Round 3 Horsma Raceway Trophy

Discussion in 'GPL Mclaren M2B Challenge Closed' started by John vd Geest, Sep 23, 2019.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Luckily you are used to driving side-ways :eek::p

• Like Like x 1
  2. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

I assume your computer is connected to your modem/router by cable ? Do you have any additional firewall software running on your computer ? Other than that I would let your ISP check your connection. I had the same issue some months ago. In my case my modem was getting old and had frequent disconnects. I had about 50 small disconnections per day then. They replaced the modem and that fixed it. Hope you get it sorted soon, would be sad not to race you because of this !

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Tim loves it sideways so much he's even setup his monitor to view it from the side as if he's in a constant 4 wheel drift ;)
    (Sorry that sentence start sounds a bit rude :))

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

I race in VR Paul - Normally the monitor is turned off during races as I can't see it anyway :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Qualification
    Put in a good lap for 4th on the grid.
    Well done Jukka :)

Race
    Got a good start to keep 4th. When Tim went wide just before the chicane I got 3rd. Kept this until I locked up into the hairpin. Think I slipped back to 5th. A few laps later another lock up at the end of the straight before the left handers to the chicane. I hit the wall but luckily I had little in the way of damage. Got back on track in 7th. Then I came across the turmoil that was happening in the lead group. Now then this is how I saw it. Louis Defor had a tank slapper ahead of me and went off the track. He then came back on the track right in front of me as I was approaching. This was the section after the chicane to the hairpin. I caught him at the very fast right hander the one with the red kerb. I drifted into him and just tagged his back wheel. I'm very sorry Louis but from my point of view it was at best a racing incident. How did you see it, Louis? From there I was behind Phil and just couldn't close in. Phew! that was one of the most intense races I've had for a long time. The concentration required to keep these cars on track is immense. I was a sweaty mess after this one and my hands and shoulders are bloody painful. Great fun though. 5th here was a good result but I can't help thinking what it could have been :)

Well done Jukka :)
    Well done to all that finished :) and commiserations to those that didn't :(

Horsma wasn't a track I'd heard of. I think it's the best fictional track I've driven on. Very well thought out and lovely details. Love all the bumps as well. Made these cars very twitchy. On to a another great track Rouen :)

Great video and commentary from Caitlin :)

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Caitlin Penny

Caitlin Penny Pro Driver Media Group

Great race, guys! Very enjoyable!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Christian Dauger

Christian Dauger Pro Driver

[QUOTE = "Tim Muttram, message: 29743, membre: 1666"]
    Bravo à tous les finisseurs et bienvenue à Christian, j'espère que vous resterez pour plus de détails :)[/ QUOTE]

Thank you for your welcome, I thought I was back to the time of the discovery of GPL ... :confused:
    My first race with this mod! Tired and the circuit does not help !!
    I hope I did not bother anyone.
    Unfortunately I have to earn 2 or 3 seconds to be in the game! Without that, less fun! :confused:
    Let's see the next ... ;)

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
  8. Fabrizio Ferrante

Fabrizio Ferrante Pro Driver

Thank you mate for the tips. In reality it doesn't seem to me to have small disconnections during the day. Never had any problems with other games or with AC, racing on other servers. It seems like something related only to this server. I have no idea why.
    When you had your small disconnections, were you aware of this, or were they so short that they could not be perceived?
    In any case I will also try to change the router.
    I am quite disheartened that I cannot complete the races after much training. My standings and stats have collapsed too.

9. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

Hmm, so you can do 45 minute races on other servers ? Would be strange if it is only the SRO server and you are the only one having issues. I must say that during the race my framerate drops quite a bit at times. Not sure if it is caused by server response times or my pc can't keep up.

I certainly had frequent internet disconnections in the end which took minutes to reconnect. But when the technician came and he said I had like 50 per day, that was much more than the disconnections I noticed. Also try to find some sort of ping test on the internet which runs for a long time..

• Like Like x 1
  10. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Most of the members in this series are seasoned drivers with this mod and have already done 2 seasons with it. Some even have experience with the original GPL game. In other words, they know this mod very well and have a headstart on you as a first timer. So it's logical that they are fast with it :).

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Jukka Drugg

Jukka Drugg Pro Driver

That was very intense race :) Louis was really close all the time after the start but I knew it is hard to pass here. We managed to pull 8s gap to Laurent and Tim and everything looked great up to 25min. Then there was contact on T1 with Louis (hope we will have contact free races in future) and I span and Laurent was able to pass me and Tim was right on my tail. Made little error little later and then I was 3rd. Got lucky when Laurent and Tim both went off and got 1st back. Thanks for congrats and congrats to Tim and Laurent for podium and everyone for finishing, and for all the good and close racing. And thanks to Caitlin for great broadcast as usual. And special thanks to Henri whom helped me with setup since I suck on setting up the car (thou I can see some improvement there but Henri´s help helped a lot)

Caitlin, I have not raced GPL, only raced online with modern sims too. Can't remember exact year (maybe Bill remember when I joined Raceconnect on kart series?) when I started but rFactor2 was my first sim so could not be before 2013. I have driven offline years earlier on Jeff Crammonds GP1 and GP2 and Collin McRae rally but not that much. Ranking was question I have forgot to ask. I disappear from rankings entirely for awhile. Was on top and then nowhere. Is there some minimum requirement you need to be racing to keep on rankings or why did I disappear?

Fabri, sad to hear you have problems with connection and even more sad if we will not see you racing since it has been nice to race with you.

John, I think there would have been lots of dissapointed digital Finns on side of the track if I had not win :D We have raced once here with HDR and I fell in love with this track immediately. It´s like little nordsleife. One of the best experiences yet with motion simulator too, feels really natural.

Laurent, exellent racing with that little preparation time.

Tim, I hope you will get your wheel fixed so that does not effect your races. Proud that I could beat you since you are one of the fastest drivers I know but wheel problems throw shadow over my victory that could I have done it without your problems.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Louis Defor

Louis Defor Pro Driver

Excellent race for me, my best driving since my p2 at the Deutschlandring, up until my contact with Jukka D:

My lack of experience and narrow screen (and optimistic right foot) lead to quite poor judgement of distance, especially to objects diagonally in front of me. The contact was entirely my fault I think.
    I'm glad to see it didn't affect your finishing position Jukka! Indeed in the future I hope I can keep my concentration going for 45 mins as up until then the racing was second to none for me.

Sad to see you go @Fabrizio Ferrante , I hope you cat get your connection fixed for more racing soon.

@Tim Muttram , we all thank your wheel for giving us a chance :)

@Paul Anstey , it really was a racing incident. After clipping Jukka my concentration plummeted and I could hardly keep the car on track (as you unfortunately saw first-hand). Most definitely not your fault in any case.

The track was excellent, very detailed road surface and many tough spots to get right, like turns 3-4, or the chicane in the back part.
    As usual, congratulations to Jukka, Tim, and Laurent on the podium, and in general all finishers.
    I really am lucky as a novice sim racer to have found such a skilled and friendly team to race with!

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1