Assetto Corsa Round 2 Road America

Discussion in 'RSS GT1 Series Closed' started by John vd Geest, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Nuno Rodrigues

Nuno Rodrigues Pro Driver

just tell me guys where and how can i protest?

2. Nuno Rodrigues

3. Matheus Marçal

Matheus Marçal Pro Driver Broadcaster Media Group

Its ACTV mate, we also use liveraces for live timing outside of the game

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Nuno Rodrigues

thanks ;-)

5. Nuno Rodrigues

it only works live, not on replays :-((
    do you know one that can do that @Matheus Marçal ?

6. Pasha Paterson

Pasha Paterson Pro Driver Broadcaster

Nuno, I did not see specifically what happened, but I can say, as someone who is very often receiving blue flags, that backmarkers are often trying just as hard (if not harder) just to keep the car on the track, and it is very often difficult to just get out of the way of a faster car, without losing control and causing an even more dangerous situation. Anyone who is already struggling so much that they're being lapped, is also going to struggle to find a place to step aside safely. I don't say this to excuse anyone's actions if they actually did something wrong, but just to offer the perspective of someone who has to deal with this all too often from both sides.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Chris Hill

Chris Hill Pro Driver

It is OK Yusuf it caught me by surprise too :eek:, not to worry though it was just one of those things;)

8. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

I'm often in this situation ;) and it is just a mater of little lift off on the straight. I do this even if I fight for position and I loose some time. To step aside it is not safely at all because the car behind maybe chose the same side to pass. The best behavior is to keep the driving line and let the fast driver pass. But, again, just a little lift off and everything is OK for both sides :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

In this mod, you have to "blip" the throttle on the downshifts while braking to stabilize the car. That is how fast guys get an controled and fast entry to the corner.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. John vd Geest

Don't use the forum to fight it out with someone off track please. Although entertaining, that is not what it's for.
    Please use the private postmail if you want to resolve an argument with someone.

I will delete every post concerning the above from now on.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. John vd Geest

Well said !!

13. John vd Geest

A protest was filled against Darrel Kruger for not responding to blue flags.
    It was under review and no further action will be taken.

14. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Anyone can post full replay?

15. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

I messed up my strategy on this one as I wasn't planning to do 2 stops.

Qualifying went well. My last lap was pretty good with a 2.02.8XX which put me in P3. The Shadow and Lanzo were really quick here and I couldn't have caught Toni or Davide, so P3 was the best I could do.

At the start I saw almost everyone was going for hard tires. I didn't try them once in practice, but I made the mediums last for 45 minutes in practice, so I went for the mediums and see how it goes. Start was pretty good. I managed to keep in touch with Toni and Davide in front. After a few laps they collided in T1 which sent Davide spinning, .. I anticipated he'd spun to the inside but he then started going to the outside of the turn where I was. I had to leave the track to avoid him costing me 3 positions. After about half an hour my mediums were clearly dropping off compared to the guys in front. So I decided to change my strategy, go for hards (which I never tried) and see if they could last an hour.. Unfortunately I didn't think about the fact that my tank was not empty enough to refuel enough to get to the end. So at the pit I got refueled to 100 liters but came 10 liters short to make it to the end. So I had to make another stop :( I came out in P14 after that first stop and started pushing with no-one in front. The hards had way more grip so that felt good. After everyone had pitted I was lapping in P1 with Toni 5 seconds down. He closed in on me and I let him by as I knew I had to make another stop for those 10 liters I was missing. With 25 minutes left to go I made my second stop. But on the mediums again and came out in P5. I went on full attack again and see if I could make up a position. I was closing in on the cars in front but not enough. I eventually passed Yusuf on the final lap who taught he hadn't got enough fuel - too bad about that Yusuf, it was a nice effort in the Vortex !

Finished P4, which was still a nice position considering I stopped twice. Starting on hards would have made it a lot easier though. It was good fun. Too bad Toni and Davide collided in front.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  16. Davide Ricciardi

Davide Ricciardi Pro Driver

Fantastic cars, amazing track... lots of fellow drivers... Live broadcast with commentary ....this is so entertaining, I just can't wait for next one :rolleyes:

Toni.. perkele vittu satana !!! :D:D:D (I speak Finnish language so we understand each other :D:D)
    It was a great battle between us that could've been last until the end , but why you have to be so aggressive? You collided with my car 3 times in 5 laps until when you made me spin off... 90 minutes race it's a long race, if you want to overtake a opponent you don't know, just take your time studying his moves, his strong points and his weaknesses, then you'll find the way to overtake him if you're faster, without compromising his race.

Anyway mate, no bad feeling at all, just saying all of this for the love of racing, I had a lot of fun anyway recovering 6 positions with a badly damaged car. Hope to meet you soon on track mate...

Congrats all and thanks to the guys at the commentary, you're fantastic... top job !! ;)

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. John vd Geest

Please continue this personal discussion through postmail.

18. Davide Ricciardi

Davide Ricciardi Pro Driver

I really don't want to continue this conversation to be honest :D the reason why I wrote it publicly it's because my suggestion could be good in general for the community.

19. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Send your protest to John vdg he is the admin of this championship.

Also look here 1.1. Procedure - Filing a protest

• Like Like x 1
  20. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

@Davide Ricciardi

Yep, wasnt really ideal race and not really happy.
    I did pull out of slipstream few times too to see if we pull off like that and just battle at later stages when we have secured 1. and 2. spot
    but its hard to be on the rear bumber and urge to press the pedal was too much as my pace was there.
    I do usually take my time and take pride in clean passes.
    That 1st pass was totally my bad, i cant comment on 2nd since would have to watch it but would rathed had raced more.

anyhow,

cheers :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1