rFactor 2 Round 3 Le Mans 2020 - Sun Oct 4, 2020

Discussion in 'Endurance League: S397 Endurance Pack Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jul 14, 2020.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

We have decided to use the official DLC Studio 397 Le Mans version with the track votes.
    There are 2 layouts: 2018 and 2020. We are using the 2020 version.

2. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

Ok, got it. Not sure why theirs two links. Second link didn't work for myself? It confuses people. Especially for an idiot like myself.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
  3. John vd Geest

Got it. I will remove the 2017 link. It selects automatically on all rF2 Le Mans. :)

4. John vd Geest

Sorry, league decision. Most want to drive the S397 version and me also.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Darrel Kruger

Darrel Kruger Pro Driver

OK, I had a big update this morning, but my car F488 #52 1.67 is about the same. I have never seen the "lemans aero" selection on any screen. Exactly where is that? Thanks!

NM, found it, it's on the screen before you go to the track.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
  6. John vd Geest

Hi Darrel,

Select the car by clicking on it on the server.
    Underneath you will find a button called "Tuning" click that
    You will see some options in the upper right
    Select aero or something and choose "Le Mans aero"
    Then press start to go to the track.

7. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

The S397 is way superior to the 2017 track. The 2017 although good was inaccurate but a good effort non the less. With changes s397 did before the virtual Le Mans it's one of the best tracks in any sim in my opinion. It's well worth the money. Just a shame we won't be driving in the dark.

8. Darrel Kruger

Darrel Kruger Pro Driver

I practiced at night, it is really right there. The sunsets/rises are like you are there!

9. Darrel Kruger

Darrel Kruger Pro Driver

double post, computer lockup!

10. John vd Geest

Be aware that qualifying takes place at dusk and headlights are required.

It is track scripted, so I can't change that.
    The practise, warm-up and race are in full daylight.

11. John vd Geest

I think GTE Johnny will start overtaking some LMP2's if he goes any faster :p:confused::eek:

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Michael LaBelle

Michael LaBelle Pro Driver

Hi I was wondering if I could change from the Ferrari to the Aston Martin. The Ferrari head lights don't work. So in the interest of safe night driving for all involved I would like to make the switch now.

13. John vd Geest

No problem.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

So you think your fast. Alonso in the same LMP2 car at the same version of the Le Mans track set a pole position time of 3:25.555 at the Virtual 24 hours of Le Mans. The fastest lap of the race was set by veteran sim racer Aleksi Uusi-Jaakkola, who clocked a 3m23.672s. My lap times are around the 3:35's. Although this is 10 seconds off their pace I'm actually quite pleased with that but it shows just how much more this a car can do if I had a tad more talent. Wish some of them had released their setups would have been interesting. Anyhow here's the article I read

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...Vaw0q9mzkPTcJXm8gMG4CWfM-&cshid=1601824806401

May see you tonight but I'm not feeling good at the moment. Just done a stint though but not sure I can do the whole 2.4 hours.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Michael LaBelle

Michael LaBelle Pro Driver

A friend has asked me for some of my indispensable help this afternoon. Regrets I shall miss another race. As a retired person weekends mean little to my schedule, while workers find the weekend a great time for asking favours.
    Cheers

16. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

I truly believe this is anyone's win. I'll be happy with in the top 5 if the track shows me mercy. :eek:

17. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

When i clicked on race rf froze was almost a 2 minutes before it sent me to the grid, It done that 4 times tonight will delete and re-install i think.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. John vd Geest

Shame Nigel.

19. Peter Williamson

Peter Williamson Pro Driver

Absolutely gutted!
    Spun avoiding a GTE car that had gone wide at the Karting chicane and hit the wall destroying the suspension and engine. Couldn't get to the pits so game over.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Roman Prikryl

Roman Prikryl Pro Driver

I apologize for my start. One hour before the finish, the game collapsed. The game window jumped into the garage. At the practice session. The screen was choppy. I heard the car crash. Maybe I didn't run into anyone.:(

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  21. John vd Geest

I spun hitting the barrier damaging my splitter and got a drive-through for going wide 3 times. Then I called it a day :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1