Assetto Corsa Comp Round 3 Monza

Discussion in 'ACC World Tour Series 4 Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

R3 MONZA.jpg
    Registration

Round 3 MONZA !

The iconic name says it all - 90 min of hi-speed intensity
    Race start time 19:20 GMT (in game clock time 4pm time excel x3) this should have us racing into the sunset !
    Race start : short formation lap with position control and UI
    Practice: 17:00 GMT (2 hr session, in game time is set to match in game race time above)
    Q Time: 19:00 (15 min)
    Server is up !

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
  2. Alex Sander

Alex Sander Pro Driver

I'll be missing this one gents :( Will be out of town that weekend.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

i un-signed a few days ago too, got a birthday bbq this weekend in the 30+ degree heat. Enjoy gents.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Rob Milliken

5. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Too hot for me in Holland to race. 95 F. ppfff.

6. Larry Thomas

Larry Thomas Pro Driver Donator

95°F? Are you sure? That is only 35°C.

7. Michael Abrunhosa

Michael Abrunhosa Pro Driver

Thanks again for tonight. One of the best races I’ve had in a while. The battle with Jeff was epic, only for me to lose it on the last lap! Great wheel to wheel action there. I took a gamble with not changing tyres, wasn’t sure if you were going to or not

• Like Like x 2
  8. Rob Milliken

Remember John's delicate ..lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Great battle at the start, nice side by side action with zero contact. Made a judgement error when you overtook me, I thought I could manage by going back to the racing line, but I wasn't able to power out of Parabolica fast enough. I kept losing half a second at Ascari, so I hoped my strategy would save me, but we were pretty much on the the strategy, so I only gained 2 seconds or so.
    After the stops you were mostly gaining half a second a lap again, so I was settling in for second, but then with 20 minutes to go, the weather popped up, saying it would rain in 10 minutes. That gave me some hope again, as it would be the only way for me to get a chance, because your dry pace was too fast.
    The last few laps were really tricky, on slicks that are 85 minutes old, in the wet during the night on a low downforce track like Monza...a combination you really don't want to have.
    I didn't deserve this one, never did I have the pace to go for the win.

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  10. I just make my t-shirt wet with water, that way it cools me during the race. I won't me winning any wet t-shirt contest soon tho.

11. Rob Milliken

Michael Leeds most laps ! all but the last lap :eek:;)
    Assetto Corsa Competizione Screenshot 2020.08.08 - 14.38.21.62.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Rob Milliken

Ruskus wins again !
    After a tight battle, Last lap mishaps put Ruskus in P-one with 1 to go !

Assetto Corsa Competizione Screenshot 2020.08.08 - 14.38.41.70.jpg

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Rob Milliken

Mid pack battles were epic !
    Assetto Corsa Competizione Screenshot 2020.08.08 - 14.45.22.13.jpg Assetto Corsa Competizione Screenshot 2020.08.08 - 14.43.05.75.jpg

14. Rob Milliken

So how did you guys like the start ? I'm sold ..:oops::D We will continue to use the formation lap with position control and UI
    Assetto Corsa Competizione Screenshot 2020.08.08 - 14.29.02.83.jpg

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

Well I tried the mother of all undercuts from the back of the grid, pitting after just 20 minutes to top up with fuel.
    Was close but not close enough, ended up 11 seconds behind Jeff after he had pitted.
    Was slowly closing (but wouldn't have caught up) but had a spin trying to get a run on a blue flagger.

Good fun with the rain at the end, final lap was rather sketchy through Curva Grande on full throttle :eek::eek:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

Good to see the admin take suggestions into account like this :cool:
    A little ghosting of cars off the line whilst drivers found their green widget, but on the run to the line all looked lined up great.
    I was praying no red DT popped up next to drivers names after the start. :D

• Like Like x 1