Assetto Corsa Round 2 Silverstone GP

Discussion in 'Ferrari 458 GT2 Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

2. Ken Jagger

Please note that this series is set for Qualifying at 17:45 GMT not 18:00 as many other series have been. It was incorrectly started at 18:00 for Race 1, but will be 17:45 for this and future races.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

Couldn't find the server. I found it. Cheers.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2020
  4. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Pulled out i did have the day off an urgent job has come in have fun.

I did get a bit of practice in this morning ready for the race tonight oh well next time.

5. Ken Jagger

A reminder for everyone that you MUST use your real name (SRO member name) and not a nickname when running on SRO servers. Please make sure your Sim profile name is your real name.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2020
  6. Bob Kendall

Bob Kendall Pro Driver

30 mins into race connection lost.

7. Ken Jagger

That's tough to take Bob, but then we have all been there on the end of network hiccoughs :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Ken Jagger

Having missed the 1st race at Barcelona when I got disconx on the session change to Race, I was a bit on the backfoot regarding tyre choice/wear, fuel mileage etc. After working on a setup to take care of soft tyres as much as possible and seemingly having calculated the fuel needed correctly, I was set for an interesting race.

On the 1st lap whilst we all settled in, contact with Joe did a good cosmetic job on my pristine BVR Skin (;)), but the car still felt ok handling wise. I was able to quickly close up on Paul & Kenny and then sneaked past them both on the start/finish straight when Paul had a wobble exiting the Club chicane and was able to pull away slowly without hurting the soft tyres. I had planned a no-stop race so kept my pace in hand, which looked OK, such that I closed on Johnny a little, but after a few laps he decided to push harder and pulled away (or I just went slower :)).

After 75% distance I noticed that I might be marginal on fuel as the consumption was showing 10% more than the most I had seen in practice :eek:. Fortunately I had 27+ seconds lead on Kenny/Tudor, which allowed me to do some fuel saving (something I'm useless at!) and I came home 4th at the flag with about 0.88 of a laps worth of fuel in the tank, probably vapours in real life!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Tudor Morris

Tudor Morris Pro Driver

Grrrrr..... made too many silly errors in opening laps while my hard tyres were getting up to pressure which dropped me down the order. Thought more of the front runners might pit but I guess they learned their lessons from last week and went for a no-stop race. I eventually started lapping consistently and made a few places up through others mistakes but damage was already done. I think I need to do some more tyre testing for the next round.
    Congrats to pody and well done to those who turned out :cool:

• Like Like x 3
  10. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

These cars are great. Really enjoyed the race even though I screwed up on the opening laps by spinning out of the last corner. Had to wait for everyone to pass before I could rejoin. Got passed a few cars but then sat behind Tudor for the rest of the race as we seemed to be on the same pace. Last few laps I noticed I didn't have enough fuel so came in for a splash and dash. I had a good gap to the guy behind so kept my 6th place. Came out behind Claus and didn't push as there was no point until the last few corners when I noticed I was now in 7th place. I then tried to get passed Claus as I thought he was ahead but it all turned out to be an AC glitch and I was still in 6th. Not a great race results wise but still a very enjoyable car to drive.

Well done to Phil for the win and the other pods :)

• Like Like x 4