rFactor 2 Round 3 Estoril GP

Discussion in 'ACD USF2000 Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Jul 7, 2019.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

2. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

I'll be away for this first race of the series, so if an SRO Admin is not in the race, please make sure to start Qualifying on time by using the Voting System in rFactor.

Have Fun! :)

3. Martyn McClune

Martyn McClune Pro Driver

I just cannot compete with the times in this and other race series. I practice all week but just cannot find what is fundamentally wrong with my racing. People join and I cannot even keep up with them on their out lap. I am going to, with the greatest respect, withdraw from this championship.
    Thanks for the races though:)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

dont give up on it martyn. you did some pretty racing. its all about the setup and training! keep on digging!!!

5. Henri Miettinen

Henri Miettinen Pro Driver

Next time put a video of your lap, so I can help you find more pace. :) You can ask for help in any race.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver Donator

It is also track dependent, Estoril did not suit me other than Zolder or Donnington. That could change also.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

How is withdrawing going to help you? If you want my setups all you have to do is ask. The main thing that helped me drive faster was and this sounds crazy but I slowed down. Braking a little earlier into a corner meant I was able to keep the car under control and this meant less sliding through the corner. The old adage 'Slow In, Fast Out". T was like you a few years back. Bringing up the back of the field and many seconds behind the front runners. It took me over 150 races to win at R2P. Giving up will never achieve what you want. I will help if I can all you have to do is ask. Hope this is of help and please come back to the series. These cars are great to train with as they are very forgiving. Hope to see you at the next event. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Q1
    Did a PB to get 4th or was it 5th. Very close qualification. :)

Race 1
    Again I couldn't get off the line. Think I'm hitting the rev limiter and trying to go when the revs dip. Got alongside the car in front into T1 but locked my brakes up and only just got around the corner. Now in P4 I was behind Roel and spent a few laps glued to his rear spoiler. I got passed with a good run out of the hairpin. I took the inside and squeezed past him but ran out wide through the right hander and hit the wall. No real damage done and I was able to pull away. Thought I may have a chance of P2 when Andrew started smoking (filthy habit) but he remained tantalisingly out of reach so P3 was all I was going to get. Well done Henry :) Did you forget this was a 2 race meeting or do you hate these cars that much.

Q2
    Really struggled to get a decent lap time. But it seems that others also had the same problem as I got P2 with a time half a second off my Q1 pace. :)

Race 2
    Woo Hoo :). Finally I got off the line and kept P2 going into T1. Only took 6 attempts. Just have to work out how I did that. The race was fairly dull as I pulled away from P3 but couldn't keep up with Andrew. That was that P2 all the way. Well done Andrew :)

Think this was mentioned in the chat but 22 drivers registered and we get only 10 that's not great. Ken should consider removing all points from anyone who was a no show like John Van Der Geest (sorry if incorrectly spelt) does.

This is a great series and I love the short double race meetings. I thought the qualy was only supposed to be 5 minutes long which again is a format I like. Combined with the no escape rule it really means you need to concentrate on doing a good lap and can throw up the odd result.

See all of you at the next round :)

• Like Like x 2
  9. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

Race 1, started on pole, but Henry left the line like a rocket (I've asked scrutineering to check his car for traction control :D ).
    Was able to follow him comfortably, probably with the help of his slipstream, but at half distance I started smoking so dropped back with short shifting etc just hoping to get to the finish. P2, happy with that.

Race 2, pole again
    (scrutineers must have disallowed Henry's car back on the grid after indeed finding traction control systems on his car :p).
    Kept the lead into T1, and pulled a gap while Paul fought with the car behind for a lap or 2.
    After that, noticed I was faster in first sector, but he'd take back time in the 3rd sector (maybe cause I was trying to save from left tyre in final corner o_O )
    Finished with the win :D

Regarding no shows, mentioned about about removing the championship points, should do that from all championships they are in if repeat offenders. So, be a no show for the usf2000 several times, then you lose your points in the GT3 championship (and all others) that you are leading, that will teach them (not aimed at anybody in particular).

Have to up my game next round now that Paul has worked out how to get off the line:p:p

• Like Like x 1
  10. Martyn McClune

Martyn McClune Pro Driver

Hi
    Sorry do not want to encroach on this thread , you guys are right but I have been puting in the effort researching everything and trying to put into practice. I use motec to look at my driving and how the car behaves. Using the same as guidance for car setups with varying success. I have done lots of sim racing in the past and was never so far off the pace. I have a good technical brain and still cannot figure out why I am so slow. Thanks for the offer of support with setups and the like ,
    I think I just got hung up with the nagging doubt that something is wrong with my wheel pedals although it is a fairly new G29
    I regret not participating this week but honestly was getting frustrated trying different setup approaches.
    Sorry for dropping out and you are absolutely correct in saying there is nothing to gain by giving up
    Re registered :)

• Like Like x 4