Round 3 Nordschleife Endurance Series - Sun Feb 9, 2020

Discussion in 'Porsche GT3 Cup challenge (S397) Closed' started by John vd Geest, Oct 27, 2019.

1. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

its the cup setup and im not too experienced with the mod. just made it safe lol
    and its allmost the same i run with last round which was my 1st race ever but
    noticed that front runners couldnt get away so cant be all bad.
    i raised car to the max since its special track and lots bumping going on, figured
    that when tyres run out, best not to bottom.

2. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

I know where the track goes left and right, but there's a lot to learn. I think I will focus on finishing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. David Plummer

David Plummer Pro Driver

Hi all, unfortunately with my family commitments at the moment i will not be able to make the race today. I wish you all the very best of luck.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Is it me or is there no grip on the GP circuit. Feels like driving on ice until you get to the Green Hell proper. Going to be a good race especially if we get a large grid :)

5. John vd Geest

Probably low tire pressure in the beginning.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Juan Ramos

Juan Ramos Pro Driver

Hi just entered something in chat box. I want to know if it’s too late to get in race, I didn’t understand what TC Settings aggressive-lowest meant and I put on traction ctrl. I understand now and have shut it off.

7. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Wheel came of in my Q lap but was pretty straights so managed it.
    Happened again in lap 1. Tried to push it then but little damage on steering and pushing made me
    crash again.
    Start of this year has been disaster in every race and series :D

had fun as long as it lasted.

8. John vd Geest

You mean, it came off from the table? What a nightmare :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Jason Whited

Jason Whited Pro Driver

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  10. John vd Geest

Sorry for the night qual guys. I thought it was fixed, but apparently not.

Racereport:

Complete disaster !! But that was to be expected LOL :D:p:eek::rolleyes::confused:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Gert-Jan van Osch

Gert-Jan van Osch Pro Driver

I found out that drinking at a party last night and having little sleep is not helping concentration during a race... Had a good start and on the 1st lap I was close on Paul's tail... But decided to stay behind him on cold tyres... Then I mad a stupid mistake and spun the car but could continue without damage in 5th place.... half a lap later I saw Toni standing in the barriers... I was able to get into 2nd place and tried to do a quick lap time. 8.19 but Paul was already to far ahead to catch... I decided to try to keep 2nd place but then I spun and Jason passed me... I had a little bit of damage to the front but everything else was fine. Then a couple of laps later I had a big collision and suffered big suspension damage. I continued but it felt more like driving a drift car... Due to a lot more mistakes Roman could catch up again, but I was still faster in the twisty second... In the end we finished nose to tail....

All in all happy finishing 3rd but not pleased with my own driving tonight... Cheers!!!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Bubán Dávid

Bubán Dávid Pro Driver

This was a hell. I didn't know that the endurance pack is that much slower (40km/h) than the supercup so I was doomed from the beginning. At least I learnt something today and I finished with some luck.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Gert-Jan van Osch

Gert-Jan van Osch Pro Driver

I enjoyed the night qualifying... :) Reminded me of the start of the Bathurst 12H

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. John vd Geest

Oke ... You can all thank me for the night qualifying :p

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

I see this differently Jason. First my move into T1 was a good overtake. Thanks for giving me the room. It may have been a robust move but I feel it was OK. The weaving down the straight was again a ligament attempt to prevent you getting the tow IMO. If this isn't OK and I seen it done many time then I apologise. You were a fair way behind. Had you been closer I wouldn't have done it. I think all my other defending was a one move and stick to a line. I don't remember you going on the grass. Again if my move was aggressive then I'm sorry but the car in front is entitled to take whatever line he like without weaving around in the braking zone. Which I don't think I did. If you want to take further then file a protest. As far as I concerned it was great racing with you and I hope this doesn't sour our racing going forward.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

It was great. We need a night race here. Or a date to night race :)

17. Filip Fojt

Filip Fojt Pro Driver

Hi, sorry for chat in quali mates.. My bad. I had like 15x Connection Lost..maybe more! Then I finally got to server after almost 40 minutes of trying, it was few minutes before Quali ends. I clicked race quickly, made it like 10 meters out of garage and got instant DQ !.. The think is, it wasn't even dark so I couldn't know it's "night" quali and I should use lights.. Anyway this CL and DQ that was too much to realize I'm chatting during Q.. Sorry again. I hate this CL issue, again today it was so close to uninstall rF2.. I would really do it if i couldn't enjoy this race, this car and track <3

• Like Like x 1
  18. John vd Geest

I got the answer to the night qual.
    he Qual time start is set within the track files by the developer. Nothing you can do to change that in the server setup.

Yeah, that's a good idea :)

19. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

Congrats Paul. It takes a lot to win here. I had fun with Filip. I let a few faster guys by, no need to slow the party down. Had fun. Didn't even touch the wall once...until the last lap where it all went to hell. Strange how that happens.

On to the next track.

• Like Like x 1
  20. John vd Geest

No problem Filip. It's just an observation that there's something being done, that's not allowed. It's not personal.

• Like Like x 1