rFactor 2 Round 3 Linas Montlhery Full - Sun May 5, 2024

Discussion in 'GT Revival 1960s Championship Closed' started by John vd Geest, Feb 23, 2024.

1. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

I could not miss the removed rev limiter, first time I tried to leave the garage the engine blew...
    First I was not sure who was more silly, the track or myself but, I obviously won that. One stop strategy did not work (wrong place to try that, but probably Ed would have made it work). Got I drive trough because I was not focused enough. And I crashed again in the closing stages, but it made no difference. A lot of misfortune for the others enabled my result and of course the fact that I was able to finish.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

Fun while it lasted. I just wanted to have fun and race and be with others around a track but it was not meant to be. Was racing with Toni and having fun. I used too much clutch and the Ford went boom. Oh well. Hope you guys liked my skin. Brought to you by The majestic painter, Gilles. Can't get over how nice everyone skins are. I really enjoy this series / mod.

Cheers,

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

Skin was super! When you joined server, was just following and admiring it.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Neil Wood

Neil Wood Pro Driver Donator

A couple of things....

Why did the pitspeed have to be changed so dramatically from practice/qually and then in the race? Can't keep moving the goal posts every race.

The mod update has clearly made these cars very fragile. Yes it will stop people banging down the gears early and getting extra engine braking with blowing an engine. But clearly it's now even harder to get these cars off a standing start without it going pop.

10 finishers from 22 starters? I don't think I will be taking part in the rest of this series.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Paul Upham

Paul Upham Pro Driver

Randy, I don't disagree; however, the mistake i made took me wide and came to rest very gentilly against the barrier with no damage. All i did was put my foot back on the throttle with it in gear and it did a quick blurp of rpm before engaging the auto clutch and that was enough to blow the engine. That is not real. I have old V8's and they don't blow from that, of course it is a Ford so maybe it is real... You would have to sustain a ridiculous high rev to catastrophically blow an engine. I think there were a few cars that blew up. The mod needs to show signs of damage but not blow completely. That was an unwarranted end to a fun race. It will be a struggle at the other tracks for that car, but it will be fun.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Randy Marek

Randy Marek Pro Driver Donator

It also wouldn't be real to rev them to almost 12k for 70 seconds straight. We all are playing with the same issue. It's not like just the one make has an issue.
    The modder fixed the g motor issue that most people belly ached about the first 2 rounds(nobody has appreciated that yet) and they also addressed some other issues. Thank God they are working on the mod at all.
    We are all in the same boat and I'm sorry you sent a piston into low earth orbit but that's how it goes sometimes. I am just happy that we don't have a g motor problem any longer or at least this race.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Phil Brown

Phil Brown Pro Driver

Didn't realise it had changed until my second stop and go

8. Giuseppe Baldoni

Giuseppe Baldoni Pro Driver Donator

Good morning, question .... With 3 cars exploded on the grid, wasn't it possible to give a restart? How is it possible, one trains takes time then does not even start because he touches the limiter for 1second? It doesn't make much sense this, these things certainly don't make you want to continue .... Sorry but I didn't digest it:(

9. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Cool man. Grats!

10. John vd Geest

Yup, he's a true artist!

11. John vd Geest

I did try to warn everybody about it in the Drivers briefing here on the forum and I mentioned it twice on the server incl. in warmup.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. John vd Geest

We do not do restarts. The starts simulates a real race start where things are as they are. We also don't have red flags, because people press Esc. and the track is cleared.
    I'm really sorry that you blew your engine at the start. Most drivers did not blow the engine at the start because they must have been aware of the mod update specifics.
    I was also very careful to not over-rev the car at the start. You do have to read the forum for that information (Post#4). The forum is like a real drivers briefing before the race.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Neil Wood

I know.... but why is it different from the other rounds?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Randy Marek

How was anyone who put in any practice for this race caught out by this? The motors have been like this for over a week. You got to excited and made a mistake. You 100% used the equipment over its limits and now you are complaining about it. Drive the car to just below its limit. Is it the mods fault if you out break yourself and run straight off a corner? No because you drove the car over the limit.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Neil Wood

Some people can only practice at the weekend and don't have endless time and energy to dedicate to doing lap after lap.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Randy Marek

The last round of the v8 supercars championship we changed tracks 5 days before the race. This is way less of a hurdle. But you finished 5th.
    So now that's you know about it it shouldn't be a problem right?

17. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

I didnt practice at all. was having a family holiday. Raceday 2 hours before event start joined server, had read forums and blew my engine many times.
    I practiced start few times ( and had a really good one, there was just a Mustang blocking me ).
    There was good info to keep that engine under 7600 rpm wasit so i did it.
    Managed to do 2 timed laps before Q since even track was totally new to me.
    There are bigger issues like faster cars not needing more fuel for bigger engine or heavier car using more tyres and so on.
    But in the end cars look great and you get someone to race against someone allways and its a fresh gust of wind having cars that dont really need anything more than driving.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. Neil Wood

Stream VOD

Well.... that went well :p

I watched the replay and I revved at the start and hit 8-9000 rpm for the smallest moment....

• Like Like x 1
  19. Mark Hightree

Mark Hightree Administrator Staff Member Donator

There was plenty of pre-race chatter about incorrect redline values and some even made the point about having to reconfigure their dashboards to show correct values. I had one really stupid moment and touched the grass in a high speed right hander, lost control and hit the iron fence and my car exploded. My apologies to whoever came upon my tragedy and hit me. I could not find the escape key fast enough. Still I loved the challenge of these cars and look forward to the next.

• Like Like x 4
  20. John vd Geest

• Like Like x 2