Round 3 Oschersleben 2019-10-19

Discussion in 'RSS GT1 Season 2 Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Henri Miettinen

Henri Miettinen Pro Driver

I did something about 5 laps of practice last week, and a few laps before Q, so I didn't expect much. But I found a pretty good pace for Q and came in second. I got off to a good start, and then I just started driving to avoid mistakes, because I knew it was really hard to get past here. I didn't even try to drive fast, but I tried to get a good exit for straight so no one could get past me. I forgot to count the amount of fuel in the pits before the race, so I did it while driving. It's hard to find a mouse if you use oculus rifts when the straighs are so short. :D After the pit I lost a couple of places, but they collided with each other and managed to get past them. Then Davide came back and he pushed me to spin twice so I dropped to third. But I think it was just that ping issue, so I'm not reporting it. I may have lost the win there. Then Davide made a mistake and got past him. And I tried too hard to put pressure on Toni and I hit the curb too much and I did spun and Davide and Laurent got past me. So I finished fourth. I think these cars are too fast for this track. Overtaking is almost impossible without the other person making a mistake.

Grats podium! :)

Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  2. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

I choose this track because the same GT1 raced here for real. I'm sure they had the same issue's LOL!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

I think you are referring to the incident we had. To be fair I did already make a stop and was closing fast on you. I was next to you on the chicane and you closed the door. I agree it was a tough spot to try an overtake but wasn't expecting you to go in like that. You came back on track quite a bit before me but spun and you still had a stop to make. Sorry for trying to overtake there, it was a close call but I was losing time. By the way, I was virtually in the lead at that time after the pit stop.. I lost 3 places there, to Toni, Davide and Henri.

4. John vd Geest

Results are posted.

5. Davide Ricciardi

Davide Ricciardi Pro Driver

ahah mate, no I didn't push youo_O:D you was closing door on braking on the main straight not giving me enough room :p:p:D so we had contact eventually...

Also with Toni something weird happened while I overtook him at 1 lap to go for the victory, not sure if he lost control and pushed me out when I was beside him, I don't have replay so I'll never know :D

Great racing guys, lots of fun...:rolleyes:

6. Henri Miettinen

Henri Miettinen Pro Driver

Not enough room? How much you need it?
    [​IMG]

Also this. You can't just dive bombing to inside line when car in your front is turning in. SRO rules says, you have to be half the length of the car on the side, that you have right on the line.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

Good racing all. Congrats Toni! Fun stuff. Good racing with a few in the beginning but can't remember who. Good racing with Roberto Balli. I kept her on track. :) I wish their was a way to watch the complete replay.

On to the next race.

Johnny

8. John vd Geest

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. John vd Geest

I hit that high blue curb in the chicane and the engine was dead instandly. Was thrown in the pitlane with a 1600 !! seconds time penalty.
    So I was a few laps behind when I re-joined :p:rolleyes::confused:

10. Davide Ricciardi

@Henri Miettinen I see:D sorry again mate but my ping was at 380 all race, opponents cars were sliding backwards and forwards, it was a nightmare. In those precise moments, I recall being beside you rather than behind. Apologise to everyone I had a contact, in those lagging conditions It's likely my fault :(.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Laurent Londes

I wonder if that is why you also divebombed me going into the start/finish straight. There was no way you could have gained a place there. I noticed it when I started turning in and couldn't avoid contact. 380 ping is way too high to race.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Davide Ricciardi

yeah.. was horrible, ping was up and down from 380 back to 40 and again 380, so I was hoping for a connection improving, I had contacts with lots of drivers for the same reason, even some backmarkers, at some point of the race I was down to 6th position as It was impossible to understand where exactly cars were around me. About the last corner yes it's possible to gain a position there, yesterday I gained on Yusef on that precise corner when Ping was 40. :)

13. John vd Geest

upload_2019-10-20_11-8-43.png

Well done Toni !!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  14. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Jee \o/

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Q ok
    R 1st stint very bad, mistakes and one missed breakingpoint where just had to steer it so that wouldnt hit anyone. Managed to continue.
    2nd stint much better. Just online makes me lose .6 seconds per lap.
    Did solid 1.28 laps hard tyree and full car. Add that weight and go online, graphics not so smooth and car becomes awkward. Should stiffen but then lose traction.
    Nevertheless did less mistakes i guess than most in the end so won it.
    Race left me little shitty feelings tho. Davide, your a bad bad boy!
    Your race probably, in worst case scenario, gave you few drivetrhrouhgs, which you didnt take. In the end part your front tyre hit my rear tyre and we both allmost lost it again. Added some rearend damage to me previously.
    People get kicked out of races often due to bad ping. Some leagues wont let high ping even enter.
    All im saying is, if got ping issues and didnt tell and decide to race, make sure wont get into incidents!
    Kinda need different mindset.
    I will probably protest some since you are in the lead!
    :p:p

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Laurent Londes

17. John vd Geest

18. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Yes. Read there about beeing payware at same rate as other AC content.

19. Davide Ricciardi

I do believe you are not serious with your statement, you should have enjoyed the battle with me winning a race where you was clearly slower. You have been not only lucky to win but also not very fair as you pushed me off track on my attempt to overtake you. I already had issues with you on the previous season of this championship, where I lost a lot of championship points because you rammed me out twice in the same race. I didn't make any protest at the time because I am here to have fun not to have controversies. That's the mindset you should have, having fun without complaining too much. :p:p:D

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Dude, my wheel was straight driving the line giving room.
    Then for some odd reason i turn my wheel away from you...

• Disagree Disagree x 1