Project Cars 2 Round 3 Road America

Discussion in 'FKR GT3 Endurance Championship Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

What a shame last night, I was looking forward to a good race.

Spent a few hours practicing and although the gap to first was large I was happy to be top five in practice. The hot lap setups were evil, so I just gradually worked on my own, car felt good, I could lap at a good pace and the car was stable.

Couldn’t quite get it together in qualifying. I was 1.2 seconds up on my final run but then over cooked it into two corners and ended up slower, however I’d sorted out my strategies and was ready to go. So I possibly could’ve been fourth maybe in quali.

Doesn’t matter who did what but there was a lot of bumping and barging at the start (there was someone in front of me that simply drove into the car on his left to stop him overtaking) and then I had cars flying in front of me and had nowhere to go. Destroyed all the front suspension (I couldn’t steer right without full lock on) and I had to crawl back to pit lane to get repairs. Lost about two minutes I think. Real shame.

After that I pushed too hard...had a spin and more damage so I left it. Didn’t feel like losing another lap to repairs! Lol

Well done to the winners and finishers but it’s just frustrating, I normally never have time to practice and this was one occcasion where I could spend some solid time running laps , and getting everything to my liking. See you at the next one.

....oh and just to add the penalties were spot on for this one, I got a few warnings in practice and qualifying but they were legitimate warnings and you didn’t feel like you were being punished for no reason.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Larry Thomas

Larry Thomas Pro Driver Donator

After last nights race I was ready to give up on Pcars. Just got Pcars last week and only started seriously trying it out yesterday. My biggest problem was the ffb. For me it was just hopeless.:eek: Rob and Xavier pointed me in the right directions (thanks guys) but come race time it was better but I was still having problems. The GT3's felt nothing like rF2 or AC. I thought that was perhaps the way it is for Pcars.:(
    But not one to give up so easily I went back to Pcars today and tried some more experimenting with Jack Blades ffb settings recommended by Xavier and suddenly it was all good. I had a GT3 that drove and felt like a GT3.:D
    So all this is simply to say that despite my lack of fun and finishing 20 or so laps behind everyone, I will be there for the next race.;) And hopefuly finish a bit closer to you all.

By the way, is there a Helicorsa equivalent for Pcars?
    Also, is there a way to change the FOV of the virtual mirrors? When I was being lapped the mirror showed the car behind a couple of kilometres away but in reality it was right on my backside:eek:. I most probably caused problems for a few when I was being lapped because of this. My apologies to you.

• Like Like x 2