rFactor 2 Round 3 Dijon Prenois

Discussion in 'G.E.A.R. Multiclass Endurance S2 - S397 Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jan 21, 2019.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Dijon Prenois

The Dijon-Prenois circuit is a short roller coaster ride around the Burgundy countryside, once host to Formula One and World Sportscars but now primarily a domestic venue. While its best days may be behind it, it will always have the distinction of hosting one of the most thrilling F1 duels, when Gilles Villeneuve and Rene Arnoux engaged in a memorable battle in the closing stages of the 1979 race.

The circuit was the brainchild of former rugby-player and wrestler François Chambelland, who was keen to create a venue to make Dijon an automotive centre. Choosing land at Prenois, a wooded area to the west of the city, he began formulating his plans in 1967. Despite struggles with getting necessary funding, construction began in 1969 and was complete by 1972.

The battle between Arnoux and Villeneuve starts at 18:01

Modern days

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
  2. John vd Geest

• Like Like x 2
  3. Jerry Chen

Jerry Chen Pro Driver

This track reminds me of GTL. Basically doing a 4 wheel drift in my big ass Falcon through the entire track.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. John vd Geest

I remember that. I had the game too. But those tires were rock hard!

The good old days :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Oli Bateson

Oli Bateson Pro Driver Donator

There seem to be a few spare slots now so Ive signed up for the remainder of this series in the GTE. Cant decide on the Porsche or M8 yet.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Will be nice to see you on track Oli :)

I went with the Porsche, Raced the BMW in the last series, Beamer is a pretty good car to drive.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Oli Bateson

Oli Bateson Pro Driver Donator

Thanks Nigel, looking forward to it.. lots of names I recognise :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. John vd Geest

The times for events will stay the same as it was for round 1 & 2. I did this by moving the GMT times back 1 hour.
    Qual = 19.00 GMT
    Race = 19.30 GMT

Summertime - time zone change

As of March 31, summertime is in effect.
    That means that the clock in Britain has moved forward 1 hour from GMT and Central Europe has moved forward 2 hours from GMT.

Sim Racing Online will stay on the GMT time zone. GMT has not changed. This means that all members have to adjust their calculations for the starting time for all events.
    Of course, you will only have to do this once to know the difference in time.

BST = GMT + 1 hour
    CET = GMT + 2 hours

For example, if the race starts at 19:15 GMT, then that would be:
    19:15 GMT = 20:15 BST
    19:15 GMT = 21:15 CET

GMT vs BST converter:
    https://savvytime.com/converter/gmt-to-bst

GMT vs CET converter:
    https://savvytime.com/converter/gmt-to-cet

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
  9. John vd Geest

Including this round, all rounds will be broadcasted again by:
    Caitlin Penny & Mac Shepherd

• Like Like x 1
  10. Eric Cline

Eric Cline Pro Driver

keep getting package not available when trying to join server. I have track and cars any ideas?

11. Eric Cline

Eric Cline Pro Driver

I tried this track in single player 20 cars but the game is back to studdering in vr...I had zero problems last week in the dnf f1 race.I have a i56400 8gb ram and a 1660ti .is this track just hard on the cpu or I'm I missing something tried all kinds of settings in game and with and without ott.to lock at 45 fps but still had bad studdering. .

12. John vd Geest

There was a S397 GTE update over the weekend. Is your game updated?

13. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

server says package not available :/

edit: and yes have updated. was on server like monday evening or tuesday morning. Then you did something with it and now cant join.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
  14. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

I just joined server, having not joined before. No idea if my cars have updated.

Try deleting the rFmod so it downloads again when joining.

15. John vd Geest

you have to delete the old vmod server file. There has been a S397 GTE update meanwhile.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. John vd Geest

Is there still anyone who can't get on the server with a "package unavailable" message?
    If you havn't been on the server yet, please try to log in and let me know if you can't.

17. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Havent checked yet. Can test tomorrow morning.

18. Eric Cline

Eric Cline Pro Driver

where is the folder im supposed to delete? still getting package not available

Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
  19. Eric Cline

Eric Cline Pro Driver

I removed all gte lmp 2 and 3 cars from vehicles folder started game and it redownloaded cars again but still get the package not available. what im I missing this is driving me crazy.

20. Barrett Erickson

Barrett Erickson Pro Driver

The S397 cars don't always update properly. I've had this problem several times now. Someone really needs to fix that.

Check the version number for the BMW M8 2018. It needs to be v 1.51. If it's not, you need to force the update by unsubscribing from the "Content" area of steam, then restarting rFactor 2 will force the update.

Manually removing them from the vehicles folder doesn't do it - for some damn reason steam will download and install the old version again.