Automobilista Round 3 Londrina Long

Discussion in 'Copa De Marcas 2020 Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Cant see the server and unable to get its IP address. It is appearing in the live timing. Cheers

3. Ken Jagger

It's back up again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

Noted that I got fuel when doing pitstop in practice (does not seem to happen in race).

If you change to these lines in your svm file it will not put in any fuel during the stop:
    Pitstop1Setting=0//+0L (0laps)
    Pitstop2Setting=0//+0L (0laps)
    Pitstop3Setting=0//N/A
    (my file had 17L as default, and can not be changed thru the settings as refueling not allowed)

• Informative Informative x 3
  5. Edward Jones

Edward Jones Pro Driver Donator

I'm not going to make it to this race. Have fun!

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Ramon Llupart

Ramon Llupart Pro Driver Donator

Well done everyone yesterday. :)

My qualify was just where I wanted, in the start I gained one position so even better. That third position didn't last for long as both Jens and Csaba were approaching me quite fast, I tried to keep the position given that overtaking with this cars is a little bit tricky, but eventually I went to the grass in the braking zone and they passed me. Lucky me, Jens somehow overtook Csaba and, since he was slower, that allowed me to catch both again. That was just perfect for my non-stop strategy. :p

I think yesterday only 3 drivers stopped for new tyres, that put me in 2nd, position wich I managed to keep to the end easier than I thought before the race. I don't know what could had happened if Manuel had stopped also, but I think he would had won anyways so I'm really happy about my podium.
    Manuel said at the end of the race that his worst tyre was at 6%, but mine was still 21%, so in case Paul had catched me, I could had pushed at least half a second faster to keep my position.

It's going to be interesting for the next race. ;)

• Like Like x 4
  7. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

Well done Ramon and good race from everyone. I for sure suspected the no-stop-strategy but had no plans to adopt to that :D

Csaba was faster but an small mistake let me pass him back, fighting and defending for position will not reduce the wear level as well...:rolleyes:
    But it was fun trying to keep Csaba behind (lasted a while) and later on trying to overtake Ken at the final laps (did after 2 laps or so), him being on a no-stopper strategy.

One should try no-stopper, but not sure I'm up to (or can manage) that restrictive driving style :p

• Like Like x 3
  8. Ken Jagger

A great performance Ramon, I'm envious. I thought I could look after tyres in any sim/mod, but this particular one is proving difficult for me, especially with the tricky handling of the car which I've not really got on top of yet :(.

My F/R tyre went to 0% 2 corners before the flag and yet I felt I wasn't pushing it at all. How you guys get such fast lap times and keep the tyres is beyond me :eek:o_O.

For my race on L1 I touched Csaba, sorry mate, pushing him into a half-spin so I ran slower until he caught me up and I could give him the place back. This also let Jorge through, but I don't think he had done much practice as he quickly lost it at T1/2. After Csaba & Jens both stopped I thought with 12-14 sec gap I might have half a chance of holding on to 4th, but a PC freeze let Csaba back through after he had pretty much caught me anyway, and pulled Jens 6-8 secs closer, so I no longer had a buffer. I managed to hold him off until that tyre blew at the end.....grrrr :D

• Like Like x 4
  9. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Got into the lead after a great start but I couldn't hold off Manuel as I burned through my tyres too quickly and began sliding. After he passed me I had to pit early. Hoped I'd get the undercut on Manuel. Thought it had worked to but as Manuel kept out it became apparent he was on a 1 stopper. I set about trying to catch Ramon but a couple of mistakes and Ramon's great pace meant I couldn't do it before the clock ran out.

Well done Manuel for another excellent performance :)
    Well done Ramon for your excellent drive. :)

• Like Like x 4
  10. Manuel Alves

Manuel Alves Pro Driver

After offline practice it was clear that a no-stop strategy was possible and the quickest option but would be very difficult to do.
    I decided to choose the strategy as the race unfolded.
    Got an ok start but Paul's start was way better. I followed Paul, he was locking tyres and I overtook him.
    At half distance I had 53% tyre left and Paul stopped. I could have stopped but Ramon was too close so I decided to save tyres and go to the end.
    It was close, had 6% tyres left and losing a lot of time at the end.

These 45min races have the ideal duration for mixing strategies. Congratulations.:)

• Like Like x 4
  11. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Hi Ken, Can you unlock the Curitiba topic please?

12. Ken Jagger

Whoops missed that I hadn't done that. It's open now.

• Like Like x 1