit, but I am still reaching 100% throttle or 100% brake well before my foot is actually on the floor. Maybe I need to think about upgrading from this 15-year-old Logitech Driving Force Pro from my PlayStation 2...

See you all on the track! (Until you drive away from me. ;) )

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Eric Cline

Eric Cline Pro Driver

Guessing I missed start..server not visable

10. Darrel Kruger

Darrel Kruger Pro Driver

it is only 19 hundred, where is the server?

is there an ip address?

11. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up or the lap times would not show in live timing.

12. Nigel Middleton

13. Nigel Middleton

Qualifying 20:00 GMT you have not missed it about 12 minutes to go.

14. Nigel Middleton

I have just checked the server is there, Type SRO then you will it.

15. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

Do you have a link to the live stream / commentary? or is that not on tonight?

16. Nigel Middleton

Yes there is commentary, Should be up.

17. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Pro Driver

18. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

Found it on youtube

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. Nigel Middleton

Thanks Andrew was just about to post the link.

20. Matheus Marçal

Matheus Marçal Pro Driver Broadcaster Media Group

Thank you andrew

• Like Like x 1