rFactor 1 Round 3 Long Beach

Discussion in 'Scirocco V6 World Tour Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Sorry to see you go out at session switch Paul. :(

2. Nikolay Bezrukov

Nikolay Bezrukov Pro Driver

Fun race, I was fastest (maybe except Paul but we couldn't see him in deal) but it's hard to overtake here. Sorry again Fabricio, I understand my mistakes. It was interesting chase you after my drive through, and chase was much easier than the final part of misson. These cars are very unstable so only me and Paul I guess risked much on accelerations - in corners I just stacked behind other drivers and had no ideas how to act, because narrow track didn't allow to choose another way except through the opponent. And even small contact may be a big problem for defender.

Francesco, you were complitely unprepared for this race. Each racer need different time to get used to the car and circuit. And if it possible to me join session 30-40 min before race started and reach good results - I doubt you are. Please test a little before the event, it helps you and racers around, cause your moves here were hard to predict. It's just dangerous.

Thanks all

• Like Like x 2
  3. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

My fault kind of. I was having severe fps stuttering so I left to see if I'd switched off shadows. Nearly didn't make it back in because I didn't know the password then got disconnected. If I'd only checked the ingame settings I'd have seen shadows were turned off. Oh well not to worry but probably lost a chance at a series win which is a shame. Always have to remind myself it's just a game :)

• Like Like x 3
  4. Fabricio Lourenço

Fabricio Lourenço Pro Driver

Race Highlights
    First unfortunately Paul was disconnected from the server, before that I was looking for a fourth place in the race.:)
    I managed to start very well and go to first place, but then I thought maybe a third place would be possible.:cool:
    I was not the fastest, however, as Nikolay said, it is a difficult circuit to overtake, especially with this car.
    I imitated Max Verstapen and took a 360º turn on the track:p but managed to keep up.
    When Jim made a pit stop I thought I would get a second place:rolleyes:
    Then I had a good fight with Nikolay in the middle and at the end of the race. I finished 0.093 ahead:eek:
    I didn't imagine a victory here, it was a very fun race:)
    20190807164324_1.jpg 20190807164407_1.jpg 20190807164442_1.jpg 20190807164849_1.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  5. Fabricio Lourenço

Fabricio Lourenço Pro Driver

It was a good fight !!:)
    And I really take great care in re-accelerating this car,:D:D if not I lose control. Congratulations to you and Paul for being able to control this car well:cool:

• Like Like x 2
  6. Ramon Llupart

Ramon Llupart Pro Driver Donator

Congrats to Fabricio! Well done mate.

This was one of the most entertaining races in a time. I was put in 4th due to Paul CL and somehow managed to did the first laps in a comfortably 5th place.
    The car behaviour wasn't as bad or unpredictable as the previous races, so I was enjoying the race with no errors. But then bang! slight touch on the accel pedal and I found myself stopped looking backwards in the final chicane. :eek:

Lost 3 or 4 places there, but managed to push like I was riding with the devil and catched the group again. Unfortunately something I can't understand happened at that point because someone of the three drivers I had in front lose suddenly all the speed in the main straight, or braked or something but I just smashed my brakes to not hit him, resulting in me crashing against the wall and I think Fabio who was behind me too. o_O

My race was more or less doomed since that moment, because tyres started to disintegrate and also that lapped guy wich every time I found him on track to lap him it was like a near death experience... :confused:

Last laps were super intense and clean ones defending from Marko, he was faster than me but as some previously said, It was quite hard to pass here so I finally managed to finish 6th. In general terms it was a really nice race, and I'm happy because, despite my own driving errors (and other's errors) I finally get in terms with this car. :)

• Like Like x 2
  7. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Sorry for the language. I've had time to cool down. I have spent the morning throwing away my trashed equipment. Yet another keyboard impaled in a monitor. ;)

Well done to Fabricio and the other podium places :)

I will come back even stronger in the second half of the season but it will be difficult to win the series from here as I feared.

• Like Like x 1