rFactor 2 Round 3 Dijon Prenois

Discussion in 'G.E.A.R. Multiclass Endurance S2 - S397 Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jan 21, 2019.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Broadcast link:

• Like Like x 1
  2. John vd Geest

The race starts at:
    19:00 GMT Qual
    19:30 GMT Race

3. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Going to pull out John rookie mistake been doing a little bit of practice in the wrong Porsche :mad:

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Henri Miettinen

Henri Miettinen Pro Driver

Sorry guys, because I couldn't get to the race. I had too many problems. I reinstalled windows today, because I had performance issues. When I fixed that, there was always a new problem. Pedal calibration issue, Simucube setting issue and just before the race, wheel rim usb connect lost. So I couldn't change gears. When you get a connection to rim again, you need to restart the game to get it to work. And then it was too late, the race had already started. Hopefully I will get all of the issues fixed before the next race.

5. Eric Cline

Eric Cline Pro Driver

not sure what happened as I was 2 to 3 seconds slower a lap than everyone..i at least was in the 1.15 range last night.. sorry for the moving speed bump maybe just sit out the rest until I can at least some what keep up..that was so embarrassing ..

6. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

Well done to the 3-4 GTE drivers who passed me sweetly :cool:
    Nice race long race with Jerry :D
    Close finish with Jens :p

Now the LMP - Wow, some of them were brutal.:eek:

And the dude in the red LMP2 (I'm sure we all know him as we cra**ed ourselves every time he was in our mirrors not having a clue what he would do next), not sure which track he was driving but it certainly wasn't Dijon :confused:

• Like Like x 5
  7. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

huh, what a race!

had some issues with traffic, not gte, where guys just bomb in and i have to avoid while i brake into corner or get hit.
    other than that fantastic race and close one up till the end.

1st stint was better for me, pace was better. but that one spin cost me my chance of win, John took it with a style.
    2nd stint probably pushed too hard and the undercut didnt pay off.
    had to fight of Eric aswell for the 2nd spot in the end...damn i need a shower!

cu at next one!

8. John vd Geest

Dude !!! I was shocked when you passed me so easy on the straight on lap 1. That was some mystical sh*t man LOL!

9. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

i was "lowish" on downforce ;D
    apparenty i did it before start/finish too! :D

10. John vd Geest

Not an issue. The race started at the last corner. It's cloves off from there.

11. Pablo Finotti

Pablo Finotti Pro Driver

On this one I went all in, win or disaster... After all, 1 pit strategy was the "wrong-est" one.

Q: OK, but was I expecting 2 or 3 tenths faster.

R: From the beginning I was committed to the 1 pit stop strategy, which meant I could use no more than 1.95 liter of fuel per lap. Because of that I was lifting and coasting pretty aggressively, and sometimes even using the safety car fuel mix. Many times I opted to be extremely conservative on lapping other classes just to save a bit more of fuel, as I had a decent mid 1:07 pace. As the cars got scattered around the track, I started losing ground to the leaders, at a rate of 2s/lap, and there was nothing I could do about it, because, even on an more aggressive boost, I would still be half second slower, so I decided to stick with the strategy.
    After pitting, changed to hard tyres and just managed the race to get to the end safely, because I knew Roberto would pit again.

Anyway, thank you all for the good race, especially my GEAR teammates.

PS1: Sorry about that contact, yellow BMW, Roos, I guess.
    PS2: Track limits, anyone? It was preposterous what happened today, both Q and R, what I saw live, from my car, and what the stream showed. I watched WEC races where much less than some actions made today resulted in 1 minute stop-and-go. Now it's up to the stewards.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Michał Mazurek

Michał Mazurek Pro Driver

Qualifications: on the last lap managed to make a decent time: P2
    Race? As usual; spin for a good start, I land at the end of the stake and I try to make up for losses, a bit of fighting in the meantime, then a pitstop, undercut and return to P2
    This is how I finish the race, my race 10 minutes before the end: CL
    Congratulations to the winners

• Like Like x 1
  13. Kahel Grahf

Kahel Grahf Pro Driver

Horrible race form Borgas. If he doesn't get a penalty for that kind of performance, that's hopeless.
    Buksha deserve the win easy, but you can't win against someone that has 5% shorter track, and bullying is way through traffic.
    Damn man...

Beside that's... really enjoyable race overall. Good race guys.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. John vd Geest

LMP2 driver André Borges is under review for multiple track violations.

15. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Qualy : PB P5.
    Race: Total unmitigated disaster. Very nearly pressed the Escape button waiting in the pits for 100 seconds for repairs. 2 laps down no chance of catching. Dull boring race.

Well dome to the winners :) Blah! Blah! Blah!

16. This was my first ever multiclass race, so I was not ready for traffic and I mess up. For that I am sorry. You can delete my name from the race or ban me from the site, but i believe dmitri lost the race because my fuel strategy was better. When in open road, no traffic, he never overtook me..because its a hard track for that and straight speed was the same.
    Thank you for the race
    C u

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2019
  17. John vd Geest

You are still under review, but banning you from the site is a bit extreme, if found guilty :).
    We want you to be happy here, but we also want you to respect the rules on track.

18. Well, believe it or not i thought slower classes had to let faster ones overtake, not only same class when being overlapped. I just found out when watching the video. I should had not watch because i felt like a cheater and was in fact treated like one. Made me sad, when its only a game.
    Dont want to win like this, so please just delete my entry on the race.
    Obrigado

19. Oli Bateson

Oli Bateson Pro Driver Donator

First race at SRO and a fun one :)

Qualy - couldn't find my practice pace but was happy enough with the time
    Race - good fun following the GTE train in the first part of the race, although I was never quite quick enough on race pace to challenge ahead. I had some issues when being lapped by LMP's which dropped me back behind the pack, so I was mostly racing on my own after that. Happy with the finish position though and looking forward to the next round.

Grats podiums!

• Like Like x 1
  20. John vd Geest

LOL ... Paul is utterly disgusted!!
    I can relate Paul. For the rF2 Mclaren M23 Longford race I practised my ass off. Did quite a few laps. Then at the start it was all over in 10 seconds for me. And I took out half the field.
    One time you're up, next time you're down. Sim Racing dude !!! :D