Round 3 Kyalami 76

Discussion in 'The DNF Series – Mclaren M23 Closed' started by John vd Geest, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Eric Cline

Eric Cline Pro Driver

What are you guys using to make these paints? They all look great. I hope to make race tomorrow if I can finish up this transmission job. This track is great..had a lot of fun with the late 80s early 90s cars on assetto with it

• Like Like x 1
  2. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

I use photos hop.

Does anyone know why a skin shows up when offline but doesn't show on the server. They can be seen by the driver but other people cannot see them. So it doesn't seem to get distributed to other uses. The download custom skins option has been enabled.
    Any help appreciated

3. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Hmmm I don't know enough to really help, I can only say what I did & know .. this is 2 ways of getting your skins in game , I got a skin from norm and its now " in game "and john was able to see it so I assume its working , its a single DDS file placed in a folder I created using the TUNING area from the game when in MP , I did this by simply picking a default team & car Fitapaldy I think then I hit the TUNING tab to take me into the upgrades , once there I first hit the "create directory" button , this creates & places the team car folder in player/settings/M23/ where I can now add the skin DDS file , Now to use it in game I again join the SRO F1 server and again pick the Fitapaldy car if its not still picked by default , now again go to the TUNING page you can now scroll to the next skin in the menu and your new skin will be there ..

The second way is to follow the steps above but now after clicking the "create directory" you go one step further and click the "create new from existing" in here you can create a team name & driver name , This is what I did , then when you go to rf2/userdata/player/settings/M23/ you will see a folder with the team name you gave it ,for mine I simply left it default and added sro to the end you can see it in the pic , so the skin DDS now goes in this new team/car folder , I don't have to pick the Fitapaldy car and scroll to the skin ,instead I simply click on my new team folder in the list and my cars loaded up !
    hope these pics help , the menu is pretty self explanatory ! good luck I hope we can see them in game ! if the DDS file is wrong check with norm and see how he saved his skins !
    skin pic 1.jpg skin pic 2.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

The 1st option I has been tried. I shall try the 2nd option as this sounds better way of adding the skin. Cheers Rob

• Like Like x 1
  5. Martyn McClune

Martyn McClune Pro Driver

Do the skins not have to be installed on the server so that they show up:)

6. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

They should get uploaded if you have the share skins option enabled which we have done. So this look like an RF2 bug

• Like Like x 1
  7. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

It turned out to be the filenames that were too long so all sorted now.
    There is still the orange skin available if someone wants to use it.

8. Eric Cline

Eric Cline Pro Driver

IL race it...if no one else wants it..will it show up in car selection menu? Which name is it under?

9. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

OK if you give me the number you want i'll stick it on the car and then i'll send you the .dds file

10. Eric Cline

Eric Cline Pro Driver

Number 14 is cool thanks

11. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

12. Eric Cline

Eric Cline Pro Driver

Game kept freezing on track..finally crashed ..I'm just going to drop this series.
    Wasn't close to anyone's times anyway..good luck

13. Matheus Marçal

Matheus Marçal Pro Driver Broadcaster Media Group

Race replay fellas! Had an issue here with the files and missed the start, hope you guys understand that.

• Like Like x 2
  14. John vd Geest

Yeah, it's all good ;)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. Bill Grewcock

Bill Grewcock Pro Driver

I had a good start and got ahead of Paul Anstey although I had to squeeze between him and the pit wall and grazed along the wall for a few yards. Spent the first few laps in a great battle with Matteo ahead and Paul behind until Paul drafted past. I then had a half-spin trying to undercut Paul and dropped several places while waiting for a clear track to rejoin. This spin gave me a flat spot which rattled my wheel until the end of the race. Caught up to Eric and managed to pass but that was the end of my progress and ended up in P8. An enjoyable race though and superb coverage of events throughout the field in the broadcast by Mac and Matheus.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

Rough one, I struggled a lot in practice with the car, set up and the track. But suddenly in the quali session it came bacl to me. I was behind Paul who gave me a little tow and the result was a 1:10.4, good enough for sixth. Then I had good start and could pass two cars, but then...

After that what happend to me in Longford, why always me and why always John :p
    But have a look at the start

It was a race incident, but after two from two it seems I should keep a safety gap to John. (Matteo could clearly not avoid me) If you watch the whole video, you can see that John and I met again. I was under huge pressure from Jonny, with a ridicolous amount of vibrations. The car was rellay hard to drive and the the leaders came along to put me a lap down. Jonny lost only a little amount of time to let them by, so I had to do the same. I hope that was ok for you guys, if not sorry. Especially for that little nudge John, but there are better occasions to show me how good you can drift lol

In the end I was fortunate because Jonny made a little error and could not capitalize on that. His terminal enigne failure at the last lap was heart breaking though. The result could have been better but I think I have to take that.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 6
  17. John vd Geest

After qualifying second, I decided to go experi(mental) and do a 1 stopper with 2 x soft tires. And it might have worked too to get the win like that because the pace was there. But I made a stupid mistake in T1 at the start and got passed by 4 cars, who I had to overtake again before overtaking Toni for P1 and put the plan into action. Lost too much time doing that. Don't know if I would have won, but I would have been very close to Toni without that time lost. We'll never know LOL! But it was great fun trying to see if it would work.
    Third place in the end was still a good result, so I'm happy.

See you all at Bremgarten 54. A crazy fast track with "The graveyard jump" in sector 1. It's going to be an adventure. I love that track.

• Like Like x 3
  18. John vd Geest

Maybe we are the same star sign? :D Not to worry. The touch you gave me in T1 at the start was my fault for running wide. I basically got in your way.
    The second incident we had at the end can happen. No problem. We survived.
    Nice video, well done. Was fun watching.

• Like Like x 2
  19. John vd Geest

I will ask the broadcasters to make sure they download the custom skin packs for the rest of the series. They didn't show in this event.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

I never had problem with other people from the star sign "Gemini" but how knows, I also didn´t read my horoscope today. Maybe that would have warned me ;)
    Anyway, thanks it is good that we survived. The commentators seemed a bit mad about me and Jonny. I can understand that but the accousation that I wanted to fight you is wrong. My aim was to get a good exit of thze last turn to kepp Jonny behind. After he lost it, I drove out of you slipstream in ordner to avoid getting to close, because the vibrations were so hevay, I had problems to stay on the track at the end of the straight. And normally I don´t fight cars who want to lap me.

• Like Like x 1