rFactor 2 Round 2 Salzburgring

Discussion in 'USF2000 Championship Closed' started by Nigel Middleton, Dec 16, 2017.

1. Bret Metcalf

Bret Metcalf Pro Driver

All good from my side Paulo...Thank You,

Regards,
    Bret

• Like Like x 2
  2. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

I'm totally puzzled about my lack of speed here. I was running low drag and high radiator taping but I was still 7 to 8 km/hour down on everyone else. Cars were passing me like I was standing still. Well one driver tried to go right through me (twice) but I guess everyone read about that from his point of view :)

Are all cars equal in this mod ?

Maybe another track to add to my bogey list. Unfortunately Monza is already in that list :(

3. Bret Metcalf

Bret Metcalf Pro Driver

I'm not a mod expert Paul however, I was running 10 rear wing & 5 front with 0 radiator taping for what that's worth. There is a app called CarStat that can determine what various performance aspects of the cars are which I find useful...Optimal brake/Tyre temps, maximum safe engine temps etc. What wings were you running out of interest?

Regards,
    Bret

4. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Think I was running 6 rear and 4 front. Would check but rF2 takes soooo long to fire up and not going there now.

5. Bret Metcalf

Bret Metcalf Pro Driver

Interesting, I would load the race set up that I used so you could compare top speeds/grip but cannot find the option how to attach it..any help would be appreciated.

6. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

One for the admin I think or load it up to somewhere like Mediafire and share the link
    Thanks for the help :)

7. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Use upload a file next to post reply Bret, you might have to zip it first.

8. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

I was running front 2 and rear 4 wing. Radiatortape 40%.
    Race1: was running top6 or somewhere there when I had a incident that dropped me out of reach for top 4.
    Race2: pretty good start, but on the second lap I hit a spinner while in P5 I think. That put me all the way back as it was only lap 2.

It's a pretty good mod, and I like the big grid for it. But I think some drivers are so focused keeping the car on the road, that they don't have concentration / space left to be aware of their surroundings. I ques they don't mean to hit anybody, it's just that they need all their concentration for their own preformance and don't know what's going on around them.
    It's something you have to practise.

BTW, team GEAR is still in first place after all that :D

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Sim Racing Online

Sim Racing Online Administrator Staff Member Donator

Being able to rejoin the race after a network interruption is enabled for the benefit of our members. We are here to have fun and if you have the ability to rejoin the race, then you have rejoined the fun. Our mission is to provide the best racing environment possible.

I've also seen the benefits of this feature where innocent drivers are involved in major accidents that caused cars to leave the track. F1 79 Zolder, lap 1 is a good example. Some drivers were able to rejoin the race. We practice hard for a race and being able to rejoin is a benefit I think most drivers will eventually enjoy. If a driver finds a way to exploit this feature and then uses that exploit to gain an advantage, then nothing we can do to prevent. But I would strongly recommend that driver find another site to race at because they will never be compatible with the majority of fair and like minded drivers at SRO.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  10. Paulo Lima

Paulo Lima Pro Driver

I'll give you mine if you like
    Send me your email by PM

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bret Metcalf

Bret Metcalf Pro Driver

Hi Nigel,
    Sorry mate..I must be as thick as a brick Ha Ha..but I dont see the Upload a file option

Regards,
    Bret

12. Michael Schmiedel

Michael Schmiedel Pro Driver Donator

Race 1, after a good start from 10th place, I was 22nd after the chicane.
    Probably I was just too considerate and in the middle of chaos.
    At the end place 11, a good race!

Race 2, a good start from 8th place, but in round 2 I was pushed hard into the wall.
    Unfortunately, in my anger I missed the fact that not all vehicles had passed me yet.
    So I was standing too early as barikade in the middle of the street.
    Sorry to Alexandr Meshkov, you didn't have a chance to dodge.

After a slow drive to the box and an endless repair there was still place 18.

Thanks to the many fair drivers in this big field.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Alexandr Meshkov

Alexandr Meshkov Pro Driver

Yes bad fortune. But this is racing. I was amazed that you can race after all that damage. :)
    Standing in middle of track it's not a problem if driver hold brakes and not moving around before cars successfully passed. I had theoretically chance but saw you moved car and that forced me to change direction to other side of track, sadly there was debris on track, probably front wing that I run over and start slightly loosing control to the car. :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Daniel Escudero

Daniel Escudero Pro Driver

Yes you can pass in the hightspeed section :D! Bravo!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Nigel Middleton

Aviary Photo_131583296705380738.png

• Like Like x 2
  16. Bret Metcalf

Bret Metcalf Pro Driver

Thanks Nigel, I see it now but it definitely was not there before,:confused: I just had the Reply & More Options.

Paul-I'll upload the set up when I get home.

Regards,
    Bret

• Like Like x 1
  17. Nigel Middleton

It was ticked in your forum permissions unticked then give the permission back to you, At least it is working now.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Bret Metcalf

Bret Metcalf Pro Driver

Okidoki..Just got home now, after a night on the town, hehe...hey..even though I'm a bit old I still can party you know..:p

Regards,
    Bret

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Paulo Lima

Paulo Lima Pro Driver

and you can "still" drive :D:p

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Michał Mazurek

Michał Mazurek Pro Driver

Q1, Q2: P2, P2

R1: P2

R2: P10
    A bad start, and then I was impatient, on the second lap Mark surprised me with the braking point ... catastrophe, John falls on me ... catastrophe. I'm falling from P2 to P22.
    The pursuit lasts for a short time because I set the cooling down poorly and I had to drive slower, on average about 20 km / h I lost about 3s per lap ... catastrophe.

I misinterpreted% cooling. In the first race I had a bad set and in the second one even worse ... catastrophe ;)

Congratulations to Andrea Sammartino

• Like Like x 1