Assetto Corsa Round 3 Nurburgring

Discussion in 'Ferrari 458 GT2 Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Aug 19, 2020.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

• Like Like x 2
  2. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Can't race tonight will be late home have fun.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

going to join you chaps tonight. Amazing how old school these now feel, yet always thought of the 458 as pretty modern.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Not feeling up to this tonight..have a good race. See you next time :(

5. Bob Kendall

Bob Kendall Pro Driver

Wont allow me on server 9 already on correct pword all good. Says race started. time 7.08

6. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

that was really good fun and pleased to get 4th on my debut race :) wish i had made the first two rounds now. I saw it but kinda thought im too into ACC at the moment but once i tried the 458GT2 i was instantly hooked :cool: if you have the Fonsecker sound mod for this car it is mega and i found the car very visceral.
    Only thing im not so keen on is the shonky medium tyres that never get quite to temperature and my fronts were all over the place in pressure. Front left was -7.2 at one point :eek: whilst front right was +2.3 :rolleyes: meant i kept snatching a tyre under braking as they got worn and ended up with a flatspotted front right towards the end which gave me a great rumbling feedback through the wheel :)
    Had a cracking race with Rodriquez and Guttierez for first half of the race, 3 of us within a sec of each other for ages. I got past Nuno when he got too much kerb at the chicane and guttierez had shot off up the road chasing Tudor. So second half was spent in a forlorn chase trying to close down Tudor whilst Nuno hunted me until the chequered flag. Great stuff.
    Shame about the turnout from the sign up list :( a few more cars would have made that even more action packed, but good tough racey challenge all the same :cool:

• Like Like x 3
  7. Tudor Morris

Tudor Morris Pro Driver

Saw you trying to join Bob but we were already running. Race started at 7pm UK time.....it always confuses me too :confused:
    Nice race, could see Johnny gradually catching me and then waiting patiently for me to make a mistake which eventually came at Schumacher esses. Didn't have the pace to battle it out but with MJ only a few seconds behind me had to keep my head down. Was settled for 4th but then saw yellow flags on the last lap and guessed someone had ran out of fuel. Unlucky Phil :(

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

ps is there a skinpack? Cars still looked great in red but would look cooler with skins for variety. Will try and make rest of series, RL permitting. :)

• Like Like x 2
  9. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

Qualified in pole on the super soft tyre.

Race strategy was no stop on the medium tyre. Indeed, these don't get up to temps on this track with these temperatures, so it's a bit tricky.

Lost place to Ken on first laps, I then attacked him in the chicane on the outside, he must not have seen me and tagged my rear, and then made an error going in too fast I think, Phil got past too and hit him a little allowing me through with Phil now chasing me. We were matched on pace. In the middle sector I was faster but he made up so much ground at the chicane. I thought he was riding the kerbs to make up the time there, so I tried it (didn't try it in practice) and well, it unsettled my car too much and Phil got through. He was doing something else to go faster then me through there then :) I stayed on his back, at some point he lagged badly and I took a little bit more distance but soon his lagging was gone. Later I attacked him, went side by side through the turn and then the next turn he turned in slightly on me while I was next to time. That pushed me into a slide. I was expecting hem to give the position back there but he didn't I was now 8 seconds behind with 30 minutes to go. Still possible, so I kept pushing. First 3 seconds I made up quickly, I think Phil did a slight mistake somewhere there. After that I was marginally faster than him. On the closing laps I was gaining more, perhaps he was fuel saving there? I caught him when he went a bit wide and into the gravel slightly. A few turns later he ran out of gas and I was able to clinch victory!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Kenny Press

Kenny Press Administrator Staff Member Donator

There is a skin pack in the downloads section ;)

11. Laurent Londes

Last lap!

• Like Like x 3
  12. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

@Kenny, found out why my racing name didnt match, its because i use Content manager for AC and it uses my Steam ID name, appears to be direct linked so not sure way around that. I'll have to remember to start up AC through the normal front end instead for this series. Strange though as i race in other AC events on here o_O
    Thanks for the link to the skinpack. :)

13. Laurent Londes

You can change your in game name from CM as well. Have a look through the many options screens there are (not on my game pc).

14. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Laurent Londes one second place and two wins ... you're on a roll buddy. Well done :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Laurent Londes

How about joining for some races? You're pretty quick in sports cars and we could have another G.E.A.R win!

16. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

If I like the car I will do the next one :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Laurent Londes

The car is great, see you at Laguna Seca!

• Like Like x 2