Round 3 Nordschleife Endurance Series - Sun Feb 9, 2020

Discussion in 'Porsche GT3 Cup challenge (S397) Closed' started by John vd Geest, Oct 27, 2019.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

NO SHOWS

The following drivers have been removed from the series as no-shows:

Paulo Lima
    Martyn McLune
    Michael LaBelle
    Vlad Tokarev

Thanks to the members who took the time to unregister.

2. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

So you're on track and you driving like a god. The lap is turning into the best lap of your live. You know the track. You know each corner and you are nailing it. Your lap time is going to be awesome. You've survived the Green Hell and there's the finish line. What's your lap time. WTF!! Oh fek that was the out lap. NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!. BUGGER. OK, OK I can do it again can't I. Focus. Focus HAIRPIN!!!!!!!!!!

Was surprised to qualify 2nd but could have been a pole as it was a much faster lap before I threw it off so lucky to get an 8:22 think it could have been a sub 8:20.

The race started well and when I saw Gert go off behind me the pressure from behind was gone. Then Toni went off it front of me and I was in the lead. Now just 8 laps of the Green Hell and take the win. How hard can it be? The first 5 laps were excellent no problems and so great lap times (for me). Then I got a bit too confident and the track attacked me. I span hitting the wall at both ends. Now the car drove badly and the steering was a bit bent. My lead to Jason reduced from 22 seconds to 10. Another couple of mistakes due to fighting the car which was very difficult to drive and Jason drove past me at the end of track after another hit with the wall. Thought that was that. Then at the end of the start/finish straight I missed my braking point and did an excellent overtake (well I thought so anyway) and I was back in front. Now I had to hang of for a lap. Jason launch attack after attack but I defended (well I thought). But it wasn't the last lap with 33 seconds to go I had to do another one. No chance of hanging on this time but just before the Nord track started Jason hit me in the braking zone and span. I now had a 10 second lead. I couldn't believe that I held on with a car that was a real handful to control.

Well done to the podiums :)
    Well done to all who finished and commiserations to those who didn't :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Jason Whited

Jason Whited Pro Driver

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
  4. Paulo Lima

Paulo Lima Pro Driver

Sorry guys, forgot i registered for this series..

5. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

As I say I see it differently.

Firstly the overtake into T1. You didn't give me the corner I took it. Once a car is alongside you kind of have no choice. Oh and what's going to really piss you off is that it was a complete and utter fluke. I never intended to overtake you. I just slightly missed my braking points. So thanks for that ;)

Secondly you seem to have no grasp of the SRO rules on blocking or even what is or isn't blocking. I at no stage reacting to you moving. The replay quite clearly shows that my car was the first to make the move every time down the straight. The car in front is always entitled to take their own lines unless they are overly reacting to the car behind and causing that car to react e.g. slam on brakes. Every time you move to get back behind me. If you're going to quote the rules at me please understand them first.

At the end of the straight you say I forced you onto the grass and yet your car is quite clearly behind mine. You had absolutely no overlap with my car. So how the hell did I force you on to the grass. Again you made a mistake that you are trying to blame on some else.

I have no doubt you will beat me time and time again. You are a good racer and a very fast driver. Yes you should have won this race.

I am more than happy for an admin to look at this. Therefore I am going to raise a protest on myself. I am a fair driver and when I've done something wrong I own up to it whether it's in the actual race by letting cars back past or drive thru, or when I look at the replay afterwards.

Now how do I raise a protest?

6. John vd Geest

If you're still in, all the better. I thought you lost interest :)
    Sign back up please.

7. Jason Whited

Jason Whited Pro Driver

8. Jason Whited

Jason Whited Pro Driver

@Series admin....where can I get the server replay from this race, please?
    I'd like to provide details, rather than a general protest on this, and need the replay for timestamps.

9. John vd Geest

Guys, can you take this to a private room please? Use the mail.

10. John vd Geest

I will upload it later tonight.

11. Jason Whited

Jason Whited Pro Driver

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Excellent. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. John vd Geest

14. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

Not that I mind the night qualy but I'm pretty sure we did day qualy in the VLN series we run here late 2019.
    But kind of on topic, bring back the VLN series :D

But as race report, P5 was on-pair with my pace and no bigger mistakes so satisfied with that result :)

15. Jason Whited

Jason Whited Pro Driver

@Paul Anstey Firstly, I'm going to edit my other posts in this thread, it was too much fun [overall] to have had an argument in the end. I was out of line to add them to this thread.
    Just watching those final few laps, and the footage is great. You put up a good fight, and I mucked up in T1 and left the door wide open and you took nice advantage of it.
    I've yet to congratulate your win as well. Congrats!

Secondly, I am still going to file this protest knowing a 'warning' is the only penalty, if there is one. If it was more severe, I'd simply ask for clarity, and that's all I'm looking for by filing this protest. Perhaps SRO allows this, perhaps not, but a good 'incident' to learn how things are interpreted here. If need be, I'll adjust in such instances accordingly.
    I was once reprimanded elsewhere for such weaving. The scenario almost identical, but I was the car in front. There, and other places I race, it is as I said. But I concede it may be different here, and if so, ok.

Also using this space to second Jens request to bring a VLN series :D

• Like Like x 2
  16. John vd Geest

A "warning" is not the only penalty given here at SRO. There have been multiple incidents where a drive-through, time penalty or otherwise have been sanctioned. Or worse.
    Depends on the seriousness of the violation.

17. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

I too would like clarification on this as I don't see what I did wrong. But if I did then fair enough I'll take what ever penalty that applies.

I apologise for some things I said in my thread. I too was out of line and have deleted it.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Jason Whited

Jason Whited Pro Driver

Ok, I see then. I was simply going by the 2.2 Blocking rules as laid out in the SRO online racing rules.
    First offense: a warning.
    Second offense: the driver is disqualified from the event.

19. John vd Geest

Oh oke, yes in the case blocking you are right :)

20. Michael LaBelle

Michael LaBelle Pro Driver

Hi
    I see I have been eliminated from the series as a no show. I was on the server till before qualification. I did about 4 laps and during each I experienced screen freezes at a rate of 2 or 3 big ones and lots of small flickers. I decided not to race and ruin some one else's race and left the server.
    I think I am having bigger issues with my computer. A new one is on the -to get list- I just do not have the time to do that. I think it is the track, as I had problems off line too.
    Any way I did mention this to the admin while on the server on the chat line. I explained why I was leaving and left.

Regards
    Michael.

• Like Like x 1