Assetto Corsa Comp Round 3 Hungaroring

Discussion in '2017 Porsche 911 GT3 Cup Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Oct 3, 2021.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Last edited: Nov 21, 2021
  2. Mark Ekins

Mark Ekins Pro Driver

Not sure about turning up.. My boiler has died, the house is freezing.....

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Rob Milliken

Oh Man .. Hope you get it sorted soon! Try & stay warm & we will see you if you make it!

4. Rob Milliken

5. Simon Gymer

Simon Gymer Pro Driver

Racing makes me sweaty, I like a cold room for these races. My gaming PC generates more heat than my boiiler I think!
    I'm sure the racing will keep you warm. If you really get into it with racing gloves, helmet, overalls etc, it'll be fine. :-D

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Mark Ekins

Mark Ekins Pro Driver

Yeah it does, the room can get quite hot!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

Sounds like turning up is exactly what you need then! :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Sanio Alfa

Sanio Alfa Pro Driver

where is server???!

9. Mark Ekins

Mark Ekins Pro Driver

ACC doesnt show passworded servers by default. But if you search for it, it will show up. in the search box search for 'simracingonline'

10. Simone Meazza

Simone Meazza Pro Driver

Fantastic race, I start well, I take advantage of the excellent qualification and the P1; the pace that Gavino and I keep for the first laps is impressive, in some laps we even set the same time. But in the middle of the race some lapped, distracted me and I started making some mistakes, and finally I exaggerated and ruined my race and that of a lapped

I apologize to Stephen Wenham, I tried to show me but obviously he didn't notice me, and instead of waiting for the finish line I tried to overtake him at an absurd point, ending up throwing him and letting Gavino pass, I learned another lesson last night.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Vasilis Doumanas

Vasilis Doumanas Pro Driver

Ok after my 3rd race with this car, i realized that i cant drive it.. Honestly i cant..
    I dont know if the problem is my setup or my driving it self, but this car is getting so unpredictable after a while...
    Yesterday, after about 10 minutes or so, my rears went very tricky, i was sliding all around specially when i lifted off the gas.
    The funny thing was that the pressures were good (about 27,4 - 27,6 at all four tires) AND never went yellow, i mean i was very careful at my driving thats why i lost a couple of places at start..
    As i said after 10 minutes the car became very unstable, very unpredictable and very hard to drive (for me at least) and i started doing mistakes and getting off the track.
    It is suppose to be fun, but really i got very frustrated and finally i hit a wall and abandoned the race.

I believe that i am not such a bad driver - ok i know that i need a lot of work to improve myself - but i am not useless..
    As i said, it supposed to have fun racing with all you, but with this one car i dont have any fun, just a frustration and nothing more.. I WILL NEVER DRIVE IT AGAIN.- :confused::p

Big congrats to winner, podium finishers and of course to all guys who raced and to Rob for setting this up.
    I dont know if i will be on the next one, but until then take care all!! :)

12. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

I need to fire my mechanic - Having finally got a setup that at least drove well by the end of qualifying the dozy idiot forgot to remove all my brake blanking ready for the race.
    I'd actually progressed forward a bit and was starting to hassle Simon when my red hot rears finally gave up on lap 5 and put me HARD into the wall.

I can't thank Thrustmaster enough for putting the hat on my actual wheel - the only time you actually need to touch the thing is for unplanned pit stops, and it's almost impossible to use when having to steer 70 degrees right in order to drive straight! :mad:

I've never been good at the Hungaroring as I can't say I've ever enjoyed it much - so when I finally exited the pits the 2nd time I just hung in there in an effort to learn the track. Having fixed the brake blanking during my 2nd stop I actually ended up with a setup that was quite enjoyable, so I was pleased to somehow make back 2 places from my position 3 laps down!

13. Sanio Alfa

Sanio Alfa Pro Driver

I was a few seconds late to the server, I arrived home too late. too bad. see Italian guys had my rhythm of speed.

don't get upset about it. these cup cars do not use tc, so it is normal that after ten minutes the show starts with instability. to fix this use the brake balance forward during the race, and move forward a little each time. if you need each lap one click.
    geometry of the wheels themselves must not be very sharp, aggressive. the camber must be mild or as low as possible, especially on the front wheels. so you can pass through the kerbs more easily. and yes, Porsche cars don't like to be lowered too much, they like a higher chassis height.

• Informative Informative x 2
  14. Mark Ekins

Mark Ekins Pro Driver

Just never got enough laps before to understand the cars behavior beyond 15mins + . Rears were a bit over pressure and just slid a bit too much. Even the change of direction in the chicane fired me towards the barriers.

First 10mins were great, Tim behind, Simon holding me up... sigh

15. Vasilis Doumanas

Vasilis Doumanas Pro Driver

Thank you so much Sanio for the info, i will try it for sure and for some reason i believe with the new update the car will be more driveable :)