Assetto Corsa Comp Round 3 Spa 'Endurance'

Discussion in 'ACC 2022 GT3 Series 2 Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Apr 13, 2022.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Last edited: May 9, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Rob Milliken

The server is up!

3. Max Veloce

Max Veloce Pro Driver

can I ask what time of day the race start will be (the in game time)

thanks

4. Rob Milliken

Race start time is 14:00 2pm with 10x time excel having the race end around 12:00pm the next day .

• Like Like x 1
  5. Max Veloce

Max Veloce Pro Driver

uhm 10x would make the race end 10:00am unless Kunos cant do math, but ok. I guess I need to go check when sunset/sunrise are at the track.

Just trying to work out a tyre strategy because too hot or too cold really messes them up now. Add in Spas 3 mile pitlane and LOL, its a conundrum

6. Rob Milliken

yes 10 am, its my math that's off as I originally had it at 12X but it was just moving too fast

7. Mark Ekins

Mark Ekins Pro Driver

Its the Bathurst 12hrs this weekend..... shame we arnt racing that next weekend... I just find spa boring.

8. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

I’m thinking about doing this race as a one off (sorry work is preventing me from doing more)

bought this sim when it first came out but as I do all my racing in RF2 I think I e only done an hour or so in it!

which is a good starter car for a newb like me? I’ll then try and practice most nights (quick races, etc)

always used to support the Jaguar (they even sent me a team jacket which was cool) but don’t know how it compares to some of the newer GT3’s in the game now.

9. Rob Milliken

It would be great to have you! 1 off's are fine, this is like a special event anyway to have some fun with the day/night transitions ! The BMW M4 is prob the easiest to drive .. The Jag is also pretty cool but not the fastest! well in the right hands it is :D .. Unfortunately the latest build 1128 broke our rF2 server so we don't know when that will be back online so jump in and have some fun!

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Mark Ekins

Mark Ekins Pro Driver

Lol i would avoid the Jaguar, it is not a friendly car to drive! The maclaren or BMW M4 are probably the quickest/ easiest. If you've never driven ACC, bit of a baptism of fire doing two hours in it! Do long stints for practise, get used the tyres.

Having jumped on the server on friday into a night session which felt like it had zero grip i'm tempted to 3 stints so i can get the tyres working in the night. However knowing the server... It will 30 degrees both day and night.... Has the server settings been checked as to whats going on with it? Why is it always set so hot!

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

For sure my friend. That’s the plan really. I’ve done three hour stints in RF2 so driving time (and concentration) shouldn’t be an issue but yes I totally understand your point! Lol :)

12. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Thanks Rob, that’s a shame. Didn’t realise the RF2 build had also wrecked your league too. Fingers crossed all will be fine soon.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Rob Milliken

Here are the server weather settings for Spa:
    Desktop Screenshot 2022.05.15 - 02.44.46.65.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  14. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Yeah I guess real world weather at this time of year could be interesting….

Rain, followed by drizzle, then some cloud, followed by more rain, then thunderstorms…normal day at spa. Lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Andy Tomlinson

Andy Tomlinson Pro Driver

Also the V8 Aston is a good starter. Though can be a bit common on the grid.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Mark Ekins

Mark Ekins Pro Driver

@Rob Milliken what about the time of day not being correct? We've had that a number of times now where the session clearly isnt the time of day it should be

• Like Like x 1
  17. Rob Milliken

The time of day changing is a well known ACC server bug. All our races have started at the correct set time, most of the time I set it to 2pm, the ACC server bug happens when the server sits empty because the internal clock keeps running so day turns into night etc.. The fix is, if you join and its night time, exit and refresh the server & re join and it will go back to the set time, or if admin is on the server, he can advance the sessions threw Q and race to re set the proper time for P1 (in ACC you can only advance the sessions, you cannot restart a session with server commands:rolleyes:)
    Also remember kunos built the multiplayer weekend to be just that a 3-day weekend event with P1 on Friday, Q on Sat & races on Sundays just like the real GT3 series.
    This real race weekend simulation also simulates the other class races going on during the weekend be it PCC or GT4 etc. We don't see this but it's built into the simulation as far as track conditions are concerned and builds rubber as the weekend progresses. (You can read all about this if you do a search)
    This has an effect on how your cars perform with each day as the rubber builds. However, players started complaining & crying about Fridays having a green track so to combat this effect of 'green track - no grip in our practice sessions' we set the session to have our P1 on Saturday right before Q to give us a little more grip and have some consistency. However, the races will be on Sundays with even more grip (after the simulated 'other class' races) as well as some weather changes.
    This is a simulation so we want to get as close as we can to what the real drivers might be facing on a GT3 race weekend.;)
    That said here is the server set up for the Spa event:
    Desktop Screenshot 2022.05.15 - 11.21.45.57.jpg
    Desktop Screenshot 2022.05.15 - 11.21.54.46.jpg
    Desktop Screenshot 2022.05.15 - 11.22.03.90.jpg

You can see that the race has a 2pm start with 10X time excel, this will have us race into the sunset, through the night into the morning with a finish around 10am

Last edited: May 15, 2022
  18. Mark Ekins

Mark Ekins Pro Driver

Its always clear what its set to, it states it in the top right of the screen but as we had in Imola, qually seemed to be more evening than afternoon with the the sun on the horizon. It just doesnt feel its actually reading those settings anymore!

19. Rob Milliken

Well, that was user error lol I had set the server up to take screen shots for the banner & forgot to edit the Q time back:rolleyes::oops:

20. Taner Selvi

Taner Selvi Pro Driver

Could be nice If there is another server to be held for night practice, couldnt it.

• Like Like x 1