Assetto Corsa Comp Round 3 Hungaroring

Discussion in 'ACC Tuesday Night Racing Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

keep messing things up on acc...lost my setup but had 1 left that was not the ready one but work in process..nevertheless good race. should have finished 4th since i did punt Andrew...:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

More a side swipe :p
    I wasn't really watching, just assuming you were far enough back, then I went to turn in and spotted you beside me, so turned back out and cut the corner.
    It annoys me when people cut corners to keep a position, so I gave you the position.
    I didn't realise you'd missed your braking point and were divebombing me :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

yeah, art of it...make opponent feel quilty!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Thanks for the race today Gents ! had some great battles & actually finished on the lead lap !~ Heavy work schedule as of late has limited my practice time over the last few months & I have been showing up & racing with basically zero practice .. But this week I had a chance to run a few practice races & my pace was much better !:) just goes to show how important practice actually is in this sport ..
    I see the morning start time caught a few of you off guard , Its stated on the 1st post the start time is 8 am .. ! need to stay on your toes when I'm setting these up ! , & the practice session had P1 starting at 7am with x4time excel so drivers could train & set pressures temps .. (practice on the race server :rolleyes:) With some practice & a few adjustments I was at a stable 27.5 psi average all around ..

As for the start procedure , Ok I'm willing to give it a try however we raced for decades without this and used what rf2 had that put the driver in control period ..I hate the arcade style start where were all ghosted using that green marker that's sometimes puts you inside the car in front etc .. its built for what ? players that cant stay in a freking line ? are we that out of control ? never had issues outside of ACC with full control style .. But that's just me & i'm old school ! lol So I'm willing to give it A try just for you Andrew :D So next Tuesday's & maybe even Saturdays event , if you guys want , we will try the what ever its called start using the green guide line ! There ! ..( I call it arcade start .. !! :p:D:rolleyes: lol)

The start :
    Assetto Corsa Competizione Screenshot 2020.07.29 - 00.14.05.96.jpg
    Assetto Corsa Competizione Screenshot 2020.07.29 - 00.18.54.06.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Andrew Williams

Your start photo says it all.
    I should be on the rear bumper of Roberto, not 3-4 car lengths behind.

As for never an issue, don't you recall John overtaking half the field at Nurburgring using this start system?
    Or John posting in another thread where they were all meant to do the formation lap on the limiter and go at the start line, but half the field didn't bother following those instructions.

Stick with what you prefer as you are the admin, but in future I'll just set off when I feel like it rather than waiting for the green light :p

Just to point out, every single other place I have raced ACC (and there has been quite a few) have all used the 'arcade' start type. If you get a DT, then it is your own fault for not following the widget :cool:

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. I agree, the game version is better IMO and less prone to abuse.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Rob Milliken

Yes Don't get me wrong I see the point , I just had faith that drivers would show more integrity and be able to do what the real drivers do ..
    like I said I'm not only old ,but I'm old school ! :D .... & Yes john did this in ACC .. like I said above .. & Johns rf2 event was a miss communication in a multi class race where he had asked for it to be done differently in the forums then the normal manual form lap we always use and not everyone read it :eek:..
    Anyway next race will use it ..;)

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Andrew Williams

If everybody on the grid ends up with a DT penalty - I'm going into hiding :p

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Rob Milliken

Hahaha , don't worry I will take the heat if there is any :p I'm more concerned about Saturdays Monza Turn 1 in 2 weeks .. ( formation lap with position control and UI is now set for that race as well) this hopefully will not result in 3 wide into the hairpin LOL:D

10. Andrew Williams

Hey Rob, can you confirm if 'short formation' is still activated with the 'position control', or if we are doing a full formation lap. (Happy with short formation).

11. Rob Milliken

Yes ! short form still active !

• Like Like x 1
  12. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

At Monza you should use a manual formation with no passing allowed until past that first chicane. No matter what you ask there will nearly always be someone causing carnage there otherwise.