Round 2 Virginia FC 2019-10-05

Discussion in 'RSS GT1 Season 2 Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Pablo Finotti

Pablo Finotti Pro Driver

Internet is a lot unstable here the last few weeks, I don't know if I can race today. I'll try a couple of laps on the server now, and I'll check. I don't want to get disconnected again :(

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Henri Miettinen

Henri Miettinen Pro Driver

That was with quali setup. I meant that I felt I was not getting the full potential of the car, because my driving style does not fit such a understeering car.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
  3. Pablo Finotti

Pablo Finotti Pro Driver

I got a disco again... tried to come back, but I was 1 lap behind Steve, who was P9... I crashed just to have an apotheotic end to my race, lol.
    Coincidentally, it happened again around the middle of the race. At least, I had a good start.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

Congrats to winners/podium and finishers. Start of race, pedal problems so I get rammed in the booty. Was racing Yusuf which was faster than me. We came in contact. Felt as if I gave him room but might have closed the door on him. He spins/I feel like shit. Was getting the blue flag for some and not for others. Don't understand. Might have been a jack ass racing the leaders by accident, I don't know. Again, pedal problems and no gas so my car comes to a stop again. That's four stupid moves. By then I stopped counting. I was about to pull over and call it a day but I didn't. My apologies to the drivers. Don't know if the guy in front is a back marker or racing me/the guy in the rear is racing me or lapping me. I like Asseto Corsa but damn it. Looking like a A hole.

Sorry for the rant.

Brought to you by Johnny.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

gz podium. great race to watch.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Steve Isaacs

Steve Isaacs Pro Driver

[QUOTE=".... Don't know if the guy in front is a back marker or racing me/the guy in the rear is racing me or lapping me."
    [/QUOTE]
    Try the built in Realtime. It colorizes and displays gap.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
  7. Henri Miettinen

Grats all finishers. I didn't do tire endurance tests, but I thought of trying a medium. I wasn't sure if I would do 2 or 3 stops, but eventually i ended up with 2xmedium. Got a good start and made gap to Davide. At the end of the first stint, after a long drive alone, I lost focus and spun, and Davide passed me. But I passed him in pit stop. Then again long drive alone and made good gap, but I thought about making things interesting and I spun again :D Davide reached me and my tires were almost dead. But I noticed that I had a good straight speed, so I was just trying to get a good exit to the straights so he wouldn't get to my side. Then we had a contact and we both spun, and I think then Davide give up, because the difference between us grew all the time.
    See you next time! :)

• Like Like x 3
  8. Yusuf Macit

Yusuf Macit Pro Driver

Uuuuuhh... Yeah....... NOS for life... and congrats to podium and see you all next time at Oschersleben, oh, hopefully with more drivers.

Good race Johnny/Phil - some contact here and there, but thanks.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Henri Miettinen

Did you guys see that huge ball in the middle of the back straight in a few rounds? Or was it just the bug I had?

10. Steve Isaacs

Steve Isaacs Pro Driver

I'm watching the broadcast. Yusuf, I see you were running the after burrners. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Davide Ricciardi

Davide Ricciardi Pro Driver

you need to change pusher mate :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Yusuf Macit

Yusuf Macit Pro Driver

Just finished watching the broadcast, amazing coverage @Caitlin Penny thank you so much for your efforts These are going to be great memories to re-visit in the future.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Davide Ricciardi

yeah I gave up after the contact, I could've had push more trying to win but no point as my direct competitor for the championship was behind me, therefore a P2 was more than enough for me. I gave you back P1 after the contact, but probably was a race incident so I could've just go and take the win... not sure tho, tomorrow I'll watch the race...

Fantastic race Henry, so much fun... congrats all

• Like Like x 2
  14. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Eventfull race Johnny. Hope you get your pedals sorted :)

15. John vd Geest

Thanks for letting us know Tim.
    Could you please unregister yourself from the signup list next time (just from that event), so you don't ride along with the result processing? :)

16. John vd Geest

No shows

Paulo Lima is removed from this series as a no-show.

17. Davide Ricciardi

Great Broadcast again @Caitlin Penny, no need to apologize for your criticism to me, you can be harder on me next time :D :D yeah it seemed like I was making mistakes but the truth is that I was on hard tires trying to race Henry on meds, which on average are 1 sec faster, so I was way over the limit and still managed the fastest lap of the race with hards. You should be able to see what tires drivers are racing with, that will change dramatically the understanding of the race for the viewers.
    Great podium for John and a second place in the championship for Yusuf well done all ;)

• Like Like x 2
  18. Henri Miettinen

1 sec faster? :eek: In my tests I only got 2-4 tenths faster, but I didn't get the hard ones warm, so I thought it might be a problem with a long stint.

19. Davide Ricciardi

yeah with meds I go a sec faster, I actually use them for qualy sometimes as for me there's no difference in performance with soft. The problem I have with meds is that they don't last, I don't know how you managed to do a whole stint with meds, I guess it's driving style or setup differences or both... With hards I feel very comfortable and safe.

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Henri Miettinen

I think it's both. I see you were driving a much faster turn in, as I also usually do, but I didn't get the setup to work, so I had to change my driving style. I think it is not so fast style, but it is better for tire wear.

• Agree Agree x 1