rFactor 2 Round 3 S397 Nurburgring - Sun Oct 10, 2021

Discussion in 'DTM 1991 Series Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jul 8, 2021.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

DTM 1991 banner.jpg

Welcome to the Nurburgring GP

The Nürburgring is a 150,000 person capacity motorsports complex located in the town of Nürburg, Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany. It features a Grand Prix race track built in 1984, and a much longer Nordschleife "North loop" track which was built in the 1920s around the village and medieval castle of Nürburg in the Eifel mountains. The north loop is 20.8 km (12.9 mi) long and has more than 300 metres (1,000 feet) of elevation change from its lowest to highest points. Jackie Stewart nicknamed the old track "The Green Hell".

Originally, the track featured four configurations: the 28.265 km (17.563 mi)-long Gesamtstrecke ("Whole Course"), which in turn consisted of the 22.810 km (14.173 mi) Nordschleife ("North Loop"), and the 7.747 km (4.814 mi) Südschleife ("South Loop"). There was also a 2.281 km (1.417 mi) warm-up loop called Zielschleife ("Finish Loop") or Betonschleife ("Concrete Loop"), around the pit area.

Between 1982 and 1983 the start/finish area was demolished to create a new GP-Strecke, and this is used for all major and international racing events. However, the shortened Nordschleife is still in use for racing, testing and public access.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2021
  2. John vd Geest

3. Matthew Lesniewski

Matthew Lesniewski Pro Driver Donator

yea sound fun but i am new to rf2 jus bought it yesterday love it but now where do i get that track and dtm 1991 car? thank you

• Like Like x 1
  4. John vd Geest

5. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Servers DOWN ?

6. Rob Milliken

I love this mod! it's worth every penny! I'm actually surprised more players are not hep to this mod..:rolleyes:
    Glad you're getting on board Matthew!:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. John vd Geest

The race is 62 minutes including the formation lap.

Formation lap procedure:

1. The pole-sitter does the formation lap at approximately 120 km/h.
    2. Between the chicane and the last turn we form up side by side in 2 rows.
    3. When the pole-sitter crosses the start-line, the race begins for everybody.

Watch timestamp 12:59, only we start at the start-line.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Gert-Jan van Osch

Gert-Jan van Osch Pro Driver

Have been practising, but I notice that on my computer after a session it takes a lot of time to advance to the next session. The more time i spend in a sesson, the longer it takes. Anyone experience the same thing or know a way around this behaviour?

I want to avoid a disconnect between transitions tomorrow. Thanks in advance...

9. John vd Geest

After the clock runs to zero, it normally takes 30 seconds for the next session to start on the server. If that's the amount of time you have to wait, that's normal.

10. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Do you have replays enabled? Try disabling them.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

well i found the fun of the car but still have to manage it!!!!

fun until it ended in destroyed front splitter.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Why does the sim log you out of the session as qualifying starts?

13. Dmitri Buksha

Dmitri Buksha Pro Driver

fun racing guys cya on next one

• Like Like x 1
  14. Gert-Jan van Osch

I think it is a bug in the code... It happens to me too some times.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Gert-Jan van Osch

Congrats... You were too fast in the twisty bits in the beginning of the lap.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Rob Milliken

It's very frustrating .. but unknown as to why o_O. At least rf2 lets you back in, same with ACC.. Threw the server you have the option to lock or un-lock re-entry during sessions. All sim's seem to do it at one time or another but with PC2 & AMS2 you cant get back in if the next session is Race.. :( Rf2, ACC & AC all let you back in during the race..

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

From what I've noticed is if I log on to rFactor say 15 minutes before qualification, chances are I'll get kicked off to desktop once qualification starts. If I log on an hour to half an hour before race starts, then I'm okay. It's just weird how that happens. Another issue I have is, once the race starts force feedback is dead and the vehicle turns into another animal.

Congrats Dmitrin and Gert. Fun race. Saw Toni do a slow motion slide. I was like, crap. I did 51 mph in a 50. Automatic drive-thru. All in all, it was a fun race.

Cheers guys.

18. Rob Milliken

Ahhh the "no ffb" nightmare.. I have & everyone should also program a button to the keyboard for the "reset FFB" feature rF2 has! Rf1 used to do this also ..its something from way way back in the original code.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

It hasn't always worked for me.

20. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

I believe I tried this back in the days if I remember correctly and the steering wheel turned into a rock. So heavy. Maybe it's different now or my system was different. I'll try to find a solution as it's happened today I believe one other race before this one.