rFactor 1 Round 3 Manfield

Discussion in 'Osella PA20 Sportscar Sprints Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

• Like Like x 1
  2. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Qualification
    Good lap for 2nd :)

Race
    Got a really horrible start unable to get any traction of the line and I fell to 4th. By the end of the 2nd lap I was back up to 2nd but Jim was already 3 to 4 seconds ahead and pulling away. By the time I had to pit for the 1st stop Jim was out of sight so I was surprised to find myself in the lead of the race when he and everyone else took there first visit to the pits. Think Jim said after the race he had spun coming into the pits. Easily done I did it several times in practice so knew to take it a bit easy. Found in the warmup the pit lane speed had gone up but wasn't sure whether this would be the case for the race. After the 2nd round of pitstops I found myself with almost a pit stop worth of gap to Ken. Not sure what else had happened to Jim but his push for the win was now over as he was in 4th place. I started slowing down but as is sometimes the case I actually went faster putting in several sub 1:37's a 1:36.4 being my fastest lap of the race. Weird that but if you slow down thru the corners you slide less and gain more time. Came home to take an unexpected win :)

Well done to Ken and Ramon for the podiums :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Ramon Llupart

Ramon Llupart Pro Driver Donator

My qualy was a mess so I didn't even set a lap time, same as Jorge so last place for both of us. :cool:

In the start it was a bit weird because I found myself second or third in just one corner. Tried to push but lost a lot of time every lap in the first corner. My race wasn't bad at all but I just tried to do an extra lap before coming to pits. Huge error because tyres drop suddenly from one corner to the other, and I went from one spun to another in the entire lap. Such a horrible tyres. :mad:

At the end I was 2nd (don't know exactly how on earth) but in the last lap, I was out of fuel so I lost the place against Ken, shame but that was my error for putting 44l instead of 46l. :(

The car isn't bad but oh God those tyres... o_O
    Congrats Paul and see you next one!

• Like Like x 1