Project Cars 2 Round 3 Sonoma GP

Discussion in 'BMW M1 Trophy Closed' started by Ken Jagger, May 6, 2023.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

SERVER IS UP

• Like Like x 1
  2. Gerhard Hofmann

Gerhard Hofmann Pro Driver Donator

Best track for this kind of cars!

3. Ken Jagger

Best track for you FULL STOP!! :rolleyes: Other than Brno of course :D

• Like Like x 1
  4. Gerhard Hofmann

i like them all, when they are not designed by Hermann Tilke.:eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Ken Jagger

I'll miss this race guys as I will be away for a couple of weeks. Duties will be taken care of by my fellow Admins. :)

6. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Drivers! While Kens is away the mice will play!
    SERVER JOIN INFO: Due to PC2's lack of server commands and the fact our server API controls are not working atm we will need to use the "no join until the host joins" method we use with AMS2.
    How this works: the server will be restarted at the top of the hr for the 60 min official practice @ exactly 17:00 gmt at this time the host will join (me) remember in PC2 and AMS2 the first person to join the server becomes the HOST! so please DO NOT JOIN THE SERVER after 17:00 gmt if it is EMPTY! or you will be the host!! I will be jumping on right at 17:00 so as long as the server is NOT EMPTY you may then join. If another player has joined and become the host I will need to stop and restart the server to have it empty again for me to become the host cutting into practice time.

Now in other news!
    Due to a foot injury, I cannot race :( So I have decided to attempt to do a live broadcast from the server. I will still be the host and join as if to race but instead, I will retire and start the broadcast (not using the in-game PC2 broadcast feature) instead I will let the race start with me in the last position then retire to the pits and do the live broadcast! this means we will see the cumbersome menus as you would by hitting "monitor" from the pits, however, this also allows a more seamless broadcast with less lag ect.. we also will miss the first 15 seconds of the start as I can't retire until the green flag so you will see me escaping threw the menus to get to the live action! In testing, it seems to work pretty well! so make sure to be on your best :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Rob Milliken

Well the server pw is not working so now we are stuck with the 1:30 min practice that will put the race starting aprox 30 min late unless the server API system actually works .. if the API works I will be able to switch to Q at 19:00 if not we are stuck with the 30 min of extra practice ..o_O

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Roman Granatovich

Roman Granatovich Pro Driver

It's a pity that Julian missed this race. in dubai he controlled tire wear better than me. I hope there will be a great next race. Thank you all for the correct fight. See you on the next track

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Rob Milliken

• Like Like x 4
  10. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

• Like Like x 1
  11. Paul Upham

Paul Upham Pro Driver

Sorry guys, I had all intentions of being there for he race but I had unexpected family show up at my door just before I was planning on coming on. Then I didn't get a chance to remove myself from the race.

Hope you all had a great race. I ill be there for the next one hopefully!

Paul

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Gerhard Hofmann

Grats Roman, thanks for your patience. I knew its impossible to defend against someone who is 2-3 seconds faster. When tires broke down , i could not reduce the risk and made a mistake, fair enough. Thanks to all hardcore members for joining. It was a great track car combo!!

• Like Like x 2
  13. Roman Granatovich

Roman Granatovich Pro Driver

you were good and if not for a mistake, you could have held the position. yes, in the last laps, maybe I would have attacked more actively, I saved more tires, but in any case, I would not have started the incident on purpose. before departure due to used tires your lead was deserved

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1