Round 3 | Silverstone

Discussion in 'G.E.A.R. Multiclass Endurance Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Denis Pimenov

Denis Pimenov Pro Driver

if in qualifying it becomes known that the free slots will be for the race, can I take part in the race by connecting in warmup ?

2. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Sign up as a P2, so you can see the password on the event page. If there are no-shows in GTE (19 max) after qualy, you can join as a GTE in warmup.

But Simon Marshall has to be there before you, as he is ahead of you on the waitinglist in GTE.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
  3. Denis Pimenov

Denis Pimenov Pro Driver

can there be more GTE machines if there is not enough im its class LMP2?

yes, I understand and wish him luck

In this case, I will not risk another race, I think I'll go to another championship until the places are exactly busy, but I'll check 1 hour before the start the opportunity to participate with you and if there is a free place, I will be glad to enjoy the WEC.
    It's a shame that I did not register in advance ((

4. Joseph Wright

Joseph Wright Pro Driver Broadcaster

I tore a ligament the other day in my right foot, which means I will be in a lot of pain for most of the race. I might have to pull out mid-race if the pain gets too much, but I will be trying my hardest to get the entire event behind me. Luckily its not 2.4 hours long! and just 90 minutes

5. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Ouch, having had a few running injuries in the past I know how annoying (and painful) they can be. Hope you're feeling better soon mate.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Joseph Wright

Thanks man. Hopefully soon. Very painful right now though. Can hardly walk on it, so I dont know how I am gonna do :confused:

7. John vd Geest

There is 1 GTE place free now, as there are now only 18 registered :)
    Unregister for P2 and sign up for GTE please.

• Like Like x 1
  8. John vd Geest

Join the broadcasters in the booth :D

• Like Like x 1
  9. Joseph Wright

But I wanna raaaaceeee ;) I will see how bad the pain is before the race.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. John vd Geest

Hope you can make the race Joseph. The more the better !!

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. John Melichar

John Melichar Pro Driver

I signed out for now. I know it wont be enjoy able in the state I am at the moment. :(

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. Lars Jeppesen

Lars Jeppesen Pro Driver

Embarrasing but cannot race tonight. Really sorry. Have friends over from Ireland tonight and completely forgot about the race....:(

• Like Like x 1
  13. Tiaan Swart

Tiaan Swart Pro Driver

2nd race that ended prematurely for me. 2 disconnects out of the 2 races that I joined. Was not my best race though but hey, Love for racing overcomes it. Just sad about the disconnect

• Like Like x 1
  14. Denis Pimenov

Denis Pimenov Pro Driver

Everything went wrong ... from the very beginning!

I did not understand why, but during the qualification I closed the game and had to start the last.

There were many overtaking, but not all of them managed to find mutual understanding on the road for which I apologize.
    I really want to thank the organizers and Lance L. for the settings he kindly shared before the race.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Matheus Marçal

Matheus Marçal Pro Driver Broadcaster Media Group

Hey everyone, thanks for joining the race, had an good time broadcasting this round, i bet rain was really fun for some of you!

Broadcast will be in a few minutes on youtube, will make sure to send a link here as soon as its done!

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  16. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Thanks for doing the broadcast Matheus could not of been much fun on your own.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Matheus Marçal

Matheus Marçal Pro Driver Broadcaster Media Group

Here's the youtube video everyone! Enjoy!
    I was a little quiet this one because i did it by myself, Alex could not come, but had loads of fun while doing it!

• Like Like x 13
  18. Cody Eby

Cody Eby Pro Driver

Thank you for broadcasting! Already over half way through watching it.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. John vd Geest

Yeah, it's really unfortunate that you had to go to the hospital 2 weeks ago and now Alex is sick.
    I hope all broadcasting badluck is behind us now and we can have a great last 3 races with you 2 guys!

Great job Matheus doing this all on your own. You did a splendid job!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. John vd Geest

Bit of a bad race for me. I got spun around 3 times by GTE's just touching me slightly in the rain as I tried to pass them. You only need a little touch on the back of your car in the wet, and round you go. Also got a stop & go 5 minutes to the end as I understeerd of the track and then the game said ... "That was the last time you cut the track, stop & go for you". Damn, this track is strickt.

Grats to the winners, podiums and all finishers. From now on all events are completely dry ... pffff :)

Great move from Carl Middleton taking the GTE lead on lap 6 :cool:

• Like Like x 1