rFactor 2 Round 3 Silverstone

Discussion in 'Historic F3 Challenge Closed' started by Gerhard Hofmann, Jun 25, 2018.

1. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

A question about round 3 Silverstone.
    What Story about Track Limit in Stowe Corner? Outside there is no white line. But the Asphalt Colour has different Blacks. IMO in this Corner there should be no Track Limit,because Its faster to Stay on the Inside.

2. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Ken Jagger

We'll likely see plenty of cars arguing for race position at this corner and as it does a good job of reflecting what the actual track was like in this era, I don't think it will be a problem to consider it as just a wider bit of track :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

As usual a lot of action on track. Race one was a bit crazy, I started way back from eleven but somehow I managed to clinch third within a few laps. Especially that crash opening lap in the last turn was violent in combination with these sausage curbs braking too late was very costly.
    The second race was more difficult but with very good "pack" racing between Flaviu, Jari (good comeback ), Barrett, Joshua and myself. You could feel the amount of respect which delivered close racing without to crash. Compliment guys.
    In the end I run out of juice and lost the contact and was passed from Ken with a great recovery drive after getting two times too close to the cones and even having flipped his car. They are probably a bit too solid, anyway good recovery Ken.

Some video material of both races and the good racing in the second race

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
    • Like Like x 6
  5. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

What I can say, R1 was just the warmup race, and R2 was THE RACE :D
    I had amazing fights all over the track with the above mentioned "pack" and with Roel (if I miss someone, please forgive me, I didn't saw the replay yet).
    It was so intense and demanding. I didn't believe it is over when I saw the checkered flag (I just wanted to keep going, and going ...)
    Thank you all for this beautiful driving event.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Michał Mazurek

Michał Mazurek Pro Driver

Q1,R1,Q2,R2: 4x1

In the end I did it :)
    A lonely ride means I have a concentration problem, but this time it succeeded

I admit that I am a bit jealous of the cool fight that took place behind my back
    Throughout the second race I watched on the LCD as Joshua breaks from the end of the stakes to the second position. He also won his race.
    @joshua it's a pity you will leave Zandvoort, wish you a good holiday

Congratulations to everyone

• Like Like x 3
  7. Pierre Deslandes

Pierre Deslandes Pro Driver

sorry for the bad translation ...
    I am a bit angry after race 2.
    After good qualifications (6th) I find myself 5th after a few hundred meters. In turn 3, Sean Devlin goes out and beats the bales of straw.
    One of them is propelled on the car and sends me in the grass.
    by returning to the track, I take a penalty for having cut the circuit ...
    I stop by following the pits to do it.
    I take the track and surprise, my judgment penalty was not taken into account.
    the next turn I want to stop again and the impossible to stop because a car is already on my site (yet it's not the same as me, I have the white No. 64 and Dan buban the No. 101 red).
    So I decide to leave the race ......

8. Ken Jagger

That's a tough result for you Pierre :(
    rF2 can't decide if you took avoiding action or a deliberate cut, so getting a penalty can be a hard judgement when it wasn't your fault, but most of us have had this situation happen to us too and we have to live with it. Regarding the pits, I too thought they were very short on pit-boxes, it was a very short pit-lane. For a 25 min race I suppose when the track was chosen, we didn't think two cars would stop at the same time either, so you got very unlucky twice! :(

Hopefully your luck will get better next time out.

9. Pierre Deslandes

Pierre Deslandes Pro Driver

Thx Ken, see you for next race, hope better

• Like Like x 1
  10. Caitlin Penny

Caitlin Penny Pro Driver Media Group

Slightly frustrating.

Q1 - P2 - Nothing to say really, except that Michal was extremely fast. P2 was about as good as I could've achieved.

R1 - P2 - Had a nice three-way fight at the start with Michal and Paulo, until we spread out. The most notable thing about my race was a couple of close calls with a backmarker, Stefan Schneider, who blocked me for laps despite blue flags, eventually hitting me on the straight and nearly taking us both out. I will certainly be reporting him. I also had a very scary moment when I rounded Copse at racing speed only to find a hay-bale on my line, which I hit. Oh well, I still finished second, so that's ok.

Q2 - P14 - A terrible session. On my outlap, I passed Ken in an attempt to get track position, and then spun at the chicane. Ken couldn't avoid me, and we made contact, damaging my car. We then both went onto flying laps, and I found, very unfortunately, that I had to overtake Ken on this lap. However, in doing so, I spun again at the chicane and crashed my car. Session over. I didn't complete a lap. I can only apologise to Ken for my awful lack of car control and patience. I am still very young (16), possibly too young to be driving these cars, and I often make hot-headed mistakes. Sorry about this, @Ken Jagger .

R2 - P2 - A very exciting race! Fighting through from the back was highly enjoyable. There was another scary moment near the start when I suddenly found myself in the middle of a massive pile-up at the chicane, but luckily it cleared quickly and I was able to race back through to second place. My favourite part was overtaking the four-car scrap near the front, and I have to thank @Flaviu Bozga , @Philipp Pichler , @Jari Bruppacher and @Barrett Erickson for the clean race.

Well done to @Michał Mazurek . You proved again that you are by far the best driver here.

Unfortunately, I will not be able to stay and attempt to maintain my championship lead, as I'll be on holiday and I will have to miss both Zandvoort and Oulton Park. I will be back for Spa-Francorchamps, but I know that the break will cost me the championship, and I am very disappointed by this, because I have never won a championship. Anyway, good luck to all of you for those rounds, have fun and I will see you at Spa. Thank you!

• Like Like x 4