Project Cars 2 Round 3 Long Beach

Discussion in 'Classic BMW M1 Procar Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Björn Johansson

Björn Johansson Pro Driver Donator

A bit confused again, no rolling starto_O

3. Ken Jagger

Always check the race page for the start type.
    PC2 Start type.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Sorry for the start in the back :oops::eek: , looked like the car in front stalled or missed the green so swinging left to get around I made contact , I immediately pulled back & let the 2 cars behind me go threw ..

What an epic battle ! My home track (grew up 30 min from Long Beach CA) I've been to a few indy car races here in the past & spent many hrs. sitting in traffic on these streets !
    Sry to see Roger hit the wall ! we had a good battle going on ! & then the last 15 min of chasing Ken & Scot with there battle scared cars was great fun ! Almost squeaked out a win on the last hairpin ! took the inside full throttle 1st gear & got my nose under but the over revved 2nd gear & lost momentum & Scot beat me back to the line ! :p:Dphoto finish !

• Like Like x 2
  5. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Sorry could not make it, Could not get a signal on mobile to unregister.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Rob Milliken

Its to bad Brian did not make it in ..Remember in PC2 the devs added the "2 min lock out" feature , they call it a feature but we call it firkin lame for league use anyway ..it was added to keep people from jumping into MP lobby's without any practice and ruining public lobby's by being all over the place & crashing out ..I wish we could turn it off for leagues use but we can't !
    So remember in PC2 you will be locked out of Practice , Q sessions and Race session when the clock shows 2 min or less so get in EARLY ! the servers are always up with at least 1.5 hrs of practice ..

• Like Like x 1
  7. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan Pro Driver

Maybe the fix would work to set Qualifying and Race 5 minutes later? This should fix the 2 minute problem and more.

8. Scott Ring

Scott Ring Pro Driver

Wow watching the replay is crazy with the car damage and all of Kens rubber build up on my nose! Scary 1st 2 corners sidebyside with Gerhard (I looked a bit shovey in T2;
    I need 3 screens for situational awareness..) Super good battle with Ken until (SORRY! I didnt know or feel it at the time, but I just saw in the replay I bumped him at the end of shoreline) and we both clobbered the wall:oops:.. I wondered why you hadnt gone by me when i overshot the corner.
    Rob, I thought you were gonna take the win with a bump and run:eek:
    Crazy when Gerard got punted upsidown after he slid sideways into the path of another car:eek:

9. Björn Johansson

Ok not sure why alter though? Think rolling start is better, (but thats me)

10. Björn Johansson

So well the start didn´t ruin my race it was when Gerhard got a oversteer in first lefthander ,and sorry but there I was
    couldn´t get out off there.:( So try to race for a half lap but my steering was badly hurt, so I pit and got it sorted.

On my way out in stress I took off pit limiter to soon,arggg :mad:got another 10 sek penalty. So I took up the chase
    and was pretty close when I coming up on Jose second time to lap him, we didn´t get it right.
    So back to chase and passed him then at the last two laps I was gaining on Ken, but at that time my tyre´s where gone .

So I couldn´t get a real chanse to pass him. Yea that was to bad I never really got the chanse to take part off the race
    at the front. :(

Anyway Big thank you to admins for all the fun :p

• Like Like x 3
  11. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

Good practice : P2
    Good Quali: P2
    Race: catastrophy After 3 laps

Good Start, had a discussion with Scott, let him pass.
    Following him and Ken was easy, but when i decided to
    Put pressure on them, i lost the Car. Björn behind me
    Could Not avoid the Crash. Very sorry mate for ruining
    Your race. My Car was on the roof and insisted on staying
    In this position. So i had to retire

Anyway, looking forward to the Glen

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Apologies for the poor showing from me. I was hoping to get some practice but dived straight into qualifying, never drive the car before tonight.

So made a silly mistake on the 1st or 2nd lap I think it was and had to pit and lost a lap for repairs.

Anyway, pushed on as best I could and did ok, managed to hang onto those in front and passed a few who hit trouble.

towards the end though I clipped a wall and did some minor suspension damage. Car didn’t want to turn any more so I just hung on for the finish.

I also had about half a tank of fuel left, and with all that weight it didn’t help my lap times either I would imagine! Lol

anyway, good fun and well done to the finishers.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Rob Milliken

After viewing the replay it looks like It was Jose Branco that I totally took out while trying to go around the car in front of me who must have missed the start? :eek::( so now I feel horrible .. & Then after he regained we tangled again & the result was not good for him .o_O:( I had thought it was Roger I hit on the start so I let him and the other car's go ahead I thought, …. so I was thinking ,ok I gave the spot back so should be good to go . did not even see Jose way back there o_O my bad ,not cool by me ... Jose is the original victim of my actions & I never did a drive threw ... So admin please review the start & feel free to DQ me or add time penalty that puts me last .. :( I'm sorry Jose for ruining your race .. Sux when that happens & you were blindsided . I'm going to go stand in the corner as well for an hr or 2 …...

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 2
  14. Jose Branco

Jose Branco Pro Driver Donator

Hi Rob, thanks for your words but no need for any actions as I take it as a race incident, no hard feelings at all.

My race was hard as I was completely out of the pace, the track, the car and myself we never get aligned o_O, I guess the problem was behind the steering wheel :D.
    I never feel comfortable how the car brakes, try a few things during practice but not improve much, so I always need to brake a little earlier to avoid the wall, what is not very difficult in this track.
    First lap spin take me 30 seconds behind, but its ok I was not in the pace any way so I got clean track to do my thing, a few mistakes on braking and in the middle of the race it happens, I scratch the wall and got the steering wheel pointing left, go to the pits and didn't find the spot to pit :confused:, try it again next lap and there is no spot there o_O, maybe I have this disabled as I need to put all in minimal to have a decent FPS, so I take it like that to the end of the race, the hard part is to keep the car straight in the long (curved) straight.

It was fun looking the front battle every time they pass me :), they are so close that looks like they are towing each other :D.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  15. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

@Björn this video is the proof!!! Stranding start :)
    @ all here we see how to drive a BMW Procar, its racing at its best, astonishing to see Hunt and Alan Jones to go off,
    but best battle ever between Stuck and Winkelhock. F1 champion Denny Hulme should also take part, but he didnt get a license for that car. LOL
    Video looks like a replay from our races, but PC2 has better graphics than reality :rolleyes:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
    " frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  16. Ken Jagger

I was looking good for an unexpected potential win, after slipping past Scott & Gerhard at the fountain on the 1st lap. I had decided to go with a slightly different setup for this race to try and look after the front tyres, so wasn't pushing to get away from Scott after he recovered, only to keep him behind. For some reason my rear brakes were overheating, which they hadn't done in practice/qual, even though I had opened up the ducts a bit. For most of he race I was constantly trying to find a brake bias which wouldn't hurt the tyres, but still had some major unexpected lockups all the same.

I seemed to have enough top speed to hold Scott off on the main straight, as long as I got off the final turn quickly enough, but then eventually he got the draft enough to get closer, but under braking for T1 with me being careful on the brakes for the reasons above, he got into the back of my car which put us both into the wall. It became clear very quickly, not just from the overlay telling me I had SEVERE DAMAGE and asking me to pit, but I could feel it in the steering, suspension and bodywork such that I was running 2-3 secs slower at least than previously. My top speed must've been 10mph + slower as I got eaten up on the front straight, by both Scott and eventually Rob too. I was pretty lucky to be able to hold off Bjorn on the final 2 laps when he also caught me, which was a bit odd as the HUD overlay was telling me he was 14 secs behind o_O.

I really liked this sim version of the track too, so will definitely use it again in future.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Ken Jagger

Ahh my mistake, that was the gap to the leader not to me :oops:

18. Ken Jagger

Not sure why but our server didn't record the race results and the backup process of me taking screenshots of Qual & Race also failed due to Operator error :oops:. I've therefore obtained the positional results from the replay and manually created the results tables from those, however they are without lap times and I've also guessedtulated o_O the number of laps completed.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Björn Johansson

Yes its easy to get confused with those times table, spec during racing try to figure out the real distans :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Rob Milliken

Ken I just checked & the results are there on the server ..I have downloaded them and will screen shot you the Q & R sessions ..

• Winner Winner x 1