Assetto Corsa Round 3 Nurburgring

Discussion in 'FKR Formula 3 Championship Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Mar 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

• Like Like x 2
  2. Martijn van t Land

Martijn van t Land Pro Driver

Cool!
    Question, is the race on the GP track as the server is now?
    When looking at the resultpage of Nurburgring it says Sprint....

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Rob Milliken

Thx Martin Good find ! I was wondering about that ..:D ..
    fixed !

4. @Rob Milliken a bit confused with layout. We will race GP or Sprint? thx

5. Rob Milliken

It is the Sprint ,
    If in doubt you can always look on the event page for the championship..:) Desktop Screenshot 2018.04.24 - 13.03.03.36.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Patrik Trefny

Patrik Trefny Pro Driver

guys, just for curiosity - anyone knows what was changed to F3 cars in 2017? I watched some replays from FIA F3 champ on Sprint circuit and in 2017 were cars about 15 seconds slower compared to years before.

7. @Rob Milliken would you mind to update weather setting on Server from clear Sky to add light clouds? It will make better picture of the sim.

8. Rob Milliken

Remember the online clouds don't work/look the same as the off line clouds , remember back when you had issues with the dynamic lighting on the server ? that's caz i had the clouds on .... I will try again ...but they are so ugly ..lol

9. I see. Yeah we can try again to see. I checked recent RD race with weather settings - Mid Clouds, no visible issues on recorded stream.

10. Rob Milliken

IDK what they do but we have the drop down from acserverlauncher to add the weather code to the server_cfg you can select from a few like clear , light clouds, med clouds, fog .. Its now set to 'light clouds' but it looks like its all overcast on the server ..so IDK whats up

11. If you like - you can try to set in through config file directly, here is description:

[WEATHER_0] ; mandatory section for weather.
    GRAPHICS=3_clear ; it's exactly one of the folder name that you find into "content\weather" directory
    http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?faq/dedicated-server-manual.28/

12. We are getting bigger!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. Patrik Trefny

Patrik Trefny Pro Driver

Vermin Racing power play :D

14. Tommi Tanttu

Tommi Tanttu Pro Driver

Great to see new drivers! Now that we have over 10 drivers do we have reverse grid for TOP10 or all?

15. @Rob Milliken I think we should return weather to Clear Sky (currently I can't see track very well). I have an idea how I can change clouds settings on my side only. I'll share latter how to do that.

16. Rob Milliken

All that stuff is client based , there are allot of single player weather /cloud mods that are for single player ..it's tough with MP & we have to be careful because you need to have it the same for all , example is I can turn heavy fog on for the server file but then a smart player can adjust his game weather where he now has no fog so now he has an advantage ,I know kunos was trying to prevent this so some oif the weather options in MP are i encrypted in AC code or disabled to prevent cheating , AC is not the only game with issues like these , but AC has the worst looking/acting weather of the lot so we simply leave all our AC events to clear .....lol the weather selections work good in most all the other games we run here ..:)

17. Rob Milliken

Reminder all drivers ! Dead line for custom skins /default car select is midnight Saturday ! The new skin pack (manual install copy/paste) will be posted by midnight Sunday ..:)

Now that we have over 10 drivers signed up (we will see how many show) we will restrict the reverse grid to the top 10 spots .

18. Ok, just tried my approach and I can change clouds on my side when connecting to server. Since Server is Clear Sky I don't think I'll get any advantages to other drivers:cool:

19. Martijn van t Land

Martijn van t Land Pro Driver

@Vyacheslav Potapenko
    Look like when the live stream joins server it crashes and I (and others) loose connection to server.....

20. tested with Camera Car connected/disconnected two times - no issues.. so might be different reason. So far Camera Car in sim and it works fine

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.