rFactor 2 Round 2 Zhuhai

Discussion in 'SRO Multiclass Group C & Flat 6 Closed' started by John vd Geest, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Ricardo Gomes

Ricardo Gomes Pro Driver

Will try, can't promise... but i'll try.. the combo is AWESOME ;)

2. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Stay with Group C Steve will be a good race.

3. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

While you and Ricardo are fighting each other John I will take the win :):):)

• Like Like x 1
  4. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

LOL, don't know about that ... :p

5. Ricardo Gomes

Ricardo Gomes Pro Driver

Sorry guys, eastern dinner starts latter than I expected, and i can't excuse myself :(
    Have fun!

6. Zac Bremner

Zac Bremner Pro Driver

Wow that was a lesson in conservative driving, good race (and series) though - grats winners :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Great drive that I made hard for myself by 1st 30minutes by thinking will tyres last and last 55minutes calculating fuel.
    This and seeing Zac keeping steady pace behind me lap after lap.
    Wasnt sure if I pit, will it be enough if he dont and so forth.
    stopped at final laps for 6liters of fuel.
    This all caused me 2 unforced errors but other than that I think it was best drive Ive done on rF2. Did 1.37,s nonstop from start to finish.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Steve Cornet

Steve Cornet Pro Driver

Your right about that Toni, that was an awesome drive well done mate.
    I ballsed up Q and didn't set a proper lap which is highly unusual, but I wasn't bothered about it because I don't think Q counts for much especially in a 90 min race, but actually I did regret it as race turned out to be quite close with multiple cars. I was 1.8 sec up in S2 and went off in S3 heh! Prob would have been good for P2 and saved me a lot of hassle in the race.
    Gained some positions in the race, spun it, lost all the places I had gained and had to do it again, aside from that it went pretty good. The good thing was the was various other cars Scott, Zac, Xavier and me were all pretty close. Also Flaviu should have been in the mix but wasn't. Should make for some good races thru the season.
    Was short shifting a lot in the middle of race to save fuel I could see it was tight. Seemed I had done enough short shifting and started revving it 100%, I thought wrong and did not expect to need to do an extra lap, I was gonna run out of fuel on last lap. I had 16 secs on Scott by that point, I literally had to free wheel around as much as possible, run out of fuel in S3 and luckily just rolled it over the line, even more luckily just kept it ahead of Scott by 1/3 of a tenth :D. Close Scott but no cigar! Must watch the fuel better next time.
    Looking forward to the next one, cu guys next time.

• Like Like x 1
  9. John vd Geest

The Zhuhai track was a great succes for me in terms of driving it. Absolutely love it. It has some beautiful corners where you aim for the apex and then time your accelerationpoint to rocket out of the corner. Just a blast!

In terms of racing it would have been a bit boring if the Group C wasn't such fun to drive. Loved every minute of it, although alone.
    I strongly suspect that both Sergio and Nigel did not practise. They are actually faster then that. Unless Sergio would have boosted me out of first place on lap 1. That would have been a other story :)

Watching the replay, I had fun following the battle between Flaviu (working his ass off to get closer to the pack), Scott, Steve and Xavier with all the little drama's of passing, being passed and all working really hard to get to upper hand. Was pretty closs for 2 place between Xavier and Zac on the last lap. But Zac held it under big pressure LOL.

Before the race I said that Toni would be gone, and he was. pretty impressive drive and win.

For Spielberg and Group C it will be a boost party. But boosting also means fuellconsumption and pitting early to take on more fuell. It will become a strategie race.

See you next time!

Btw, I'm going to delete the signups of guys who didn't show up the first 2 races to keep the list acruate.
    If they want to join again and show up, they are very welcome :).

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  10. John vd Geest

Zac, if you are going to drive in the Flat 6 class, could you please sign up for that class instead of Group C.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Xavier Eugeni

Xavier Eugeni Pro Driver

Really happy with my race yesterday. Finally got a "secure" set, allowing me to keep the car in car while braking,. which was a nightmare last one. Free-mistake race, consistent pace, and good fights with Steve and Scott teh first half of it. Was lucky to take benefit for minor mistakes in front, so found myself third 11 secs to Zac and 2-3 in front of Steve. Just keep diging and was able to mantein dsitance from Steve, which was really hard, and Zac seemed having problems, fuel or tyres related, and those 11 sec werw slighty reduced lap by lap. Had 2 laps of close fight but couuldn't find any opportunity for a safe past.
    Congrats all, amazing 90 min!!

• Like Like x 3
  12. Scott Ring

Scott Ring Pro Driver

I thought I was ok in a conserving race, but wow I was schooled.. near the end I was waiting for most to pit for a splash, when I usually gain a couple places... but nobody ahead
    ( except crazy pace Toni) was pitting and I was like, wow I suck! and even with my super slow short shifting pace I realized I was running out of fuel on last lap:eek:
    Also I hated those 2 slow, icy corners.... EPIC fail:oops:

• Like Like x 2
  13. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

It was a tough race for me. I wast just arrived after 4 hour of real life driving in bad weather and on bad roads. And after a pretty hard day. In fact all this weekend wasn't my best for racing :(. Starting with the mistake at Norisring and then another one here after few laps of race. I couldn't find my focus during this race and I really
    as John clearly noticed :cool:.
    And also like @Scott Ring I waited for some cars to enter the pit. That didn't happen.
    I'm truly glad I could finish the race in one piece :) And I still have the feeling that I have a lot more to learn about this cars.
    Congratulation to podiums. Amazing race guys.
    And congratulation for podium to my team mate @Xavier Eugeni :) GO FKR !!!!
    PS
    I really really hate
    :)

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Zac Bremner

Zac Bremner Pro Driver

Bloody hell, unbelievable pace Toni, I'll be taking some notes :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Scott Ring

Scott Ring Pro Driver

I imagined you sawing at the wheel with cat like reflexes..but wth... It looked like a lazy sunday stroll..o_O

17. John vd Geest

If you analize that lap and know what to look for, you will see where the laptime comes from;
    1. he doensn't brake too late for a reason, because
    2. he is balancing the car to go into the corner with some extra momentum, because
    3. that gives the car some extra forward speed after the apex, because
    4. then the engine gets back up to speed easier and doesn't have to pull that hard (free extra coasting speed), thus
    5. with this balance he can aply the throttle early to exit the corner strongly, already on a high coastingspeed.

If you brake late, the car is slower on the apex because all your focus is on stopping the car, not on corner exit.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
  18. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Can't beat the old SLOW IN, FAST OUT recommendation :)