Assetto Corsa Round 3 Laguna Seca Historic - Mon Mar 29, 2021

Discussion in 'Lola T70 MarkII Challenge Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Matteo Santini

Matteo Santini Pro Driver

Maybe because when I tried it alone on the track that did never happened?

It's obvious that if you try your pit stop alone on the track you never cross the white line on the left, because you go straight on to your pit stall and it will never disappear by your sight.

Indeed I had Caitlin's (thx Filip) car right before my pit stall, and as an habit every minded driver is supposed to approach his pit stall from the left, and never from the right. So every minded driver would not expect his pit crew suddently disappear if he cross the line on the left to avoid a stalled car being actually inside the pit lane. I had to do 2 two pit stop losing this race for a bug, that you call "bad luck".
    It has nothing to do with you Maddie, but I feel really defrauded of a deserved victory by this damned bogued game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

Maddie, there was bad luck involved for sure but it's also obvious the way AC handles this situation is very poor and actually buggy. The fast pit lane should be configured in such a way that AC would still show the pit positions and keep cars transparent. Any other behaviour is actually inadequate and can be perfectly classified as a bug.
    Jos

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Maddie Shepherd

Maddie Shepherd Pro Driver

Jos, that's not a bug. It's just a limitation of AC. That's not a "bug" and I'm really not sure why it's being called that.

4. Filip Stoyanovich

Filip Stoyanovich Pro Driver

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Maddie Shepherd

Could have just gone to the right of the car tbh... :p

6. Matteo Santini

Oh my God... why people wants to be right when he is wrong?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Lorenzo Galluzzi

Lorenzo Galluzzi Pro Driver

Not the race i wanted, still a good result but i did'nt have a good pace.
    Is it only me that respected the pit limit staying at the right of the pit crew instead of left?
    If so, i have to get smarter...

8. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

No, you were smart, you actually didn't have to pit twice like some had to :p

9. Matteo Santini

I solved the problem retiring form this champ. Now you can penalize me :p

10. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

What a rubbish race i had last night, all ruined from the ridiculous start line pile up that put me already half a lap down before the first lap was completed. :mad: I think i had already been hit 2 or 3 times before i had gone 50m :rolleyes:
    Qually was decent enough, i was 7th behind Jos until the dying minutes then JVD and another gazumped me and i was demoted to 10th. But thought i should still be on for a decent fight in the top 10.
    At the start, the guy in front didnt even move when the lights change! i went around him to the right but then received a hard thump from the left from someone already crashing! and that span me around. As i tried to recover i was hit again and that span me off into the grass :mad: Then as i finally pulled away the two cars ahead had a daft accident which i couldnt fathom how they had manage to collide there?. I had now lost 5 places and nearly a lap before lap 1 was completed. I then got hit a further two times in the early laps battling back past cars i had qualified well ahead of, both times resulting in long trips into the scenery. Driving standards seemed really bad in the early laps. :( (Filip was unfortunate in that my car went into neutral through the chicane so closing speed meant he probably couldnt avoid me, but other guy that hit me was trying too hard to fight a lost battle after he had already cocked up his braking before the same chicane a few laps later). Plus he didnt wait nor take a drive-thru.
    Had a fairly lonely race from then on, -16 secs to nearest car and constantly losing time to blue flags as was lapped so early due to the incidents. :(
    I was staggered when i noticed only 25 mins left on the clock to take my pit stop, time had still flown! Took my stop only to find i couldnt see my pitbox anywhere :eek: had to drive through and pit again a whole lap later, this time crawling along until i saw it hidden behind a parked car :rolleyes:
    To be honest i was glad when the race finished. Finished a lowly 13th. :( Such a shame as cars looked and felt fantastic on this track, which really looked the part with its period detail.:cool:

I dont agree that the pits is flawed (other than the invisible pit box!) if you watch any vintage racing they often had to manhandle a car into a tight pit box around other stationary cars, and there was no speed limit. Though it made a bit of a mockery watching the guy doing a drive-thru penalty, blast through and re-emerge 5th ! o_O

• Like Like x 1
  11. Lorenzo Galluzzi

Actually there was a speed limit, just need to stay on the right side of the pit crew as i said before. The normal pit lane was considered by Ac part of the track, so no speed limit and car were not invisible...

12. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

Must admit i didnt know we had to stay to right of pitcrews. I automatically entered the pits and drove up the left side of them. Would have helped if this was in the Race thread Post 1 (for future reference admins ;) )

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Maddie Shepherd

It wasn't mentioned anywhere in here so we didn't have to do anything in regards to staying to the right.

14. Lorenzo Galluzzi

I do agree, actually we discussed the rules of the white lines which in all respects were not significant on this track, and in my opinion we had a false final result, given that the failure to respect the limits gave many seconds of advantage

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Kimi Martikainen

Kimi Martikainen Pro Driver

Nothing much to say about this race, it was over after 30 meters, no idea who was sleeping there at start...

16. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

:( Matteo, I totally understand your diappointment and annoyance, it's clear that you were on the royal path to win this race thanks to your tremendous pace, and this is obvious you got robbed from it by a stupid AC/Track faulty design/bug, still I think I can say that most of us here would like you not to quit but to stay in the series.
    I personnally didn't like much that track, which is rather poorly done imo, and I dislike the car, whose behaviour looks pretty unrealistic for a Lola imo again and from all the onboards I enjoyed watching, :rolleyes: but the fun also comes from racing all together.. ;)

A weird and funny aspect of this race is that, at the opposite of your misadventure, the actual winner didn't lose any position by taking his mandatory drivethrough due to this pitlane bullsh**.. :eek: :D (But he had a fantastic pace too of course, congrats to him !!)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Maddie Shepherd

Not our fault lol. It's not a "false final result" just because we used it like it should have been used. We respected the limits of the pitlane, had clean stops, and gained as a result. Stop trying to make up excuses of what the pitlane is defined as...

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Maddie Shepherd

Pretty sure it was Phil Jones. Not sure what happened there tbh.

19. Philip Kraus

Philip Kraus Pro Driver

I don't think there was anything false about the final result. Usually you take a pit lane on the left hand side, which just so happened to not have a pit speed limit here. If you took the fast lane in practice or qualifying you'd know that your box was going to disappear, so it's just something you had to practice. Don't get me wrong, it's a shame Matteo lost the race due to that, but it could've easily been avoided.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Lorenzo Galluzzi

As Maxime said before, the winner didn't get any penalty from the drivethrough, isn't it affective?

• Agree Agree x 1