rFactor 2 Round 3 Brands Hatch GP_DX11 v0.78 Alt. link - Wed Sep 28, 2022

Discussion in 'Austin Mini Cooper S MK1 Series Closed' started by John vd Geest, Aug 12, 2022.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Mini Cooper kop.png

ROUND 3 BRANDS HATCH GP

Brands Hatch is a motor racing circuit in West Kingsdown, Kent, England, United Kingdom. Originally used as a grasstrack motorcycle circuit on farmland, it hosted 12 runnings of the British Grand Prix between 1964 and 1986 and currently hosts many British and International racing events. The venue is owned and operated by Jonathan Palmer's MotorSport Vision organisation.

Brands Hatch offers two layout configurations. The 1.198 mi (1.928 km) "Indy Circuit" layout is located entirely within a natural amphitheatre offering spectators views of almost all of the shorter configuration from wherever they watch. The 2.433 mi (3.916 km) "Grand Prix" layout played host to Formula One racing, including events such as Jo Siffert's duel with Chris Amon in 1968 and future World Champion Nigel Mansell's first win in 1985. Noise restrictions and the proximity of the Grand Prix loop to local residents mean that the number of race meetings held on the extended circuit are limited to just a few per year (usually for higher-profile series such as the BTCC and the BSB).

The full Grand Prix circuit begins on the Brabham Straight, an off-camber, slightly curved stretch, before plunging into the right-hander at Paddock Hill Bend, with gradients of 8%. Despite the difficulty of the curve, due to the straight that precedes it, it is one of the track's few overtaking spots. The next corner, Druids, is a hairpin bend, negotiated after an uphill braking zone at Hailwood Hill. The track then curves around the south bank spectator area into the downhill, off-camber Graham Hill Bend, and another, slightly bent stretch at the Cooper Straight, which runs parallel to the pit lane. After the straight, the circuit climbs uphill though the decreasing-radius Surtees turn, before moving onto the back straight where the track's top speeds can be reached. The most significant elevation changes on the circuit occur here at Pilgrim's Drop and Hawthorn Hill, which leads into Hawthorn Bend (with some parts approaching 7%). The track then loops around the woodland with a series of mid-speed corners, most notably the dip at Westfield and Dingle Dell and the blind Sheene curve. From there the track then emerges from the left hand and cambered Stirlings Bend onto the short straight to Clearways and rejoins the Indy Circuit for Clark Curve with its uphill off-camber approach to the pit straight and the start/finish line.

The British Rallycross Circuit at Brands Hatch was designed and constructed by four-times British Rallycross Champion Trevor Hopkins. It is approximately 0.9 mi (1.4 km) long and was completed around 1981. Unlike earlier rallycross courses at Brands Hatch, cars start on the startline then veer right and downhill on the loose at Paddock Hill Bend. Through the left-right Esses at the bottom, the circuit rejoins the Indy Circuit to travel up and round Druids hairpin, before a 90-degree left through Langley's Gap and across the knife-edge, rejoining the Indy Circuit, but travelling anti-clockwise. From Cooper Straight, the cars swoop up the old link road and back to Paddock.

Brands Hatch GP Masters Pre 66 Mini Race - dead last to 2nd place!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  2. John vd Geest

Server is up.png

• Like Like x 1
  3. John vd Geest

[​IMG]

Drivers briefing

1. The use of the Esc. key in Qualification
    Use of the Esc key during Qualifying is the equivalent of stopping your car and getting out. This may be done only in your pit stall. There are very few exceptions to this rule. Here are the only two we will currently consider. These exceptions are subject to change at any time:
    1. You run out of fuel in pit lane before reaching your pit stall.
    2. You sustain damage to your car as a result of another driver and cannot make it back to your pit stall. You must prove your qualifying session was wrecked by another driver and that you made an attempt to return to pit lane.

If you use the Esc key in any location other than your pit stall, your Qualifying session is over and you may not return to the track.

2. Brands Hatch GP Conditions
    1) The race will start at 02:00 PM (in-game time of course)
    2) Time acceleration is normal. Fuel and Tires are set to normal.
    3) Cut Track points are set to 10
    4) This race has 100% damage
    5) There is no mandatory pitstop
    6) This event has a standing start

3. The server password will be changed on race day. You can find the password for the race server on the Brands Hatch GP event page.

4. You can find the server by first typing sro

5. Unregistering in time if you can't make it.

6. No-shows (keeping the entry list real)

If a driver does not show without unregistering for that event or letting us know that he can't make it on the event forum, he will be removed from the series.
    If he is no longer interested in the series, it's fine like it is.
    If he forgot about the event, he can sign up for the series again.

(You don't have to unregister for the whole series. You can unregister only for the event you can't do.)

7. Please use the same name in the rFactor 2 game as on our signup list or it won't match in our automated result processing.

8. Last but not least ... SIMRACINGONLINE wishes you a great race!

If you have questions, please ask them below.

4. Kiril Kirilov

Kiril Kirilov Pro Driver

Hi everyone! @John vd Geest I am pretty new to rF2 and wanted to ask what is that mean: "3) Cut Track points are set to 10" ?

5. John vd Geest

You get an amount of penalty points for cutting the track, like 0.5 points per cut.
    You have a total of 10 points to spend before you have to do a penalty like a stop & go or a drive-through.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Well there were some moments going on. Did my job and filled the grid + finish.
    These cars are not my cup of tea.
    Got my car on its roof 2 times so thats a record for me :D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

Hm, looks like I was doing something wrong. This is max I've achieved Mini_MK1.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Kai Syvertsen

Kai Syvertsen Pro Driver

After training and time trials, I drop from the server to the desktop.
    Fortunately, I can get to the race after the warm-up.
    Can someone help?
    What could cause the falls?

9. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

This happened to me, also. But at first login to the server. rF2 crashed suddenly after I have entered the password.

10. That was a cracking race. The first 20 minutes went so quickly. Thoroughly enjoyed the close racing with @Rob Swindells. Apologies for the contact in Druids Rob, it caused me to lose a little momentum & gave you the gap you were looking for, after that I decided to just bring it home rather than risk going off pushing too hard and just focussed on maintain the gap to Kiril behind me in the last couple of laps. Overall there were some great overtakes from both parties which proved that such close racing can be accomplished with a little application of mutual respect.

Hope we can do it again at the next race, we’ll done on your deserved win:)

Last edited: Sep 29, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  11. John vd Geest

No-shows (keeping the entry list real)
    If a driver does not show up without unregistering for that event or letting us know that he can't make it on the event forum, he will be removed from the series.
    If he is no longer interested in the series, it's fine like it is.
    If he forgot about the event, he can sign up for the series again.
    (You don't have to unregister for the whole series. You can unregister only for the event you can't do.)

The following driver has been removed from the series:

Viktor Takács

12. Rob Swindells

Rob Swindells Pro Driver

No worries! That's Touring Car racing. It was a great battle, really enjoyed racing with you. Looking forward to Kicevo where I will undoubtedly end up in a cavernous North Macedonian ditch. :D

13. Neil Wood

Neil Wood Pro Driver Donator

Stream VOD

Just watched the broadcast, good job @Rob Milliken !

Back of the field again for me in Q, can never quite get a rhythm to push, maybe some draft would have helped but ran out of time to find anyone.

Knew this would be a hill start to made sure I gave it enough revs and counteracted the slope towards the pits. So many cars heading into paddock hill bend and we exited unscathed... surprisingly!! Again trying to stay out of trouble and find a rhythm in the early laps, up to 8th.

In first 5 laps I would gain places... not by passing moves but capitalising when others went off. Narrowly avoided a sideways mini when I came out of dingle dell... needed a change of underwear after that!! Then to my surprise I passed two cars on the back straight... one on it's roof?! So up to 5th and behind Phil Brown!

We had similar pace and I was struggling to keep in the draft. I dropped back to about 2 seconds gap. A lonely 20 mins or so followed and then suddenly, Phil seemed to be slowing! I was able to catch the vapours of draft and keep up.

2 laps to go and I was within 1 second and I knew there were limited places I could even make a pass. Last lap coming down Cooper straight and into Surtees I was as close as I had ever been. Lined up for a pass, got as close as I dared and pulled to the right! I held my breath and tried to keep the momentum on a line I had never been on before.

Rounding Sheene curve... my nemesis I carried too much speed and ran wide onto the magnetic grass. I tried desperately to not get sucked into the barriers and knew I would be very slow on the inside line to Stirling's killing all my momentum for Clearways. I knew Phil would be on the outside so I kept it as tight as possible and tried to exit the turn shallow. He turned in while I was alongside and I held my breathe that this didn't pitch the car sideways.

Pedalled as hard as I could down the straight and crossed the line 4th!! Chuffed with that!!

• Like Like x 5
  14. Rob Swindells

Rob Swindells Pro Driver

Hear! Hear! Great stream as always.

Well done!

• Like Like x 2
  15. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

"not sure how someone can be on their roof..on the straight" hehehe

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. Caitlin Penny

Caitlin Penny Pro Driver Media Group