rFactor 1 Round 3 Nelson Ledges

Discussion in 'VW Scirocco V6 Cup Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

2. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Just tested this car for 40minutes and wow, leave your brains behind and drive :D
    Dont know where you dig these mods out but ever since R2P you seemed to have great events,
    starting from E21's and so forth: RWD, pedal to the metal and no extra hassle.

Felt fun but on a side note, track was too narrow for me, crashed 50% or so :)

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Ken Jagger

It's good to know that some of our mod choices meet the approval of the great Tony T! :D

4. Murat Ozsarac

Murat Ozsarac Pro Driver

I might miss this race, been at the hospital all day and still am. Even if i can get back home on time it will be difficult to find the energy to sit behind the wheel and rotate it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

Interesting track, never drove it before. I definitively missed something until today.

Qualifying effort was good, at the last lap I drove my personal best. Could not be better, then i was "hunted" by Scott but I was able to manage the gap. The situation was: it seemed that I was faster at the first two sectors (likely because of the downforce) but maybe a bit too careful with the gas pedal in the last two corners. Additionally I tried to save as much tyre life as I could to stay in front of him. But suddenly they dropped massively down the cliff.
    I made then a mistake into the last corner, but not because of the tyres itself but rather I searched the request pitstop button.
    Therefore it is a suprise that I was able to beat Cesare, which is a miracle :p

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ken Jagger

I too was more than a little surprised to pull back to and pass Cesare only a few laps into the race and then pull away with Toni hanging on behind me. I knew it would be a tyre limiting race and tried hard not to abuse them early on with the car heavy with fuel.
    That worked ok for many laps and on this type of track with no obvious passing places, it was going to be down to errors to decide the outcome. Sure enough I made my first one which let Toni into the lead, but then I was able to slowly close the small gap again, until my 2nd error gave him a much bigger gap.With just under 10 mins to go I decided to change my strategy and stop for tyres, which meant I had to fight back from I think 6th place.
    I got one place when Philipp stopped and I was then hunting Scott down at 2-3 secs/lap quicker, but then error three happened when I clipped the grass coming out of T1, gifting him a gap I couldn't recover in the remaining 2-3 laps. Imagine my surprise when Cesare stopped on the last lap, letting me through into 3rd at the finish. It was a fun and enjoyable race with IMO a high-class driver entry which made it more enjoyable for me :)

7. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Was great racing and hunting Ken down for the 1st half of the race. Gap was .5 of second most of the time but there was no safe pass.
    I just kept it nonstop on Ken and little past half race got the lead.
    After that I noticed that my tyre is going to explode way before end of the race so started slowing down on fast right handers.
    Luckily had the luxury to finish race at the pace i wanted to and bring it home.
    I think in the end Ken would have taken it without mistake. He drove very easy on all right handers at 1st half of the race where as I
    really massacred my left front trying to get a pass.

Anyhow ty all, crazy fun :p

• Like Like x 1
  8. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Me too. Doesnt really happen too often :)
    He was all mighty on that long right hand turn in sector 2. Lost .4 seconds there in one fuckin corner...

9. Scott Ring

Scott Ring Pro Driver

We missed you Murat. Toni, Impressive your tire lasted that long at that pace.
    About the time I was thinking that I had saved too much tire and was juggling in my mind whether to push hard, Philipp messed up and made my decision for me; Now just determined not to pit and not to have mistakes like the last 2 rounds.. Then came Ken...almost.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Cesare Pomarici

Cesare Pomarici Pro Driver

Congratulations to Tony for the tightness of his tires, if I did his time trial after 30 laps I should have done the pit.
    I thought I could do a lap less but I managed the tires badly and I had to do the pit at the last lap .. pity:)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Scott Ring

Scott Ring Pro Driver

Ed disappeared at the start...disco?

12. Ken Jagger

Yes when the session changed :(

13. Edward Jones

Edward Jones Pro Driver Donator

Actually Scott, I just couldn't stand the shame of being the slowest car.:( Lol, just kidding. Sadly, I'm used to it. Yeah, got disco'd when it switched to race.

• Funny Funny x 1