rFactor 2 Round 3 Nordschleife / Saturday 30 November 2019

Discussion in 'The Nordschleife Challenge Series Closed' started by Nigel Middleton, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Mark Hightree

Mark Hightree Administrator Staff Member Donator

No apologies necessary :) I had fun chasing you. Just when I got within striking distance I made mistakes. That was a very hard race. And I forgot about what a bad effect sunlight in the room can have on my screens when the race went to night. I could barely see the road. Lesson learned. Was lucky to finish on the lead lap after pitting twice for repairs. Grats to Jason, Henri and Veli-Matti. And well done to everyone who had the courage to show up for this one of a kind challenge. I guess the only thing to make it more challenging would be to throw in some rain just after sunset :) Maybe someday. See you all at the final round.

• Like Like x 1
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  2. Henri Miettinen

Henri Miettinen Pro Driver

This time I switched to Porsche and I didn't practice at all, so Veli-Matti sent me a setup, and you all got it :D It was a fun race until the pit stop. The first four drove very close to the first laps. Then Marc made a mistake and I took to third place, and little moment later Veli-Matti also made a mistake and I got up to second place. Then I caught Jason and tried to pressure him to make a mistake, and finally it happen and I took to first place just final lap before to pitstop, but end of the lap the was a jump and my car jumped to the sideways and hit to the wall, but I didn't lose much time in it. Then things got worse. I lost at the pit stop for 14 seconds, and then I tried desperately to catch up with Jason, but I tried too hard and hit the wall a couple of times. Then I gave up and lost all focus (because driving alone was so boring:D), so I hit the wall again and got some damage. Rest of the race I ran slowly to the finish line.

Grats Jason!:cool: and I apologize for giving you the victory too easily :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Henri Miettinen

No problem. I just laughed at it :D

4. Jason Whited

Jason Whited Pro Driver

Excellent race. :cool:

..more later, but need to rest first :confused:

5. Henri Miettinen

But the good news is that I didn't have freezes now. Maybe I got it fixed. Requires more test.

6. Didier Coelo

Didier Coelo Pro Driver

yes Paul I was 7th but to stay with you, so that your lights guide me, I did not execute my DT :p
    not serious

7. Jason Whited

Jason Whited Pro Driver

Really enjoyed this race.
    I've registered for the final event as well, and hopefully I will make that one so we can put @Henri Miettinen to the test about giving me 'easy wins' :D
    Too bad about the slight mistakes you had...I was quite looking forward to a close finish, and was stressing about being able to defend P1 as you were faster in the windy bits (basically, the entire forest and anywhere else a corner happened to be...but the lower wings proved their worth for me as well. Finding a balance is definitely the key)

Intend to have a bit more pace next time.
    This round, I found myself with problems. I had managed and driven a Porsche Cup car at the P1 Gaming 24hr Nords race a few weeks ago. I did a lot of prepping for that race with my team, and it'd been a while since I lapped the place with the GT3.

I found myself driving the GT3 like I'd been driving the Cup car...braking too early, not realizing how much grip I had (the Cup car doesn't have much...hehe)
    Giving far too much steering input at times :rolleyes: In fact, damn near killed myself attempting what should have been a very simple overtake on Veli. It can be seen in Veli's stream at 8:15-8:20. I stepped out from behind, give far too much input, and had a big 170mph tank slapper :eek: Hilarious noob like moment! :oops:
    So keeping a decent pace was tough, and I was relearning the limits as I went. I'll put in some practice time for the next one, hopefully.

Big thanks to SRO for putting this on...and grats to all finishers as this course always claims many victims and is a challenge like no other.

:cool:

• Like Like x 1