rFactor 2 Round 3 Dijon Prenois

Discussion in 'The Honey Jar - F1 1979 Closed' started by John vd Geest, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

we are looking into it .. Tonight it built up from green & was better .. it was set with a default 'heavy rubber' that came with the track ,that does not seem to work at all .. lol ..it set to auto save now and should have saved our last session ..

• Like Like x 2
  2. Rob Milliken

Check it now ..

we should have rubber ....:)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Paulo Lima

Paulo Lima Pro Driver

Hi!
    I noticed a difference between offline and online practice.. now i know why ;)
    Server had less rubber and i made a setup for it.
    If we keep changing track conditions, it gets harder to make a good setup

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Rob Milliken is working on that. We just did a 2 hour session this morning and he save the rubber file to the server.
    The track does rubber in, but very slowely. And you need a lot of cars on track. That's
    The real road feature did not work on this track, that has been fixed now. The track will rubber in now like it should.

5. Yoeri Gijsen

Yoeri Gijsen Pro Driver

To be honest, conditions are supposed to change over time and any setup is supposed to deal with that to at least some extend. I like that rubber builds up here and there and that a rainy day can complete wipe all of that out, or that a warmer day can change the way a car feels. Those are the benefits of rFactor 2. I prefer that we adjust our setups to cope with conditions, rather than us changing conditions to cope with our setups.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Rob Milliken

Yes I agree as well ! however we had a broken file that shipped with this track that made real road fail .. now at least we wont be starting on Ice ! we have a medium base to build on now & rr is again working properly !

• Like Like x 1
  7. Paulo Lima

Paulo Lima Pro Driver

still, first setup is gone
    when you plan something is on the assumption things are stable, or are going to be this and that
    either way, lets have fun!! ahahah

8. Yoeri Gijsen

Yoeri Gijsen Pro Driver

I fully understand you, man! Good luck, tonight!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Things will never be stable in the Sim Racing World, because Developers are not perfect :)

• Like Like x 1