Round 3 Bikernieki - High speed ring

Discussion in 'Group C Honey Jar Series Closed' started by John vd Geest, Apr 16, 2018.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Biķernieki is Latvia's only permanent motor racing circuit has been undergoing a revival in recent years, with track improvements and safety upgrades brought in part by the advent of its hosting of World Rallycross. Flourishing once again as a hub of regional racing, the Biķernieki complex appears to have a bright future once more.

• Like Like x 1
  2. John vd Geest

Track Bikernieki has been updated from V0.5 to V0.6.

If you downloaded the track before this date, please delete the old one and download V0.6 on the "cars and track" tab of the event.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. John vd Geest

Bikernieki track guide

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. Robert Waddell

Robert Waddell Pro Driver

Great group. I learn so much from my perch in North Carolina. Love the Eastern European tracks. (Love the former eastern European soviet block in general).

• Like Like x 1
  5. John vd Geest

What. Uncle Stalin??!! :D:D:D

6. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

That pitexit.....

when pit, probably too scared to pit out :D

• Like Like x 1
  7. Robert Waddell

Robert Waddell Pro Driver

No. The fact that, with our help, they defeated Stalin and his progeny. Now, they are fighting the EU, another communist threat.

8. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

I´m not well experienced with AC so this is probably a stupid question. But I selected the number 2 Porsche skin to join the server but the only thing I get is the number 99 skin. Furthermore regardless what skin I select (17, 04 etc) it stays the same?
    Any suggestion what I´m doing wrong?

9. John vd Geest

Setting up skins on the server is Rob's department. He might be able to answer.

10. Roel Postma

Roel Postma Pro Driver

Can we please stay out off political issues. Wrong place

11. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

12. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Can't make the race tonight have fun.

13. John vd Geest

Round 3 Bikernieki will be streamed live from 20.00 BST.
    Don't miss it !!

You can find the link on the top "Live Streaming".

14. John vd Geest

I was watching the replay between Roel Postma and Pablo Finotti at timestamp 8.22. It looked like Pablo got punted, but on the screen Roel did not even touch him.
    That was a pure netcode bug. Very weird. Someone's ping must have been high at that moment.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Pablo Finotti

Pablo Finotti Pro Driver

I'll write my report later, but I was punted twice on that corner. Nothing I can do about the ping, I'm 15000 km away from you all, so it'll never go under 250... the fact that the C9 was ultra slow on that corner didn't help either, but I don't blame the other drivers for that, i.e., Johnny (i guess) and Roel.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

Ah ok then it seems not in my responsibility, I drove now with that skin which was assigned to me by the server.

Actually I think I have to apologise to you, I blocked you into the last corner and that was silly. Sorry, it was my first race with assetto corsa and not the best race I ever driven. Probably I should have checked that before the race, but is there a possibilty to enable virtual mirrors? I missed them more than I expected... (heliocorsa and the track map are not a replacement for them)

Anyway race was a bit strange, I ended up P4 and I cannot really explain how? I was able to make the medium tyres last and saved even more than enough fuel to finish, but I thought that was a slow strategy and before the race I was not sure, if it would work out.

Oh and by the way, good coverage, watched part of it, good work guys. Hope to see you soon.

17. John vd Geest

Strange. I don't think it happend to you in the first 2 races, did it?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. John vd Geest

Yes, it's F11 on default.
    Not to worry, I was carefull going around you. No harm done :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Pablo Finotti

Pablo Finotti Pro Driver

I don't actually know because I was racing completely alone most of the time. You followed me for a couple of laps at Riverside. Anything was wrong? I felt the internet was a bit unstable today, had some hiccups during the quali... but nothing dramatic. It stabilized after 30s.

20. John vd Geest

I did came very close to you in the brakingzone at Riverside. But nothing happend there between us with netcode.