Assetto Corsa Round 3 Laguna Seca Historic - Mon Mar 29, 2021

Discussion in 'Lola T70 MarkII Challenge Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Maddie Shepherd

Maddie Shepherd Pro Driver

Shouldn't have this track then lol. Phil still did the drive-through.

2. Philip Kraus

Philip Kraus Pro Driver

I was told I had to do a drive through, never was there a mention of at what speed I was required to do the drive through at. This isn't the only track on Assetto Corsa that works around the pit limiter like this.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Lorenzo Galluzzi

Lorenzo Galluzzi Pro Driver

I don't want to blame anyone, I'm not even looking for excuses, I'm just expressing my point of view

• Like Like x 2
  4. Philip Kraus

Philip Kraus Pro Driver

That's fine, but it's a bit much to say that the results are false because some people didn't practice the pit lane.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

The important thing about this drive through was that you understood that in this community we don't punt cars and keep going as if nothing has happened. Either you wait the other driver or, if that's not feasible, you do a drive through in the next lap. If not, you get to do it in the next race. This is also the respectful thing to do and what keeps this community thriving... You now know this so objective met.
    Jos

• Like Like x 1
  6. Matteo Santini

Matteo Santini Pro Driver

Sorry @Maxime Tendil , but after I read all this bullshit by the opponents it's better if I stop forever to play here in SRO. Rules must be stated in advance, not after the race. We should have known NOTHING except that when you're inside the pit lane your crew shouldn't disappeared. I read an amount of absurdity in previous post that I simply can't tolerate.

You can go on without me for sure

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. Kimi Martikainen

Kimi Martikainen Pro Driver

Don't do that Matteo, you'll be stronger in next race. Moral victory is yours, everybody knows that, but just like real life, things usually don't go your way.

8. Maddie Shepherd

You win some. You lose some. It's not a moral victory lol.

9. Kimi Martikainen

Kimi Martikainen Pro Driver

Pace wise ( is that even proper expression) it was, but you need to practise your pitstop every track to avoid nasty suprises.... :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Maddie Shepherd

Pace wise, yes. But a 1 hour race isn't just about pace and if you don't practice pitting after doing over 100 laps of practice then that's your fault.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Lorenzo Galluzzi

Lorenzo Galluzzi Pro Driver

Matteo, you are wrong about quitting the champ, the best way to answer is to show who is the best!

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Matteo Santini

Here you can read another bullshit, because I already stated that I tried pit when alone on track in the days before the race. And I stated the OBVIOUS thing that you'll never discover this fact if you were alone on the track without other cars on pit lane because you could go straight to your pit stall that would never disappear in front of you..

You can go on saying that I should have tried something that I actually tried without any issue, but it won't change the reality

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Maddie Shepherd

Calm down a bit. You knew where your pitbox was. You could have gone to the right of the car and it wouldn't have cost you too much time. There was time in practice and qualifying to practice the pit entry and to avoid cars in the pits. Nothing will the change the reality of what happened, even your constant excuses. If you do that much practice you've not really got an excuse to mess up the pit entry twice.

14. Matteo Santini

Maddie, you know where you can go?

I let you guess it

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  15. Maddie Shepherd

Looking forward to the next race? Sure, I'll go do that. ;)

16. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

It wouldn't be a bad thing for those that must have the last word in every single discussion to consider that, beyond the fate of a single race or specific point, we are building (correct me if I'm wrong) a simracing community here with the objective of delivering fun for all in the long run (as well as in each race if at all possible). For that, adding and keeping respectful and competitive drivers amongst us is good and desirable.
    This is not incompatible with having our discussions but, I'd say, only if we do this respectfully and in a considerate way. By the latter I mean, some of the points we make might upset other people and, perhaps, we could think before hitting the 'post replay' button, if it is worth potentially upsetting someone else for the sake of the point we are making. I can assure you there are some occasions it is worth going ahead and many that it isn't (if/when we value the community above our individual royalties). But the thin boundary between the two comes down to the complex background of our upbringings.
    Can we redirect this thread to bringing us together rather than keeping us apart?
    Jos

Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  17. Phil Brown

Phil Brown Pro Driver

Sincere Apologies for causing the start line pile up yesterday ,I wasn't ready when the lights went out ,I am such a twat, . I will do a drive through at the start of the next race, not that its much conciliation for the people who's race i ruined. Sorry again .

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

Sure, and I hope my comment about Phil's luck wasn't understood as if he had been guilty of anything in that regard, I myself hadn't even realised that this pitlane was with 2 different functionings wether you lane left or right (is it even the case, I still don't know o_O:D)

In the end all this mostly was about a track pitlane weirdness, to say the least, and we more and more learn that implementing pitstops in our AC races is likely to provide us with some oddities, again, to say the least.

As @Jos Ogos said yet with a much better phrasing, but mine will be shorter :D : Let's just have as fun as possible racing together with as much respect for clean racing & other gentlemen drivers as possible ! :cool:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Stephen Hayward

Stephen Hayward Pro Driver

Mark, i think i was the 'other guy' you claim hit you when you passed me at the fast chicane. Yes, i was still defending my position but from my perspective you cut too early and it was not possible to avoid you as your rear offside tapped my nearside . Anyway, i apologise if you feel it was my fault although you forgot to mention in your recap that a few moments later you had a much bigger off that was thankfully not my fault. Just watched the video. Anyway,sounds like a crap race you had and from time to time i guess we all get them

20. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

So, race report from me now:
    Bad luck at the beginning of the race as @Phil Brown forgot to engage 1st gear :rolleyes:, but the resulting melee delivered much fun and intense wheel-to-wheel fighting for a good part of the race as I was progressing back from P13 to P7 which is fairly the best I could do yesterday.
    The fight with teammate @Maxime Tendil and the final battle with @Filip Stoyanovich were the highlights of the race. I pitted early to avoid slowing the team down when I was losing focus after the intense first third of the race... And I had to get back in full focus when Filip was breathing on my neck. He was all over me, with a much better pace, but I was closing all the gaps :D We touched and lost some time but Filip is a gent :) and everything ended well.
    Not the best race but it was fun. I'm sure Filip, without the start incident would have ended much better than 8th... but hey... Those things happen. Kudos to Phil for his decision on next race.
    BTW, if I may, let me promote the next series starting on 15th April with the Ferrari 250 GTO at Miseluk. Sure you don't want to miss it. Here: https://simracingonline.co.uk/racing/seriesinfo/248
    And the video of the race as customary (Enjoy!):

Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 3