Assetto Corsa Comp Round 3 Monza

Discussion in 'ACC GT MC Winter Championship Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Joseph Morgan

Joseph Morgan Pro Driver

haha.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Joseph Morgan

Joseph Morgan Pro Driver

I took the start very carefully to save tires and fuel. In fact, i did that until I made My pitstop.

3. Joseph Morgan

Joseph Morgan Pro Driver

Does anyone need the replay file as I saved it and the highlights.

4. Simon Gymer

Simon Gymer Pro Driver

I wasn't intending to stop no. I think I probably would have had to take a splash at the end, but was going to give it a go. I had used 60 litres at 45:00 so not convinced. An incident with a GT3 car put paid to finding out though, which was very dissappointing.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

1st sorry for not speaking, my keyboard battery gave up so had to use a spare which had a dodgy wire, so I was able to enter password but it disconnected once I put it down :oops:

Every race so far I've just had a splash and dash with no tyres.
    I thought carrying a lot of full here would be bad so went for a pit midway, and a tyre change. I guess the low fuel allowed me to pull around 1 second per lap on the cars behind for the first part. After the pit I had to wait and see what others were doing, were they taking tyres or not?
    Fortunately after all the pitstops I still had a 20 second lead.

All of the GT4s were great when lapping them (and the GT3s too)

Couple of close incidents:-
    when I went between Rob and Norman heading to Lesmo 1 (I think Norman lifted to let me pass, maybe Rob didn't spot me behind, and things got close) :eek:

Later in the race, I had a bit of a divebomb on Norman into the 2nd chicane, but it seemed like he saw me coming so braked early - thank you :cool:

Congrats podiums.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Monza usually not so much tyres..next time, if free from work and got beer, ill do race without tyrechange :D

7. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

Last edited: Oct 31, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Norman Bruce

Norman Bruce Pro Driver

It's not easy to judge the GT 3 cars as they close in so quick.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

10. Joseph Morgan

Joseph Morgan Pro Driver

I was going easy at the start to save fuel and tires and was not really worried about you getting away as i was on full fuel. put far too much fuel on and changed tires. 61 litres of fuel at end. I fully agree with you about how good the other racers were in terms of lapped traffic. Congrats all and that was a fast, faultless drive Williams. You deserved every bit of that win.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Joseph Morgan

Joseph Morgan Pro Driver

Thanks especially Rob for REALLY moving out of the way when we came to pass you. Same with everyone else.

12. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

Sorry I didn't let you guys know I wouldn't be attending. My dog managed to injure one of her legs very badly yesterday so I spent pretty much all day (and last night!) down stairs with her away from the PC.
    A shame as this track might have favored my Merc.

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  13. Larry Thomas

Larry Thomas Pro Driver Donator

Sorry to hear about your dog Tim.:( Hope she will completely recover.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Joseph Morgan

Joseph Morgan Pro Driver

Likewise I hope she will be all right and its a pity you were missing.

15. Joseph Morgan

Joseph Morgan Pro Driver

I reckon on reflection that I should have made my race setup a bit faster and more oversteery than it was, as My car was not very fast in the race, but was good in quali. It was my quali setup, but with less point and oversteer. I think I made too to safe.

16. Matteo Santini

Matteo Santini Pro Driver

Sorry about that Jeff. I hope you'll be able to solve your network issues soon and come back racing with us :)