Assetto Corsa Comp Round 3 Laguna seca

Discussion in 'Tuesday Night ACC Porsche Cup Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

ROUND 3 PCC.jpg
    Registration

Round 3
    Laguna Seca !

This round finds us on the west coast USA up in wine country !

Once again the qual server is up with short q & r sessions for new drivers to get on the entrylist.

No shows from round 1 & 2 have been removed & will need to re register & do the quall & race sessions on the q server to re join .

New sign-up's MUST also do the 10 min Q & R sessions .

Last edited: Nov 2, 2020
  2. FKR

FKR SRO Team Owner

Race day password set on the event page !
    Reverse grid has been set . we had 2 drivers pull out & one in the top 10 so i had to edit the list , and 3 new drivers that are not on the entry list due to no Qual laps on qual server before race day , so if it all goes to hell & their are gaps on the grid or someone's in front of you that should not be its the software reacting to the players not on the list & I'm sorry .. we race anyway !:D AC has a cool featuere that sets reverse grid ..with ACC you have to manually go threw and set every driver ..and their not in any order :eek::rolleyes: !
    Good Luck All , see you on the Live Broadcast !

• Like Like x 2
  3. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

I haven't been on a computer since Saturday and have zero practice as a result - but it looks like I can now attend so will do my best to throw something together in time for the race!
    Not a good combo for me given I'm starting from 12th thanks to getting 'lucky' last time - at least I can make Mr. Sky correct when he calls me a mid pack driver tonight ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Eike Sky

Eike Sky Pro Driver

No one's a midpack driver Tim. Everyone's a potential winner, just depends how well you play your cards tonight! :D

5. Christian Mentin

Christian Mentin Pro Driver

Hey Rob,
    i did Q and R on the practice server now. Is it possible to join in the back of the grid?
    I can help you out and do no Quali on the Race Server to ensure to be in the back!
    I was really looking forward for today, but i didnt had time to go earlier onto the practice server :(
    cheers
    Christian

6. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Yes your in !! got you and Andre as well just missing 2 now ..

• Like Like x 1
  7. Henri Miettinen

Henri Miettinen Pro Driver

Don't worry Tim, we have that saying in Finland "Lahjattomat treenaa", which means like "practice is for those with no talent" :D I've lived like this for some time :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Stephen Wenham

Stephen Wenham Pro Driver

having problems with ACC, when i try to log on to the server list i just get an error message asking me to try again :( no racing for me tonight

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Henri Miettinen

Do you have that DLC?

10. Oli Bateson

Oli Bateson Pro Driver Donator

Well what a farce on my part :confused::rolleyes: - Id been practicing on the AMS2 server for tomorrow nights race instead, until Paul pointed it out to me at 8pm when I asked why no-one was on the server. I only just made the end of praccy and had to race with almost no practice. I thought Id start nice and early tonight as well at 7pm, stay calm with a good bit of preparation. Instead it was shear panic! Oh well, at least I got a head start for tomorrow night.
    Due to my lack of preparation I took it easy to start with and gradually pushed during the race. Got up to the magic 12th at one point only to slide back to my usual position. Happy with 15th though cause I got to have a good race and was happy to be racing with other people and not on my own :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Henri Miettinen

That was pretty awful. I punted someone in lap 1turn 2. Sorry for that! Had to give position back so i lose some places there. Couple laps later i got few big hits on my rear, and after that the car was so oversteery. Had to drive corners so slow. Last lap Gavino punted me, he gave me position back, but the car was so bad shape that i had no chance keep him behind me even one lap.
    Grars for podium!
    Laguna Seca i hope we don't ever meet again :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Christian Mentin

Christian Mentin Pro Driver

Hi everybody,
    Since something happend before the race start when applying the setup, the GUI was stuck for 10s, I was just not able to hit the DRIVE button in time...
    So i made my race from the pits, with little practice on that track and for me the first time the porsche cup car, I ended up somewhere in the back of the field.
    Anyway I had really fun, because I was catching up, when also others were doing some mistakes, so at least it was not just me who had severe troubles handling that porsche ;)

@Eike Sky: I took a look at the stream afterwards, and to be honest, your commentary is freaking AWESOME!!!
    Really great job to the Organizers, keep that on, I will be joining more often now, my Internetconnection is fixed finally ;)
    Since I was also off for a longer period now, I realized that there is a discord server now, so maybe i can join for an Interview next time!
    cu in the next race hopefully
    cheers Christian

• Like Like x 4
  13. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

For the lack of practice I was well chuffed to be up to 5th and behind Andy before reaching halftime.
    Then I put a wheel in the dirt, or on the marbles (Don't know yet) and span it into the concrete wall.
    As if that wasn't enough I landed in such a bad angle that I had to wait for nearly the entire field to pass before I could pull away thanks to that stupid rev limiter in neutral.
    After re-joining I must have had something pretty badly wrong at the back as I had next to no rear end grip. I arm wrestled the car upto 12th and then kept going but took it safer - making points now would be great, but starting from pole means a damn good chance at a very good finish next round. Luckily I love Zandvoort, next we find out if I'm any good at it in these cars!

• Like Like x 2
  14. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Love laguna..specially with Porches its awesome.
    Acc pace little better and podium for grabs but spun in big way + damage.
    Nevertheless ok drive with lots of passes. Had to work through the grid 2 times.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

Cracking race last night, really enjoyed it but was hard work under high pressure for nearly the entire race. Starting 2nd on the grid at Laguna with at least 6 aliens behind you was a very daunting prospect on a very tricky track :eek:
    But start went well and was able to pressure Boszga? for the lead while Simon battled with the aliens behind me. I Got past a few laps in, when Bos made a mistake up the hill and then lead the race for about 20 minutes. o_O Clean racer Andy W had a few attacks for a while but then fell back from view. 2nd place Simon performed an admirable rear gunner role fending off the charging Williams and Matteo whilst i kept a 2 second lead. But once Matteo got past Simon i knew it was only a matter of corners before Matteo pounced on me. I was realistic and hoping he would past me cleanly so i could slot in behind but i lost sight of him going up the hill to the corkscrew on my left side. I stayed wide right on the marbles and of course the car wouldnt stop in time on the marbles and he and Simon got past with a free pass :(
    Now third for the final 8 minutes or so but with hardly any tyre grip left, it was getting harder and harder to keep my earlier pace. A big oversteer on the downhill section from corkscrew allowed Andy Williams to snatch my hard earned podium position :( i chased him hard as i could, but then in the dying minutes i had Gavino and Henri all over me. Gavino launched a no-chance lunge down at T1 :rolleyes: fortunately i saw it coming and jinked aside but he clattered into Henri and sent them both spinning off.
    My 4th place was safe, :) disapointed to come away with no podium spot but still very happy with a 4th place finish at a tough track. :cool:

Loved watching the replay back this morning, the live broadcasts allow you to re-live the action and see what happened to others too :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  16. Lorenzo Galluzzi

Lorenzo Galluzzi Pro Driver

Good race for me yesterday, although I am still practicing with this new simulator and with this type of car.
    Got some good fights, made a mistake touching Henri Miettinen at first corner, sorry about that.
    Could anyone send the replay of the race? Thanks!

See you next round

Regards

Lorenzo

• Like Like x 2
  17. Eike Sky

Eike Sky Pro Driver

It's on the homepage ;)

18. Lorenzo Galluzzi

Thanks Eike, but i meant the replay file from acc

19. Lorenzo Galluzzi

And of course, thanks for the amazing broadcasting and commentary!!

20. Eike Sky

Eike Sky Pro Driver

I guessed. But I saw an opportunity :p

• Funny Funny x 3