rFactor 2 Round 3 Le Mans 2020 - Sun Oct 4, 2020

Discussion in 'Endurance League: S397 Endurance Pack Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Had 1 hour praccy before event and found some old setup that worked with little tweaks.

Q I went with full tank and meds...

R Good pace and took it easy. Was just thinking of if go 2 or 3 stints with meds. If 3 take softs to the end.
    Decided to take meds in half way. Then i had massive spin and flatspotted my tyres. I think that is mildly said, how i wrecked them.
    So i went maybe 40-50minutes with a heavily wobbling car. Driving 320+km/h and front end just wobbles and wheel gives feedback.
    Have to admit was a good training for my forearms and grip :D
    That made me do constantly little slips and couple bigger slips and lost tons of time.
    @Eric Moinet was keeping his pace and figured ill do little stop for fuel later. Just keep it 40-44 seconds and im fine but i made those
    slips all the time and he kept his pace all the way to the flag.
    Great drive buddy, well deserved :)

• Like Like x 4
  2. Jerry Chen

Jerry Chen Pro Driver

Had great time chasing Barrett the entire race. I was a little slower in first stint, but started reeling Barrett in slowly in 2nd stint. Got the gap down to 5 secs. Thought it was over near end of 2nd stint when I pushed a little too hard at Dunlop and got a drive through.
    Then Barrett got a drive through at the start of the 3rd stint as well, so the gap came back down to 7sec. My tires were fresher by about 2 laps i think, so I managed to shave a few more seconds off, but ran out of race track.

Enjoy some digital photography:

Sunset during qual makes for some very pretty scenery
    SRO lemans 6.jpg

SRO lemans 7.jpg

SRO lemans 8.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  3. Jerry Chen

Jerry Chen Pro Driver

Peter's Skoda powered LMP2:
    SRO lemans 3.jpg

SRO lemans 1.jpg

SRO lemans 2.jpg

SRO lemans 4.jpg

SRO lemans 5.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  4. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

I had a good time
    Race went well. Used softs for this race. They did well. Nothing to write home about. Just a good clean race.

Cheers!

• Like Like x 3
  5. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Well done Paul on your third place. I know that 2.4 hours takes a lot out of you and you weren't feeling well :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. John vd Geest

7. John vd Geest

8. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Thanks. I could barely move after that. To say it's painful to race these days is an understatement. My body is knackered and I may well have to hang up my endurance helmet after this series is over. Sad because I love these long races. :(

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Well done to Eric on a well executed strategy. Extending the stint to 10 laps was the key to your victory as you avoided the need for a splash and dash late on in the race. I think both Toni and I could manage 9 laps.

My race was error strewn. Had a good first stint but forgot to tell the pit crew to not to change tires. So that was an extra 15 seconds. Then I got a drive through for exceeding track limits mostly at Tetre Rouge. A spin at Indianapolis caused massive flat spots and like Toni I had to deal with a rampant vibrator for the rest of the stint. Forgot the trick of turning down the FFB which I can do on the fly with my Fanatec wheel. Towards the end I span out in the Ford chicanes. Lack of concentration due to pain coursing through my body at that point. Then a spin at T1 forgetting than the spin at the Ford chicane had overheated the tires. This spin resulted in leaving my rear spoiler for the marshals to take home as a trophy and broken steering. Should have given up at that point but we were inside the last 20 minutes and I'd come this far so I crawled back to the pits the car barely driveable but gave up once I realised the length of the repairs and the fact I was the last running LMP2 car I gave up as 3rd was mine. Crawled away from my sim rig and died shortly afterwards.

Well done to Eric. Your great strategy paid off and we'll done to Toni for 2nd :)
    In GTE well done to Johnny for the win, another good day for my teammate Barrett for taking 2nd, and to Jerry for 3rd.

On to Bahrain. May have recovered by then.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. John vd Geest

LOL :p

• Like Like x 1
  11. Jerry Chen

Jerry Chen Pro Driver

:p

Props to Jens as well for going full caveman. Not even auto clutch.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Peter Williamson

Peter Williamson Pro Driver

13. Eric Moinet

Eric Moinet Pro Driver

Sorry for late reply guys, it was too late the other day after the race and I was too much tired yesterday after a long working day to put two words making sense together.
    Thanks a lot for greetings, what a race! Perfect strategy, little to no mistake, no flat spot on tyres... Yes, but on the other hand a lot of stuttering with several screen freezes that made the first half of the race difficult and rather unpleasant. Fortunately, I didn't hit anything.
    When I saw everyone pitting one or two laps before me at the end of first stint, I knew this one was for me. All I had to do was to keep the gap with Tony below 45 seconds to pass him after his last pit stop. Job done.
    The car was a beast to drive. She already won a Le Mans race this summer, and on 24 hours. She liked it, she wanted a win once more. And she did it.
    (Below, the photo of the podium after that race in August)
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2