Assetto Corsa Comp Round 3 Brands Hatch 2021

Discussion in '2021 ACC GT3 Series 4 Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Oct 17, 2021.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

r3,2.jpg

Servers updated to 1.8.4.
    Round 3 will feature the 2021
    version of Brands as well as the new BMW M4.
    (
    Still called Brands 2020 in the server cnfg)
    Drivers are free to change cars for these holiday runs! :)

Servers up!

Last edited: Nov 28, 2021
  2. Mark Ekins

Mark Ekins Pro Driver

Just havent been well the last week, only put a few laps in around brands to feel the changes. Not entirely convinced, FFB is very low, vague, not feeling the same level of resistance.

Always hear the pirelli tyres are pretty unique and dont like to be pushed hard.. I guess this is trying to better replicate them?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rob Milliken

For me the update is very nice! :) The "turn in" is much improved for me & over all the feeling seems more natural. I struggled with this in the past but the game has new life for me now! Make sure you make new setups as the old ones might conflict with the new psyx updates ..

4. Rob Milliken

Game has been patched to 1.8.4 to solve MP crash issues.

5. Taner Selvi

Taner Selvi Pro Driver

The server is not available/seen at the moment.

6. Rob Milliken

It will be up shortly, due to back-to-back hot fix's we are in the prosses of updating, as the latest- 1.8.4 included a new ded :)

7. Rob Milliken

Server is back up!

8. Rob Milliken

9. Alex Sander

Alex Sander Pro Driver

Ill see you guys at the track today. After months away I've dusted the rig off and fired it up, wont get any practice in but should be fun :)

• Like Like x 4
  10. Mark Ekins

Mark Ekins Pro Driver

I'm afraid i wont be turning up. Have had surgery this week to remove an absis from my lower back, which in itself was painful to drive with for the last few weeks. Haven't had much energy to be doing much since as it tries to heal up.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  11. Rob Milliken

No worries Mark! We will miss you & hope you feel better soon!

12. Alex Sander

Alex Sander Pro Driver

Thanks everyone. That was fun, first laps in 3 months? Maybe more...1.8 is lovely, that tyre feels great, you can drive on pure feel just jumping in.
    As far as the race, far too rusty. Many mistakes, times up and down....

I'll try my best to make it to the next races, but with holidays coming might be difficult.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Simon Gymer

Simon Gymer Pro Driver

That was a challenging race, the first on the 1.8 update, which in general I like. The new DLSS does improve graphical performance but it looks more fuzzy than without DLSS and still looks like a blurry mess in VR. The new tyre model I like, it feels even better than before, but also in some ways more forgiving. Certainly feels more communicative. Makes me want to get a DD wheel to enjoy it even more.

Druids on lap 1 was a bit of a mess with some bumping, but after that was challenging to get back my positions lost on lap 1, but eventually turning into a lonely race. Brands Hatch is incredibly hard to be consistent at and lap times can vary a lot during the race. I could be more aggressive on setup than with the previous tyre model for sure, but need some more time with it to work out what is what.

Hope you recover from your op soon Mark! Having suffered with my back on and off for a few years it's not fun doing even these sorts of things with back pain. I'm finally in a place that I'm mostly pain free and it really does give you a new lease of life to be able to use your body fairily normally again. Ridiculous considering we're sitting on our arses at a desk, but it's not fun with back pain to do that!

14. Rob Milliken

Great race guys!
    We had an issue with the results. They should be up soon!