Round 2 Virginia FC 2019-10-05

Discussion in 'RSS GT1 Season 2 Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Steve Isaacs

Steve Isaacs Pro Driver

I'm not even close to the laps some of you were putting down but here's my 2 pennies. Mediums were a little better than .5 per lap for me. Setup on the rear did a lot to extend the life of the rear tires (thanks for the help Yusuf). I did a 1 stop on mediums but was concerned about pushing the tires too much. I'd done my testing so knew what to do. I'm glad I had that little bit of extra grip when my brain started taking a dump in the second half of the race. :confused:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Steve Olden

Steve Olden Pro Driver

after doing the first race on Mediums and doing 2 stops, I thought i'd try the hards for this race so I could 1stop like everybody else, but during my practices I couldn't drive with the hards at all(couldn't get any heat in them). I thought it was just me and my rubbish driving...I improved my times by 6 secs, but was still 6secs off the pace. So bad that I even unregistered for the race! I tried mediums and was a second quicker but still sliding about too much. I refered to my setup sheet and found something to stop that so last minute re registered for the race fully expecting to get a solid 18th place...out of 18...but not everybody showed so I only had to get to the end to equal my previous race finish.
    getting forced onto the grass at the start wasn't ideal + another couple of incidents - including fogetting that the pit straight wasn't actually straight and driving onto the grass whilst looking in the pit to try and work out if the guy behind me had retired. For the last 15mins I didn't see another car infront or behind and I was wondering if the server had crashed and I was driving round on my own...
    Overall it was a good race(apart from a few silly mistakes) and I improved my times a further 2 seconds..

edit: must have been something with the track 'cos I'm not having any probs driving on hard tyres at Oschersleben (a track I know, unlike the previous 2)

btw: I wasn't "accidentally racing" with anybody, I was tring to go as fast as I could through the twisty bits to not hold up the car behind so I could let them by on a straight (or at the end of a straight) so that neither of us lost too much time..and the once the car had gone past I tried my bestest to keep up so I could try and get quicker.(see above)

3. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

We all had that problem that the Hard tires stayed cold (blue) all the time. You can however, make sure that your tire pressure is optimum. You can see that by the pressure value's going full green in the tire app.