rFactor 2 Round 3 Linas Montlhery Full - Sun May 5, 2024

Discussion in 'GT Revival 1960s Championship Closed' started by John vd Geest, Feb 23, 2024.

1. Gilles da'Silva

Gilles da'Silva Pro Driver Donator

I've been trying to join the server for about 20 minutes.
    All i'm getting is a black screen!
    Still trying

2. Gilles da'Silva

Well, that was a completely futile exercise . . .
    Eventually joined three other guys on the server.
    No one reported problems during practice.
    I pressed ESC multiple times without any incident.
    Unfortunately, I couldn't persuade anyone to 'progress to the next session', to check for problems under 'qually' conditions.
    Then I realised that nobody but me was wearing a skin! :eek:
    I think it was just three mates practicing together :)
    So I went back to watching the Snooker World Championship :D

3. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Good idea .... :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Giuseppe Baldoni

Giuseppe Baldoni Pro Driver Donator

Is it possible to put it off the starting of the race of Sunday evening? Instead of 9 p.m. can we done 8.50 p.m. I have to watch the starting of Formula One G.P. at 10 p.m.:):):):):):):)

5. John vd Geest

Sadly not. We have to stick to the schedule.
    If you have a streaming service, you can select to start watching F1 at the beginning :)

6. Giuseppe Baldoni

Giuseppe Baldoni Pro Driver Donator

I have tried!:D:D:)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mark Hightree

Mark Hightree Administrator Staff Member Donator

I found most dashboards to be overpriced and the screens are polluted with too much info. So I built my own using a Vocore screen and SimHub Dash Studio. Keeping the output lean should help framerates. I don't see any drop in fps using simhub but I'm sure there is a small performance hit there. You can fine tune the performance for each output by setting the update interval. I can set my shift lights to update every 1 millisecond and then set my oil temp indicator to update every 2000ms. So you can prioritize available processing power. And the license is dirt cheap. I'm a software developer and I tried writing my own with some success and can tell you that nothing will kill your framerates faster than a poorly written plugin. I've had no issues with SimHub.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Randy Marek

Randy Marek Pro Driver Donator

• Like Like x 2
  9. Gilles da'Silva

Thanks for the reply Mark. Much appreciated.
    I only use VR for sim racing, so a Vocore screen dash wouldn't work for me.
    Dash Panel is cheap, around £3/$3 for the rFactor version.
    You build the dash(s) yourself and can have as much, or as little info as you want, in whatever style you want and each element can be resized and placed as you please.
    It's also replaced Crew Chief for me and is the only plug-in I've been using.
    It's great fun (almost addictive) building a dash (I've made dozens); a bit like playing Minecraft. But, to be honest, the program has too many problems to recommend.
    Have you tested exactly how much of a performance hit it causes?
    I never noticed any fps hit with DP and never bothered to check it out. So I was surprised when I did test it recently and discovered it was causing a drop of around 15 fps.
    If you haven't tested yours, it probably wouldn't hurt to do so. And if you do get an exact figure, I'd love to know what it is.

10. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

Found it. Ty.

Last edited: May 4, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  11. John vd Geest

[​IMG]

Drivers briefing

1. All 6 events of this series will be broadcasted
    Broadcaster: Rob Milliken
    [​IMG]

2. Linas Montlhery Conditions
    1) The race will start at 02:00 PM (in-game time of course)
    2) Time acceleration is normal. Fuel = 2x / This forces a pitstop. Tyres = 3x / The tyres give good grip, but are rock-hard on 1x and almost don't wear.
    3) Cut Track points are set to 6
    4) 100% damage
    5) This event has a standing start without formation lap
    6) This is a dry race
    7) Qualification is set to "private". That means that you will be alone on track so you can put in your best time without traffic (point 3 qual rule still applies).
    8) In race conditions the pitlane speed limit is 48 km/h.
    9) YOU HAVE TO USE THE SAME CAR THROUGHOUT THE SERIES THAT YOU CHOOSE FOR YOUR FIRST EVENT.
    10) IMPORTANT: when coming out of the pitlane, you MUST join the track on the right side next to the wall so cars can pass on the left side of the track!

3. The use of the Esc. key in Qualification
    Use of the Esc key during Qualifying is the equivalent of stopping your car and getting out. This may be done only in your pit stall. There are very few exceptions to this rule. Here are the only two we will currently consider. These exceptions are subject to change at any time:
    - You run out of fuel in the pit lane before reaching your pit stall.

If you use the Esc key in any location other than your pit stall, your Qualifying session is over and you may not return to the track.

4. You can find the password for the race server on the Linas Montlhery event page.

5. Unregistering in time if you can't make it.

6. Please use the
    SAME NAME in the rFactor 2 game as on our SRO signup list or it won't match in our automated result processing.

You can change your name in the rFactor 2 "Profile" menu.

7. If you plan to PROTEST another driver, you have to wait 24 hours counting from the end of the race.

Any protest filed before that time will be viewed as not received. You can find the rules about submitting a protest here.

8. You can find the server by typing SRO or the track name. Add the server to your favorites so you can always find it.
    If you can't find the server in the rFactor 2 server list, you can access this way:
    1. click on this link: https://simracepackages.lima-city.de/rF2server/
    2. scroll down to "SRO" (it's alphabetical)
    3. choose the correct server and Join with the password (see point 4 above)
    4. the server will start automatically and will take you to the event

[​IMG]

Last but not least ...
    SIMRACINGONLINE wishes you a great race!
    And always remember that your fellow SRO members have also put in a lot of time practising for this race,
    so please be careful and respectful with your buddies. :)

If you have questions, please ask them below.

Last edited: May 4, 2024
  12. John vd Geest

13. Randy Marek

I was hoping we would stay to the right of the wall when exiting. A lap around the oval to get up to speed. ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Randy Marek

At the vintage race at Gingerman raceway this morning. Nothing quite as cool as what we do. But they try.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  15. Gilles da'Silva

Very cool :) Looks like some nice cars there.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Paul Upham

Paul Upham Pro Driver

not sure what is with that mod but I blew my engine Just trying to take off after I out-braked myself. That was a waste of a weekend of practice! That was not like that for the other races and it caches you off guard and there is no turning back. You are Done! Blown(literally) my chance to win the only race this car, with me driving it, could win. Very disappointing.
    Try again next time.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Randy Marek

No joke the cars are way better now. Love a car that punishes mistakes.

• Like Like x 1
  18. I would appreciate a warning in in-game chat that the rev limiters were removed in the update. I can't spend all my time looking at the forum for car updates and as a result my practice went to nothing right at the start of the race like 4 other people. I don't get why the cars had to be updated mid-season either.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

Drunk too big sip of beer in pitlane so took a stop and go. Wanted to finish it 1st tho and game dropped me to 2nd spot.
    Paul was super! Damn that Mustang flew on straights!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Matias Estrela

Matias Estrela Pro Driver

bizzarrini's tachometer lies, for example, if you believe in it, you are done... but what can you expect from an Italian car.
    and now seriously... I recommend software called CarStat, thanks to it you can look into the .veh file of each car. you can find there bunch of useful info.. for example engine data, very useful if you don't want your engine to explode.

EDIT. oh f..
    I just looked at the race results and it looks like I won. wow.
    que potra... :):):)

Last edited: May 5, 2024
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1