rFactor 2 Round 3 San Francisco (DX9) / Sun Oct 13, 2019

Discussion in 'The DNF S3-Howston Dissenter 1974 Challenge Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

I'm sorry, I get a cold and I'm to … dizzy to race.
    Have fun guys

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

3. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

found a super pace and was going relaxed. i knew car gonna ride a wall abit but pressed gas nevertheless. just a basic lil wallride
    but there was a gap between 2 concrete blocks which my front hit.
    damn shame, could have given Jan a run for the moneyz.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jerry Chen

Jerry Chen Pro Driver

Sick with cold. feel like crap. Forgot to unregister.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

I hit a complete bumper lying on the road in the braking zone and spun into the wall. Otherwise I would have made it without a scratch. Put my wheel off-centre.
    Grats to Gert-Jan. He seems to know how to setup these cars :D

• Like Like x 1
  6. Gert-Jan van Osch

Gert-Jan van Osch Pro Driver

I was already wondering what happened to you when I did not see you in the mirrors anymore... Damn shame indeed, could have been a great 45 min battle...

• Like Like x 1
  7. Gert-Jan van Osch

I had a great qualifying lap to start from pole. 1st three laps were super exciting with Toni on my tail. I am wondering if he did not get any suspension damage jumping the 1st sequence of jumps that hard since I took it easy there.. I think my car was faster in the twisty section and I saw Toni closing in on the faster sections. After 3 laps I did not see him anymore... and could pull a gap to John... half way through the race I took less risks and try to bring the car home... without any damage.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Great Race guys !
    Great combo John I would have never thought this would be so much fun ! Crazy fast insane street driving :D.. If you have the time watch Johnny G on the replay lol , drifting like a mad man .. was epic watch heh..lol
    & sorry Johnny for my road block on lap 1 , I did like Toni & brushed the wall but hit a gap & flipped the car ,,steering was bent so I knew it was an insta-pit for me ..not the strategy I had planned for :p I hope you didn't get to much damage !
    rFactor 2(rFactor2.exe) Screenshot 2019.10.13 - 13.38.18.96.jpg
    Took my 55 sec pit stop & came out dead last 1/2 a lap back ..
    The Toni was Flying after Gert lap after lap :
    rFactor 2(rFactor2.exe) Screenshot 2019.10.13 - 13.45.35.95.jpg As the race went on I found myself gaining spots as 'The Streets Of San Francisco' started in on the field ! I saw body parts all over !
    Someone in the chat asked "what happened to Toni?" as he explained above the walls have nooks & cranny's .. I think hes selling body parts on e-bay :D:eek::rolleyes::
    rFactor 2(rFactor2.exe) Screenshot 2019.10.13 - 13.55.37.50.jpg By this time I found myself in 5th with a 24sec gap to 4th ! dam not last anymore after sitting upside down lap 1 ! I was happy ! :)
    I saw the gap was closing so I knew my pace was good I just had to keep it together !@! white knuckling every lap ..lol finally I could see 4th up ahead & noticed he had some damage lol no fenders .. as I was closing he lost grip & slammed into the wall gaining me yet another position ! :oops::rolleyes:o_O
    rFactor 2(rFactor2.exe) Screenshot 2019.10.13 - 14.28.49.64.jpg Next position is a podium ! this got me even more fired up ! It was Johnny G drifting his way around the city ! he had a 30 sec gap on me but I knew he had damage as the gap kept decreasing for the most part but he was holding on! even as he bounced off the walls :rolleyes: so with the time left I knew there was no way I could catch him .. unless ..
    rFactor 2(rFactor2.exe) Screenshot 2019.10.13 - 14.37.18.73.jpg Yard sale ! :eek:
    I could hardly believe I was now gifted a shot at the podium ! all I had to do was not crash ..lol That's when JVD showed up in my mirrors !! he was about to lap me ! I decided I was going to try to hold him off until it was inevitable, as I did start getting blue flags but I had tweaked the set to get better gearing in the slow turns and seemed to be able to hold the gap well enough to not force him to slow his pace & ..:p:D:rolleyes: He was on me pretty good tho but the blue flags would go away in spots : rFactor 2(rFactor2.exe) Screenshot 2019.10.13 - 14.53.22.47.jpg
    Grats to all the survivors ! totally stoked on a 3rd place here !! woo hoo :p! never did I think ,while I was sitting lap 1 upside down waiting for the game to 'right the ship' so I could 'limp to the pits',:rolleyes: I would be on the podium in 3rd !
    Fun stuff guys Thanks !

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. John vd Geest

That was a true run to victory Rob. Well done :)

• Like Like x 2
  10. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

Tbh we need a new eound of this :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Didier Coelo

Didier Coelo Pro Driver

I also brought the car home, but not without damage.:)

sfrisco.PNG

• Like Like x 4
  12. Gert-Jan van Osch

Trade off: weight reduction vs drag :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Gert-Jan van Osch

I was looking forward to watch some race highlights in the San Fransisco streets like in round 1 and round 2... Is John on holiday perhaps :cool:;) ? Or will there be no race highlight video for this event.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. John vd Geest

The cars were too far spread out and there were too few people to make a video interesting. This one didn't qualify.