Assetto Corsa Round 3 Monaco 72 - Thu Aug 6, 2020

Discussion in 'TC Legends league Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Caitlin Penny

Caitlin Penny Pro Driver Media Group

Today's race will be broadcasted here as usual! Good luck, all!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Bill Grewcock

Bill Grewcock Pro Driver

Can't join server ... says no available slots. It looks like two Mustangs are available and both are already taken :mad:

3. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

I'll mention it in game chat !!

4. Bill Grewcock

Bill Grewcock Pro Driver

Great, thank you Laurent :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

You can get in the Mustang now Bill. Updated the server.

6. Bill Grewcock

Bill Grewcock Pro Driver

En route ... thanks John :)

7. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

Have had grandchildren here for the whole week so been off from comp.
    Havent never ever finished Monaco online so that was the goal ( but didnt, i got dropped under the track :D )
    but had some good racing there too when drove around with @John vd Geest .
    Then at half point somewhere car was so damaged that threw it into the sea and got damages repaired
    but the downside was full tank of fuel. Managed to do 1.45's on full tank and best at 1.45.4 so found some
    pace towards the end.
    gz podium and finishers.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Maddie Shepherd

Maddie Shepherd Pro Driver

Had a pretty fun race overall apart from the first lap. Not sure what happened at the start with my launch but I didn't go anywhere. I got squeezed a lot going up the hill and then the incident at the chicane happened. Not sure what caused it but I got smashed from behind and there was a pileup. After that I was down into 17th and managed to recover back all the way to 7th which isn't too bad. Highlight of my race was definitely the great battle with @Michał Mazurek :)

Congrats to all the finishers and the podium.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Michał Mazurek

Michał Mazurek Pro Driver

It's me and my Alfa:(

sorry everyone

• Like Like x 3
  10. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

What incident at the chicane ? A friend of mine told me there was a race at Monaco so I was coming to the track to see the beasts, unfortunately I got cought in a terrible traffic jam alongside the harbour. Did I miss something ? :D

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Ted Hough

Ted Hough Pro Driver

Speaking of incidents - wanted to apologize in advance because I feel like the Turn-1 start incident was most likely my fault. I know me and Laurent both had nice, fast starts and I think I thought I had potentially cleared him into Turn-1 but I quite clearly hadn't as we both had to be careful to not hit the Mustang in front of us. I ended up having to coast for longer than I normally would on entry and that resulted in me driving in too tightly into Laurent, I think. I say "I think" Because I run an app that displays damage and a radar and I didn't see any contact made - but regardless I think that's because Laurent had to possibly avoid me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Maddie Shepherd

Maddie Shepherd Pro Driver

Can anyone upload the full race replay?

13. Ted Hough

Ted Hough Pro Driver

I didn't get the first few laps despite only having it in High quality and giving it a disgusting amount of Data to work with, sorry. :/

14. Kimi Martikainen

Kimi Martikainen Pro Driver

As I planned battleship Bismark became U-boat 300 SEL at certain point, went to youtube after that and watch race there..... :)

• Funny Funny x 4
  15. Ted Hough

Ted Hough Pro Driver

Well it is a historical league after all. So some German U-boats in French waters only makes sense! :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  16. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

@Caitlin Penny I let then pass me.
    Not my champ nor race and those 3 second per lap faster.
    No point in traffic jam at the early stages.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

phew that was a tough challenge in the heat last night. Finished the race drenched in sweat, not helped by constant sawing at the wheel while wearing a Rift for an hour and half :eek:
    Qualied in 7th or 8th. Got a good clean start and managed to avoid the bogged down BMW, keeping my place or even gaining one as we headed up the hill. Saw an orange BMW lose it big time but had plenty of room to get past until the guy next to me turned into me and put me into the wall very hard :mad: whereby i lost a place or two and incurred early damage. Then at the harbour chicane at the end of the lap the guys ahead somehow managed to crash and just knew that would result in a big pileup as the rest of the field came around. I was very fortunate in being able to squeeze behind their stricken cars before the mayhem ensued. :)
    I had some good chases and battles in the top 5 for a while before i got a horrid understeer moment at T1 and got spun by the armco. This allowed John and Toni past, so cursing i set off after them. Toni pulled aside, thought he must be damaged? but grateful anyway and i got past john at the first hairpin with a nifty undercut. :) Enjoyed a good long 3 way battle with Laurents BMW and MM's Alfa for 5th place late on but when our relative pit stops shook out we became separated by quite a few seconds each and i had a fairly quiet run to finish a decent and hard earned 6th place :cool:
    Lovely track mod and cars looked fantastic again and as usual thoroughly enjoyed watching Caitlans video afterwards :cool::)
    Utterly bemused and impressed that Jeff could steer a brute of a Mustang around the principality with such pace and without needing 5 pitstops for new tyres :D

• Like Like x 2
  18. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

• Like Like x 5
  19. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

Thanks for the replay Maxime!

Qualified in P2, very happy about that. Hoped to be in front for a trouble free start to the race. With 3 incidents in little more than the first lap that surely wasn't the case.. The mustangs were faster of the line as expected. In T1 I had to hold off a bit for the mustang in front but got clipped twice by Michal. He took the advantage and didn't give the position back. I was following him close down the chicane where he hit the chicane wall and I couldn't avoid him. Losing some more places. On lap 2 I got a much better entry than Kimi going uphill, I placed my car next to him but he must not have seen me and I collided with the camera guy on the side.. pretty nasty accident, lost more places (now in P13) and the slightest suspension damage with my steering wheel pulling very slightly to the right. It wasn't that much of a deal and I could continue the whole race with it.

I had some pretty good overtakes and was working my way up the field until I was behind Michal again. He was going very defensive and at the times clearly blocking me. That was very frustrating as he did hit me in T1 (at that time I wasn't sure it was him) but also crashed in front of me in the chicane causing me to lose a lot of places. In my opinion it would only have been fair to give the place back.. Still ended in P5, not bad, not great. I might have been able to challenge for P4 if Michal wasn't blocking me perhaps.

Here is the replay of the first lap..

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Michał Mazurek

Michał Mazurek Pro Driver

I am downright stupid about it, but I was not aware that it was you that I had contact with, otherwise I would do the right thing.
    At the moment, I was driving defensively because I was just racing and that's it
    Bad race, bad day, I'll take the next race penalty if you wish
    Regards

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1