Automobilista 2 Round 3 Donington GP - Sat Oct 15, 2022

Discussion in 'AMS2 GT3 Championship' started by John vd Geest, Aug 25, 2022.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2022
  2. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Race day PW set on the champ page
    The server will restart at 18:00 GMT!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

First race on AM2. Question as I looked over and over throughout the game. Is there a way to add or subtract fuel before making a pitstop kind of like in RF2?

Anything I should know if I pit? I actually feel like I don't know what I'm doing haha.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Matthias Ehrenreich

Matthias Ehrenreich Pro Driver

yes, you can , cycle through the options with your Pit Menu up/down buttons. If you want to change an option like fuel fillup or tire compound, use Pit Menu increase/decrease buttons on that option.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

On the In-Car Management menu within the car, you need to select the "next page" option to see the Fuel setting which you can then adjust as Matthias has said.

6. Rob Milliken

With the race being 45 min you should be able to make it without refueling ;). Depending on your wheel the pit menus / In-Car management might need to be mapped.
    an example would be on the logi 923 they default to the thumb pad & which makes it easy :rolleyes:..
    Automobilista 2 Screenshot 2022.10.15 - 10.35.46.66.jpg

Don't forget it's "real weather" set for today Oct 15th...

7. Rob Milliken

Also remember if your new to AMS2 the pit limiter is off when you are leaving pit lane! You need to turn it on manually! Don't get caught speeding !!:D
    Server is UP! If you dont see it refresh, refresh, refresh

8. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

So sorry for signing out again @Rob Milliken

I’m just not getting home from work in time at the moment. Hope you all have a great race.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Johnny Gutierrez

Thanks guys! You guys are awesome.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

11. Michael LaBelle

Michael LaBelle Pro Driver

I don't know why but my seat or the POV moves back and forth under accelerating and braking. Forward so I can't see the instruments to a meter back into the rear of the car. Crazy.
    It was too distracting to drive. ??? Oh well

I set all the setting under movement to 0 but still it moves around?

12. Rob Milliken

So strange , maybe some mapping issues? Check the seat movement keys & gas & break peddle inputs? Werd .,,,,

13. Johnny Gutierrez

Maybe you have to set the sesitivity to 0? I don't know Michael. I'm new as well. I feel so strange not knowing nothing, even when I practiced. Then, race day, all my views had changed. I was like, yeah, this isn't good. Race over. Got to go run to get this off my chest. Thanks for the help guys. Next time will be better. :oops::(:)

Edit: There's a Porsche I tapped and then someone tapped me. Sorry to the driver. My sincere apologies for screwing up your race. :(

• Like Like x 2
  14. Roman Granatovich

Roman Granatovich Pro Driver

thanks for the race. this was my first race in the AMS2, a lot more to learn. see you on the next track!

• Like Like x 4
  15. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

I can only imagine @Johnny Gutierrez surprise when, suddenly, he saw team FKR having a cup of tea in the middle of the track.
    Sorry, Johnny, it was something very important and we can't wait until the end of the race ;)
    upload_2022-10-15_23-18-44.png
    It was an eventful race for me. Also, pretty intense one, chasing and fighting @Matthias Ehrenreich for half of the time. Nice race, mate. I hope wasn't my fault your grass exit. I will watch the replay, but I'm sure we didn't touch there.
    Well, maybe I was a little to aggressive. I apologize for this.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Good racing buddy!

• Like Like x 3
  17. Rob Milliken

Good job everyone! & grats to Toni for the win and nice podiums for Roman & Kai!
    The net code seemed pretty good & proved to be useable compared to last year:D Very exciting race!
    So sorry to FKR teammates Johnny Gutierrez & Flaviu Bozga :eek: I took my whole team out LOL

Me Flav & Johnny heading onto wheatcroft..
    Automobilista 2 Screenshot 2022.10.15 - 13.34.46.79.jpg

Me taking them out after Redgate:eek:o_O
    Automobilista 2 Screenshot 2022.10.15 - 13.32.09.100.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Mike Bennett

Mike Bennett Pro Driver

Thanks for the race everyone and especially to Rob (I assume) who sorted out an error I had when joining the community at very late notice for today's race. It was really fun!

I chose not to qually as I haven't really driven these cars very much and that was some time ago...also I was scared of burning my clutch out as I have read is easy to do...I think I did just that the first time I exited the garage lol!
    Anyway, safer for everyone that way. Low and behold I'm P4 after turn 1 and had a fun few laps with Matthias. I think I gave you a little rub at the corner before the chicane (sorry about that)...going through the chicane side by side with you was a highlight...was sorry to see you get some wheelspin or we might have been side by side for a few more corners :)
    After that I was mostly by myself but with Kai chasing me and not letting me relax while at the same time getting to terms with this car and how the tires behave. Later, fuel started to be a concern to the point I was having to lift and coast which totally messes up my timing and led to a couple of costly spins though I probably wouldn't have held on to that final podium spot even without them. Sorry if I spooked anybody at the bottom of the Craners.

Congrats to the podium!
    ss162747.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  19. Rob Milliken

Nice job Mike! Great to have you with us! hopefully, the grids will grow now that the net code has settled down some! & more improvements are on the way from Reiza~!~:)

• Agree Agree x 1