Assetto Corsa Comp Round 3 Bathurst (endurance)

Discussion in 'ACC 2022 GT3 Series 1 Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Jan 17, 2022.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

HELL.jpg
    Registration

The Bathurst 12 Hour, currently known as the Liqui Moly Bathurst 12 Hour for sponsorship reasons, is an endurance race for GT and production cars held at the Mount Panorama Circuit, in Bathurst, Australia. It is an annual race, taking place every February. The race was first held in 1991 for Series Production cars and moved to Sydney's Eastern Creek Raceway in 1995 before being discontinued.[1] The race was revived in 2007, again for production cars, before adding a new class for GT3 and other GT cars in 2011. This has led to unprecedented domestic and international exposure for the event. In all, eighteen races have taken place; seventeen at Mount Panorama and one at Eastern Creek Raceway.

Hell Corner
    The common misconception of nomenclature due to the accidents that happen at this turn are widespread. Hell Corner was named after a tree stump that existed on the apex of the turn. It was believed that any motorcycle riders who hit the stump would die in an act of folly and thereby be doomed to an eternity of death.

Conrod Straight
    [​IMG]
    The Chase (top left), followed by Murray's Corner and the Pit Straight
    [​IMG]
    Conrod Straight
    Formerly known as Main Straight, Conrod Straight was so named because of a con-rod failure that ended the 1939 Easter race of Frank Kleinig in his Kleinig/Hudson racecar. At 1.916 km (1.191 mi), Conrod Straight is the fastest section of Mount Panorama, with V8 Supercars almost reaching 300 km/h (190 mph). The straight is a roller-coaster ride featuring two distinct crests, the second of which was rebuilt in 1987. Conrod Straight has been the scene of six of the seven car racing deaths on the circuit – Reg Smith, Bevan Gibson, Tom Sulman, Mike Burgmann, Denny Hulme and Don Watson. All except 1967 Formula One World Champion Denny Hulme (heart attack) died in high-speed accidents. However, the chicane introduced into Conrod Straight reduced the top speed of cars going down the straight and has created one of the fastest corners in the world. Most drivers arrive at the initial part of the chicane at over 290 km/h (180 mph). Prior to the introduction of The Chase in 1987, Conrod Straight was a mile-long straight where the faster cars were getting airborne over the second hump, which was a contributing factor in Burgmann's accident.

The fastest ever speed recorded by a touring car on the old straight was by Scotland's Tom Walkinshaw driving a V12 Jaguar XJS during qualifying for the 1984 James Hardie 1000. Walkinshaw was timed at 290 km/h (180 mph).[citation needed] Ironically, while the Chase was introduced in an effort to reduce terminal speeds on Conrod, by the 1990 Tooheys 1000, the turbocharged Ford Sierra RS500s were achieving higher speeds than pre-1987 with Tony Longhurst reportedly being timed at 295 km/h (183 mph) during official qualifying for the race

Last edited: Feb 13, 2022
  2. Simon Gymer

Simon Gymer Pro Driver

[​IMG]
    Just saying. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Larry Thomas

Larry Thomas Pro Driver Donator

To be safe am going to drive with the pit limiter on.
    Will also solve my pit entry issues.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. Rob Milliken

The Qual session has been extended to 15 min, this will hold true for the rest of the series as well!;)

5. Simon Gymer

Simon Gymer Pro Driver

Is this going to be 60 ir 90 minutes?

6. Rob Milliken

Like the banners says 90 min of pure HELL~!~

7. Simon Gymer

Simon Gymer Pro Driver

Rob, the practice server has the wrong password. Can you reset with the usual one please?

8. Rob Milliken

Hmm its showing correct on the server I will restart it maybe it never got restarted after the change :rolleyes: check it in a few min please!:D

9. Simon Gymer

Simon Gymer Pro Driver

Thanks. All sorted.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Larry Thomas

1 minute for me.

• Funny Funny x 4
  11. Rob Milliken

Naa, you got this Larry, don't fall for all the hype , it's just another track ..:rolleyes:. GT3 race here a lot, why else would kunos put this track in there GT3 simulatoro_O:D..
    Besides it has all those nice walls to keep you from falling off the cliffs! Safety first:p

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Mark Ekins

Mark Ekins Pro Driver

In ACC out GT4 race has been the only event i've done here. I used to love it in Raceroom so need to become afraid of it again. Maclaren does help things but the whole middle sector is a hold your breath time!

What damage level do we run? I dont think there is anything you can do to help people finish, If you do crash your penalised by time lost and by damage...

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Larry Thomas

Just did a test race. 90 minutes and only touched the walls three times!:)
    Next test race will try with the pit limiter off.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Christian Mentin

Christian Mentin Pro Driver

Hi Guys, sorry I cant make it tomorrow :( - really bad timing for me, Ill be back next time!

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Larry Thomas

Sorry to hear that Christian

16. Rob Milliken

• Like Like x 1
  17. Mark Ekins

Mark Ekins Pro Driver

Good luck everybody! This one is going to be more about the track than anything else.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

I forgot to unregister. Errrr:mad:

19. Rob Milliken

No worries JG ;)

20. Alberto Alvarez

Alberto Alvarez Pro Driver

I felt awesome all race long, not super fast but very confident with the car, even during a long first stint. I was confident after exiting pits and gaining a couple positions. @Mark Ekins was closing down on me, but I was feeling so good I accelerated over the kerb with just two laps to go and smashed the car against the wall :)
    My poor Porsche didn't deserve it at all, she had been great :oops: hope she doesn't keep it in mind for next race...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 26, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2