rFactor 2 Round 3 Sonoma Classic

Discussion in 'GTD Sportscar USA Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Andrew Blackburn

Andrew Blackburn Pro Driver Donator

I keep getting 'connection lost' in the dialog box and then I am kicked.

2. Andrew Blackburn

well race just started and did not even get a chance to turn a lap. Very disappointing to say the least.

3. Mark Robinson

Mark Robinson Pro Driver

Sorry guys, I have unregisterd from this series, the server issues tonight & two weeks ago make it impossible to race

4. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

Even if it was better, it's not close to normal SRO standards, even if it was ok during practice qualify.

From my position at least, cars was not disappearing this time, but was floating of track, thru walls/cars
    and warping back/fwd and some random cars "flicker" on screen from nowhere (seems common).
    Spending half the race hoping not ending up in another car, take away concentration from the race itself, and the fun.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 3
  5. Radek Sirc

Radek Sirc Pro Driver

Big apologize to someone in white Aston, which I hit after jump. It was not intention. At this moment a have been in slight slide due to zero grip on this point ot the track. Sorry again.

6. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Another poor server performance when we have had such interest. Very disappointed the decision wasn't made to decrease the numbers but instead to use this as a test event. SRO have lost members for sure with this. Please do not run this many numbers again.

I made all the suggested changes and it was as bad as last round.

7. Norman Bruce

Norman Bruce Pro Driver

Sorry @Kahel Grahf I held you up for a whole lap but I only got a blue flag warning at the last corner, I did not realise that it was you till then.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Kahel Grahf

Kahel Grahf Pro Driver

No worries @Norman Bruce. I kind of understand the confusion and it was because I did a mistake in the first place.
    See ya around.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Joe Brown

Joe Brown Pro Driver

I need to lodge a complaint about Zsolt Somogyi

10. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Did you read my post above as I had the same issue? It too late now but useful for next time it happens.

11. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

12. Andrew Blackburn

yes I did and I could not get it to work, but thank you anyway. Hope you had a good race.

13. Bubán Dávid

Bubán Dávid Pro Driver

I hope the next race will be with the split of the grid. This was a pain again. The game itself don't know where you are, the gaps are falling and rising randomly. And it was a big risk to lag into someone (I was close to hit a BMW because of this).

BTW why can't we hold the 120-140km/h at the beginning? There was a point where everyone went with 200+km/h. I tried to hold this speed but the front was much faster.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Kahel Grahf

Kahel Grahf Pro Driver

I was holding around 140kph +/- 10kph the whole lap, like suggested... but you always have those than don't keep close and need to compensate at some point, thus giving the impression the front is too fast. It's not, the issue is somewhere midfield usually.
    So it might be a bit better to go a bit slower or at least slow down for the last part, to let the field catch up... was just doing what instrusted.
    And don't forget the guys in front have no idea on what's going on behind. I read ken say to keep the speed at 140 so slowed down to 120-130 for a bit and went back to 140.

15. Gert-Jan van Osch

Gert-Jan van Osch Pro Driver

Had a good qualification ending 3rd on the grid. However during qualification I already saw lagging of other cars and with a lot of cars on track it is difficult to anticipate if a car is actually there or it is the lag. This resulted in my 1st flying qualification lap I nudged Ken Jagger at the start/finish straigh. Sorry for that.

After the race started I the lagging and dissapearing of opponents happened again however less sever than when we were racing on Montreal. However immediately from the beginning my car behaved much different than in practice with the same setup loaded. Breaking distance was much larger and I overshot the corners time after time and had to re adjust my breaking point and car behaved much looser however there was more than sufficient rubber on the track. This resulted in slow lap times and a group faster drivers bunched up which I could not defend against. In lap 14 I got nudged in the rear by Jan and the crash that followed destroyed my car completely. I limped back to the pits but I gave up repairing it again for 90s. Because same thing happened last time out in Montreal.

Glad with my qualifying result, disappointed how the race turned out for me this time. Hope we get it right again next time, not sure if I will sign off or sign on to a different series at this point.

16. Gert-Jan van Osch

Gert-Jan van Osch Pro Driver

We had same starting procedure with Porsche GT3 cup car and 120kph. This is a fine speed to do the formation lap.

17. Ken Jagger

Following on from the continuing, but slighter lesser problems we had last night, it's likely that the remaining races will now be limited to 30 or possibly 32 entries. This is close to the 35 turnout last night so would only affect a very small number of members who would go red-light. However we are looking into another potential option to allow all those entered in the series to be able to race in the remaining three races, but that has yet to be confirmed.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Kahel Grahf

Kahel Grahf Pro Driver

Glad to hear we have options. Thanx for looking into it.

19. Darrel Kruger

Darrel Kruger Pro Driver

I would suggest starting out a lot slower, so no gaps open. Once they do, then you have the issue of the front being slow and all the rear charging ahead, someones not going to be happy.

Re lap times: I was trying to stay away from others, and my lap times even though I was pushing to catch the car in front when I did have a gap were way off my offline practice times, maybe by 1 or 1.5 seconds. I don't know why.

20. Ken Jagger

Watching the replay, the gaps occurred due to the large number of cars on the grid and the time it took for each one to set off after Kahel started. After checking the replay there was only an odd variation from the 140kph/86mph lap speed set for the formation lap. I'm also not convinced that 20kph/12mph makes a significant difference against a 120kph formation lap.