rFactor 2 Round 3 Linas Montlhery Full - Sun May 5, 2024

Discussion in 'GT Revival 1960s Championship Closed' started by John vd Geest, Feb 23, 2024.

1. Gilles da'Silva

Gilles da'Silva Pro Driver Donator

My race was short, but the shortness had nothing to do with this wonderful mod. We can only be grateful that SSSimon has not only created this amazing piece of work, but is also spending time evolving it into something even more special. Mega thanks to him.
    And thanks also to @Mark Hightree for suggesting a way to get the rev counter working properly. That makes such a vital difference.
    I practiced lifting (off the accelerator) while changing gear. I can live with it, if I have to, but for this race I decided to trust my corrected rev counter and keep my foot to the floor. Criticize me for that if you like, but you can't criticize the engine, for it never let me down. And going by my practice sessions, I feel confident that the engine wouldn't have come close to blowing during the race. (I blew 2 before correcting the rev counter:))
    My race ended because I was disqualified for reversing in the pits!:(
    When I pitted for fuel, I had called for a pit stop, but can only assume I called too soon. When I pitted, there was no arrow indicating where to stop and no fuel for another lap. I drove the length of the pits, then, in desperation, I reversed back again, looking for my box. Instant DQ. Total Bummer (for I'm sure I would have won that race :rolleyes:)(or at least got one point :D:D)(well, finished in one piece :))
    As to a variation in the pit speed limit between sessions - was it not always like that? I complained about getting a penalty in the first round for that very reason.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Randy Marek

Randy Marek Pro Driver Donator

I enjoy a pit speed limit below 100kph in a car that has no limiter. It can shake up a race real fast. I also don't mind it changing from race to race but having it different in practice and the race is a little tough.

Last edited: May 9, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  3. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

If you press it again in the pitlane, the red square will show up.

• Like Like x 1
  4. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Can't remember, but isn't there an automatic pit lane speed option in the menu?

5. Randy Marek

Randy Marek Pro Driver Donator

Not that I know of.

6. Neil Wood

Neil Wood Pro Driver Donator

Can someone send me the server results XML as I didn't get the full one cos I quit on lap 1.